OJ passes away

Moderator: bwgood77

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,158

Re: OJ passes away 

Post#21 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:03 pm

DOT wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Disagree. How often do we see police chases featuring innocent people?

They don't happen.

Tyre Nichols.

He didn't drive away, he was pulled over and got out of his car. He didn't run until they started pepper spraying him.

If the mother of your children is murdered, your reaction would be to call the police, not to run from the police
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,327

Post#22 » by DOT » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:10 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:He didn't run until

Micah Prescott wrote:There is no reason to run.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#23 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:14 pm

DOT wrote:

:roll:

okay man
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by DOT » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:19 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
DOT wrote:

okay man

Someone's mad :lol:
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#25 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:29 pm

DOT wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
DOT wrote:

okay man

Someone's mad :lol:

"u mad" = "I lost"
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by DOT » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:43 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I lost

Thanks for admitting it :lol:

But seriously, the idea that running from the cops is proof of guilt is one of the ways in which society normalizes police brutality. It is the same as "if you're innocent, you have nothing to hide", which the police themselves understand to not be true as they fight their hardest to keep body cams off instead of readily available

It's one of those leftovers from the pre-Internet age where all people had to go on was what the cops would tell the news the next day, which would always paint themselves in a positive light

I know you'll never change your mind, cause bootlickers gonna bootlick, but if it's that easy to find an example of someone running from the cops when not guilty, maybe you should re-evaluate your biases. Just cause OJ ran because he was guilty doesn't mean everyone who runs is guilty

Just look at the amount of times police kill people for no reason and then justify it with "I feared for my life". I fully understand why people would run given how many innocent people cops kill.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#27 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:01 pm

DOT wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I lost

Thanks for admitting it :lol:

But seriously, the idea that running from the cops is proof of guilt is one of the ways in which society normalizes police brutality. It is the same as "if you're innocent, you have nothing to hide", which the police themselves understand to not be true as they fight their hardest to keep body cams off instead of readily available

It's one of those leftovers from the pre-Internet age where all people had to go on was what the cops would tell the news the next day, which would always paint themselves in a positive light

I know you'll never change your mind, cause bootlickers gonna bootlick, but if it's that easy to find an example of someone running from the cops when not guilty, maybe you should re-evaluate your biases. Just cause OJ ran because he was guilty doesn't mean everyone who runs is guilty

Just look at the amount of times police kill people for no reason and then justify it with "I feared for my life". I fully understand why people would run given how many innocent people cops kill.

It might not be 100% proof of guilt, but it absolutely suggests guilt. You're trying to make this a BLM type of debate but OJ wasn't Tyre Nicholes, he was a known celebrity and it was white neighborhood.

I mean, not everyone with blood on their hands "did it". But most of them did.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,050

Post#28 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:45 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Harry Palmer wrote:
He was guilty. But the investigation had issues. But they are the kind of issues you only get the benefit of if rich; there was a guy who was charged with almost the exactly same crime in the same area at the same time with very similar evidence, he was serving a life sentence before O.J. has even appeared in court.

There are haters like that cop who would frame people but I guess that never happened to you and just based everything on planted evidence that you knew was done. How many people had been incarcerated wrongfully for decades? I watched that court proceeding live as it was televised and still don't know if he was guilty of murder or not but I suspect if you were part of that jury, you would have stated to the foreman and judge: "He was quilty." as you just stated.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27/1125442683/wrongful-convictions-disproportionately-affect-black-americans-report-shows

The car chase wouldn't have ever happened if he were innocent. There is no reason to run. The only plausible alternative is that his son did it and he walked in on what happened and tried didn't want to turn his son in. But odds are that OJ himself did it.

That’s absolutely what common sense tells us. My question is if it were clear that OJ did it why did Mark Furman plant evidence and commit perjury? Also there was some evidence there that doesn’t point to OJ. There was a bloody footprint of a size 9 shoe yet OJ wears a 12. If OJ actually did do it though the LAPD totally screwed this case up.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#29 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:46 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:Let's not mention how we have some jury members themselves(at least one of them) admitting the verdict was payback for Rodney King and the history of corruption/racism in the LAPD.

Yea LAPD has a long history of being corrupt.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,167

Post#30 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:11 pm

Mr B wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:Let's not mention how we have some jury members themselves(at least one of them) admitting the verdict was payback for Rodney King and the history of corruption/racism in the LAPD.

