Moderator: bwgood77

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,050

Re: The Dallas Chiefs? 

Post#41 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:12 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I don't think any team could threaten the Cowboys fan base. They extend not only the entire country but also into other countries.

The Texas Rangers just won a World Series. If they moved to New York would the Yankees lose popularity? No they wouldn't at all.

Again, the team would be moving back to where they originated. So a better example would the Dodgers. If the Dodgers moved back to Brooklyn and won a championship would the Yankees loss fans to them? My guess would be yes. The question is would anyone that roots for the Dodgers be front runners?

IMO If you leave your team to become of fan of who's hot then yes. Even if they relocate to your city.

I'm Cowboys for life, nothing can change that for me.

If I were born in Cleveland I'd be Browns for life and I respect their fans for being real ones. They've had it the worst of all NFL fans. Their franchise moving to Baltimore and winning rings is salt on the wound too.

Does that mean you have to swallow everything Jerry shoves down your throat?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,474

Post#42 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 5, 2024 3:18 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I don't think any team could threaten the Cowboys fan base. They extend not only the entire country but also into other countries.

The Texas Rangers just won a World Series. If they moved to New York would the Yankees lose popularity? No they wouldn't at all.

Again, the team would be moving back to where they originated. So a better example would the Dodgers. If the Dodgers moved back to Brooklyn and won a championship would the Yankees loss fans to them? My guess would be yes. The question is would anyone that roots for the Dodgers be front runners?

IMO If you leave your team to become of fan of who's hot then yes. Even if they relocate to your city.

If I were born in Cleveland I'd be Browns for life and I respect their fans for being real ones. They've had it the worst of all NFL fans. Their franchise moving to Baltimore and winning rings is salt on the wound too.

If that happened to my team, I don't think I could continue to support the league. I likely would just be a College Football fan.

I don't watch the NBA.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,158

Post#43 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:02 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Again, the team would be moving back to where they originated. So a better example would the Dodgers. If the Dodgers moved back to Brooklyn and won a championship would the Yankees loss fans to them? My guess would be yes. The question is would anyone that roots for the Dodgers be front runners?

Not sure what "swallow" means but if you're a Cowboys fan you're forced to accept what ever they do.

I don't agree with Jerry all the time. Up to me? Belichick would be the HC. But I'm going to root for McCarthy to succeed because that's how it is.

This is all for our entertainment. It's not that serious.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#44 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:14 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:IMO If you leave your team to become of fan of who's hot then yes. Even if they relocate to your city.

Not sure what "swallow" means but if you're a Cowboys fan you're forced to accept what ever they do.

I don't agree with Jerry all the time. Up to me? Belichick would be the HC. But I'm going to root for McCarthy to succeed because that's how it is.

Outside of the Jimmy Johnson hire, I haven't accepted anything Jerry has done over his tenure as Cowboys owner. And the proof and results have been in front of their eyes the whole time.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#45 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:25 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:IMO If you leave your team to become of fan of who's hot then yes. Even if they relocate to your city.

There is a difference between not rooting for a team to win and having zero faith they can win.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mr B » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:27 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:Does that mean you have to swallow everything Jerry shoves down your throat?

Outside of the Jimmy Johnson hire, I haven't accepted anything Jerry has done over his tenure as Cowboys owner. And the proof and results have been in front of their eyes the whole time.

I find it amazing that some people will just drink the cool aid year after year. I mean 30 years is not a big enough example?
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,158

Post#47 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Apr 5, 2024 4:32 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Not sure what "swallow" means but if you're a Cowboys fan you're forced to accept what ever they do.

I find it amazing that some people will just drink the cool aid year after year. I mean 30 years is not a big enough example?

Both of you accepted what Jerry has done.

I mean, what are you going to do about it?

All you can do is accept. That's the only option.

We can both whine on a message board, but at the end of the day we are forced to accept what they throw out.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:17 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Not sure what "swallow" means but if you're a Cowboys fan you're forced to accept what ever they do.

I can remember telling everyone after Jerry ran Jimmy out the door and he signed Dionne Sanders, that it was the beginning to the end. I didn't think it would last 3 decades. I never thought in a million years after the 60's, 70's and early 80's that this franchise would make me ashamed I was a fan of 30 years later. Jerry and his ego has spent the last 30 years trying to show up Jimmy's success and proving to us old guard Cowboy fans he can get it done his way.
Which is why I haven't bought anything but vintage memorabilia since 1996 and haven't added anything to my blue room since 1996 except for vintage items. Not 1 jersey, 8x10 photo, etc., nothing. Only the great Cowboys are added to my blue room ring of honor. :nod:

Return to The General NFL Board