2024 QB Destinations

Moderator: bwgood77

righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

2024 QB Destinations 

Post#1 » by righterwriter » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:16 am

We've got eight teams in need of a new QB this offsseason. Interested to discuss some predictions on where you think they'll end up.

Below are the QB-needy teams and available QBs I have circled. If there are any missing, feel free to add them to the list.

Chicago -
Washington -
New England -
Las Vegas -
Atlanta -
Denver -
Pittsburgh -
Minnesota -
Tampa Bay -

Of course there will be some backups moving around, so you can go deep into that if you wish.

Here are the top free agents and QB prospects:

Free Agents/likely traded
Cousins
R.Wilson
Mayfield
Minshew
S.Howell (available in trade)
J.Fields (available in trade)
Flacco

Draft Prospects
C.Williams
D.Maye
J.Daniels
JJ McCarthy
M.Penix
Bo Nix
S. Rattler
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,465

Re: 2024 QB Destinations 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:20 am

Falcons- Fields
Raiders- Russ
Vikings- Cousins
Bucs- Baker
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by righterwriter » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:55 am

My predictions v1

Chicago - C.Williams...seems like the surefire #1 pick at this point
Washington - J.Daniels...mobile QB with a big arm seems to suit their weapons and is a splashier pick for new ownership
New England - Minshew in FA, Bo Nix in rd 2, draft MHJ at pick #3...NE goes value + long term over reaching for a QB at #3
Las Vegas - JJ McCarthy...They have tons of talent at the skill positions. Just need a guy to get the ball to them
Atlanta - D.Maye... has a cannon for an arm that should fit well with their downfield receivers
Denver- K.Cousins...They have a roster built to win now, will go all-in to get Cousins. He likes the structure and WRs in place
Pittsburgh - M.Penix...Big-armed QB with great leadership. Could be a hit with their offensive weapons in place.
Minnesota - R.Wilson...Another team that is ready to win now and wants a veteran QB to step in right away
Tampa Bay - B.Mayfield..Easy re-sign for the guy who became the team leader in a good TB season

Destinations for the remaining QBs

- Sam Howell to the Jets for a 2025 3rd rd pick and 2024 5th rd pick... high quality insurance for Rodgers and maybe QB of the future
- J.Fields to Seattle for a 2024 5th rd pck and 2025 5th rd pick... can be heir apparent to G.Smith and be useful right away in Taysom Hill-type offensive packages
- Flacco back to CLE
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#4 » by Mr B » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:15 pm

righterwriter wrote:We've got eight teams in need of a new QB this offsseason. Interested to discuss some predictions on where you think they'll end up.

Below are the QB-needy teams and available QBs I have circled. If there are any missing, feel free to add them to the list.

Chicago -
Washington -
New England -
Las Vegas -
Atlanta -
Denver -
Pittsburgh -
Minnesota -
Tampa Bay -

Of course there will be some backups moving around, so you can go deep into that if you wish.

Here are the top free agents and QB prospects:

Free Agents/likely traded
Cousins
R.Wilson
Mayfield
Minshew
S.Howell (available in trade)
J.Fields (available in trade)
Flacco

Draft Prospects
C.Williams
D.Maye
J.Daniels
JJ McCarthy
M.Penix
Bo Nix
S. Rattler

Chicago - Fields
Washington - Cousins
New England - Daniels
Las Vegas - Wilson
Atlanta - Caleb Williams
Denver - JJ McCarthy
Pittsburgh - Penix
Minnesota - Maye
Tampa Bay - Mayfield
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#5 » by hermes » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:38 pm

if the vikes don't bring cousins back i'd think they'd go with some bridge veteran. we aren't in a good position to get one of the top guys in the draft and probably won't want to start a rookie picked in the 2nd round or later
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,641

Post#6 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:54 pm

I'm having a really tough time imaging Russ on any one of those teams. Pittsburg and Atlanta seem like the most plausible destinations, but even then I find myself asking why?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#7 » by Worm Guts » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:32 pm

hermes wrote:if the vikes don't bring cousins back i'd think they'd go with some bridge veteran. we aren't in a good position to get one of the top guys in the draft and probably won't want to start a rookie picked in the 2nd round or later

They may go with a bridge a long with drafting someone in the first or 2nd round, but if they are going to go with a veteran, it probably needs to be Cousins.
I think this is a relatively decent draft to get a QB outside the top 5.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by righterwriter » Sat Mar 9, 2024 6:43 am

News of R.Wilson in Pittsburgh. He's reportedly gone there for some long meetings. I wonder if he doesn't leave with a contract.

Kinda hard to imagine him wanting to spend a lot of time meeting with different teams (the Vikings and Raiders being the other contenders for his services), as free agency starts Monday and will lead to a slew of signings and trades.

Seems likely Wilson ends up there. So which QB goes to Minnesota and who goes to Las Vegas? Or do they focus on the draft, maybe trading up for McCarthy?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,044

Post#9 » by Mr B » Sat Mar 9, 2024 11:00 am

righterwriter wrote:News of R.Wilson in Pittsburgh. He's reportedly gone there for some long meetings. I wonder if he doesn't leave with a contract.

Kinda hard to imagine him wanting to spend a lot of time meeting with different teams (the Vikings and Raiders being the other contenders for his services), as free agency starts Monday and will lead to a slew of signings and trades.

Seems likely Wilson ends up there. So which QB goes to Minnesota and who goes to Las Vegas? Or do they focus on the draft, maybe trading up for McCarthy?

Wilson also met with the Giants. I think Pittsburgh is the more likely destination for him however don’t rule out the Giants.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Return to The General NFL Board