This is true - but if jurors believed he was guilty and still voted to acquit him based on past grievances that is also not a good thing.

IMO.

Anyways he's dead, so long and buh-bye.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 215

Post#31 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:18 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
There are haters like that cop who would frame people but I guess that never happened to you and just based everything on planted evidence that you knew was done. How many people had been incarcerated wrongfully for decades? I watched that court proceeding live as it was televised and still don't know if he was guilty of murder or not but I suspect if you were part of that jury, you would have stated to the foreman and judge: "He was quilty." as you just stated.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27/1125442683/wrongful-convictions-disproportionately-affect-black-americans-report-shows

The car chase wouldn't have ever happened if he were innocent. There is no reason to run. The only plausible alternative is that his son did it and he walked in on what happened and tried didn't want to turn his son in. But odds are that OJ himself did it.

That’s absolutely what common sense tells us. My question is if it were clear that OJ did it why did Mark Furman plant evidence and commit perjury? Also there was some evidence there that doesn’t point to OJ. There was a bloody footprint of a size 9 shoe yet OJ wears a 12. If OJ actually did do it though the LAPD totally screwed this case up.
Same reason as to why the gloves doesn't fit but it doesn't matter to some people as long as he's black, he must of it did. And planting evidence would seal the deal for them.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 215

Post#32 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:19 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Mr B wrote:

This is true - but if jurors believed he was guilty and still voted to acquit him based on past grievances that is also not a good thing.

IMO.

Anyways he's dead, so long and buh-bye.
They acquitted him based on the evidence that were admissible and not be influenced otherwise in assuming he was guilty that you seem to be alluding to. Obviously, you never served as a jury before, and if you had, you would have been dismissed by assuming he was guilty regardless. And police following a car that does not pull over does not mean he did it, but that is good enough for you to convict him of murder Lol
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#33 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:09 pm

That's cool and everything, but when a juror gives an interview saying that 90% of the jury decided to find him not guilty as payback for Rodney King, I mean...their words not mine. Not interested in the whole police chase scenario, personally.

Anyways, he's dead. So long, buh-bye.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 347

Post#34 » by Jaydubb » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:10 pm

OJ’s last tweet, his family deleted it..

RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#35 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:14 pm

Jaydubb wrote:OJ’s last tweet, his family deleted it..

Pretty sure that was fake.
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 347

Post#36 » by Jaydubb » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:15 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Jaydubb wrote:OJ’s last tweet, his family deleted it..

Pretty sure that was fake.

Yeah.lol just a lil humor
Mr B
RealGM

Post#37 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:35 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:That's cool and everything, but when a juror gives an interview saying that 90% of the jury decided to find him not guilty as payback for Rodney King, I mean...their words not mine. Not interested in the whole police chase scenario, personally.

I’d like to see where someone on the jury said 90% of the voted not guilty because of the Rodney King verdict. Do you remember where you read that?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#38 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:41 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:That's cool and everything, but when a juror gives an interview saying that 90% of the jury decided to find him not guilty as payback for Rodney King, I mean...their words not mine. Not interested in the whole police chase scenario, personally.

Ok I see where you heard that from, you saw the TikTok video by that former juror. She said she voted not guilty as payback for the Rodney King verdict. The interviewer then asks if she thinks other jurors voted not guilty for the same reason and she said “probably” and when asked how many jurors, she responded “probably about 90%”. So she doesn’t really know she’s just taking a guess.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#39 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:47 pm

Mr B wrote:

Ok I see where you heard that from, you saw the TikTok video by that former juror. She said she voted not guilty as payback for the Rodney King verdict. The interviewer then asks if she thinks other jurors voted not guilty for the same reason and she said “probably” and when asked how many jurors, she responded “probably about 90%”. So she doesn’t really know she’s just taking a guess.

Yea the 90% seemed pretty arbitrary/pulled out of her ass but even one juror voting that way in any trial(let alone a double homicide) is pretty concerning, IMO.

Not that any of that matters now, it's been over for decades and he's gone now too...and the justice system/LAPD will continue to suck ass.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,194

Post#40 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:32 pm

Incredible to think he ran for 2000 yards in 1 season. While playing in only 14 games...I think it was at the time
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to The General NFL Board