OT: Two young stars, friends, different politics?

Moderator: bwgood77

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,259

OT: Two young stars, friends, different politics? 

Post#1 » by wco81 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:55 pm

Burrow and Bosa knew each other from their time at OSU.

Burrow seemed like a Republican type. Not surprising about Bosa's politics.

This is true but his friendship with Bosa is hard to reconcile. Maybe Burrow has decided he likes Bosa personally but maybe hates his politics. It's hard to tell. What's certain is that Burrow and Bosa have been friends for years. Burrow spent three years at Ohio State before transferring to LSU and Bosa was of course in Columbus then as well. Bosa spoke about the their friendship in 2021.
"We just spent a lot of time together that second year and became friends, then he left and I got drafted," Bosa said then. "We both had success, and that kind of brings you together too as friends. When you’re both on the same path, similar path...Yeah, he’s a good friend of mine..."

Burrow has to know what Bosa believes and I have to think at least a part of him is bothered by it. Before being drafted in 2019, Bosa praised Trump, and called Colin Kaepernick, a hero to numerous NFL players, particularly Black players, and many others outside of football, "a clown." Then, in the weeks leading up to the draft, Bosa deleted many of those social media posts, and toned down his rhetoric. Bosa should believe what he does and stick with that conviction but he didn't because, as he said in an interview with ESPN: "I had to. There is a chance I might end up in San Francisco."

Bosa has since shed his MAGA shyness and, again, he can do what he wants, but it's Burrow who is the interesting part of this story.

Read in USA TODAY: https://apple.news/AR67eP9oCQTu87ecPEd7ocg

Soon as Bosa's production declines, team will probably try to restructure his contract or cut him.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Re: OT: Two young stars, friends, different politics? 

Post#2 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:45 pm

lol
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 326

Post#3 » by QB_Eagles » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:48 pm

I never get why US party affiliation is so polarizing when both parties govern almost exactly the same way.
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,837

Post#4 » by SK21209 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:58 pm

I could not possibly care less about athletes' politics.

Return to The General NFL Board