OJ passes away

Moderator: bwgood77

MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,954
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

OJ passes away 

Post#1 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,160

Re: OJ passes away 

Post#2 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:06 pm

In another recent thread in here we were just talking about how he had arguably the greatest rushing season that a RB has ever had. 2,000+ yards back when there 14 games in a season. Average 143 y/g

Outside of that, yeah he's a murderer and I hope he is sitting on Satan's lap right now.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#3 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:24 pm

Don’t think we’ll be seeing too many RIP’s for him...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,553

Post#4 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:46 pm

Get those pineapples ready!

WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 260

Post#5 » by WentzerWuver » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:37 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:In another recent thread in here we were just talking about how he had arguably the greatest rushing season that a RB has ever had. 2,000+ yards back when there 14 games in a season. Average 143 y/g

Outside of that, yeah he's a murderer and I hope he is sitting on Satan's lap right now.

I recalled that if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit which the jury agrees in the court of law. Double jeopardy states that no one can be charged with the same crime twice after being acquitted. He might end up in front of heaven gate.
QB_Eagles
Rookie
And1: 328

Post#6 » by QB_Eagles » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:16 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:In another recent thread in here we were just talking about how he had arguably the greatest rushing season that a RB has ever had. 2,000+ yards back when there 14 games in a season. Average 143 y/g

I recalled that if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit which the jury agrees in the court of law. Double jeopardy states that no one can be charged with the same crime twice after being acquitted. He might end up in front of heaven gate.

I don't think double jeopardy has any influence on whether you get into heaven.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,574

Post#7 » by hermes » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:24 pm

is the made in america documentary worth watching? i only really know the bare minimum about oj's trial (there was a big car chase and he was found not guilty but everyone thinks he did it. or something like that :dontknow: )
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Post#8 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:15 pm

hermes wrote:is the made in america documentary worth watching? i only really know the bare minimum about oj's trial (there was a big car chase and he was found not guilty but everyone thinks he did it. or something like that :dontknow: )

Not everyone thinks he did it. Yea it’s worth watching, especially if you’re in to true crime. The LAPD ruined any chance they had to find him guilty if he actually was. Detective Mark Furman planted all kinds of evidence and went to prison for it.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by WentzerWuver » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:20 pm

Mr B wrote:
hermes wrote:is the made in america documentary worth watching? i only really know the bare minimum about oj's trial (there was a big car chase and he was found not guilty but everyone thinks he did it. or something like that :dontknow: )

Not everyone thinks he did it. Yea it’s worth watching, especially if you’re in to true crime. The LAPD ruined any chance they had to find him guilty if he actually was. Detective Mark Furman planted all kinds of evidence and went to prison for it.

Exactly. He was also racist and planted evidence when there wasn't any to be found. Wouldn't be a surprise if he had planted the gloves cause why would someone wear gloves that doesn't fit to commit murder? Like the glove doesn't fit so he had to take it off and leave it right there lol. That's why if it doesn't fit, you must acquit.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by WentzerWuver » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:21 pm

QB_Eagles wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

I don't think double jeopardy has any influence on whether you get into heaven.
It doesn't but it does prevent further manufacturing or tampering of evidence to convince the jury the next go around until they get a conviction. That's why i approve of double jeopardy. Still his final judgment will come now that he has passed away. Rip
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,529

Post#11 » by Harry Palmer » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:55 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Exactly. He was also racist and planted evidence when there wasn't any to be found. Wouldn't be a surprise if he had planted the gloves cause why would someone wear gloves that doesn't fit to commit murder? Like the glove doesn't fit so he had to take it off and leave it right there lol. That's why if it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

He was guilty. But the investigation had issues. But they are the kind of issues you only get the benefit of if rich; there was a guy who was charged with almost the exactly same crime in the same area at the same time with very similar evidence, he was serving a life sentence before O.J. has even appeared in court.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Post#12 » by Mr B » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:55 am

Harry Palmer wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr B wrote:Not everyone thinks he did it. Yea it’s worth watching, especially if you’re in to true crime. The LAPD ruined any chance they had to find him guilty if he actually was. Detective Mark Furman planted all kinds of evidence and went to prison for it.

He was guilty. But the investigation had issues. But they are the kind of issues you only get the benefit of if rich; there was a guy who was charged with almost the exactly same crime in the same area at the same time with very similar evidence, he was serving a life sentence before O.J. has even appeared in court.

Some suspect that OJ didn’t do it but did help cover it up. I’ve heard his son was a suspect too.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:54 am

Harry Palmer wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Mr B wrote:Not everyone thinks he did it. Yea it’s worth watching, especially if you’re in to true crime. The LAPD ruined any chance they had to find him guilty if he actually was. Detective Mark Furman planted all kinds of evidence and went to prison for it.

There are haters like that cop who would frame people but I guess that never happened to you and just based everything on planted evidence that you knew was done. How many people had been incarcerated wrongfully for decades? I watched that court proceeding live as it was televised and still don't know if he was guilty of murder or not but I suspect if you were part of that jury, you would have stated to the foreman and judge: "He was quilty." as you just stated.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27/1125442683/wrongful-convictions-disproportionately-affect-black-americans-report-shows
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#14 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:00 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Harry Palmer wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

There are haters like that cop who would frame people but I guess that never happened to you and just based everything on planted evidence that you knew was done. How many people had been incarcerated wrongfully for decades? I watched that court proceeding live as it was televised and still don't know if he was guilty of murder or not but I suspect if you were part of that jury, you would have stated to the foreman and judge: "He was quilty." as you just stated.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27/1125442683/wrongful-convictions-disproportionately-affect-black-americans-report-shows

The car chase wouldn't have ever happened if he were innocent. There is no reason to run. The only plausible alternative is that his son did it and he walked in on what happened and tried didn't want to turn his son in. But odds are that OJ himself did it.
Jaydubb
Rookie
And1: 351

OJ passes away 

Post#15 » by Jaydubb » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:36 pm

Dude killed it on and off the field. Great athlete terrible person.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,413

Post#16 » by DOT » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:There is no reason to run.

Police always use this for justification, and it's a dumb argument

In this case, OJ did it, but saying "there's no reason to run" is just straight up bootlicking.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,169

Post#17 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:48 pm

Let's not mention how we have some jury members themselves(at least one of them) admitting the verdict was payback for Rodney King and the history of corruption/racism in the LAPD.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#18 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:07 pm

DOT wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:There is no reason to run.

Police always use this for justification, and it's a dumb argument

In this case, OJ did it, but saying "there's no reason to run" is just straight up bootlicking.

Disagree. How often do we see police chases featuring innocent people?

They don't happen.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,413

Post#19 » by DOT » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:11 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Disagree. How often do we see police chases featuring innocent people?

They don't happen.

Tyre Nichols.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by WentzerWuver » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:14 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Harry Palmer wrote:

The car chase wouldn't have ever happened if he were innocent. There is no reason to run. The only plausible alternative is that his son did it and he walked in on what happened and tried didn't want to turn his son in. But odds are that OJ himself did it.

That would explain why the glove was too small to fit OJ. What father would willingly implicate their son for murder so he didn't stop his vehicle. Besides, it wasn't much a car chase when they were just following his car around LA, like when he stopped for traffic lights, they stopped too like he didn't commit any traffic violations either during this so called car chase.

Did this father helped his son also?

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/kristin-smart-disappearance-photos/

Return to The General NFL Board