Miles Bridges - new thoughts

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Miles Bridges - new thoughts 

Post#1 » by theBigLip » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:46 pm

I know this is a divisive topic and some of us don’t want him on the team regardless of what he could do on the court. I understand that. But now I have cooled w his on court performance. Is he the same player as he was before the suspension? I check the box scores and he doesn’t seem like a near max player that he once was thought of. If you do think we should make an offseason offer to him, what’s that offer look like? 4x$25M?
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,258

Re: Miles Bridges - new thoughts 

Post#2 » by GreekAlex » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:25 pm

I’ve completely cooled on him.

It doesn’t seem like he’s playing winning basketball.

I don’t want him for anything near the price tag he’ll command.

I struggle to see how he’d be a net positive on a winning team with a prominent role.

I’d pay him like Stew in that $15M range.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#3 » by Billl » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:51 pm

The idea that you can get him on a bargain contract isn't grounded in reality. CLT didn't take a 2 year PR hit just for fun. They are going to be offering him a substantial long term contract.

But yeah, he hasn't been nearly as good without lamelo running the offense. Still putting up raw numbers, but his efficiency is down. He's really more of a finisher than a creator. In the unlikely event we do go after him, that would be his role next to cade anyway.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#4 » by theBigLip » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:09 pm

Billl wrote:The idea that you can get him on a bargain contract isn't grounded in reality. CLT didn't take a 2 year PR hit just for fun. They are going to be offering him a substantial long term contract.

But yeah, he hasn't been nearly as good without lamelo running the offense. Still putting up raw numbers, but his efficiency is down. He's really more of a finisher than a creator. In the unlikely event we do go after him, that would be his role next to cade anyway.

I don’t think Charlotte had a lot of choices. But Bridges is a UFA so we can just pay more if we want him.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#5 » by Billl » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:25 pm

theBigLip wrote:
Billl wrote:The idea that you can get him on a bargain contract isn't grounded in reality. CLT didn't take a 2 year PR hit just for fun. They are going to be offering him a substantial long term contract.

I don’t think Charlotte had a lot of choices. But Bridges is a UFA so we can just pay more if we want him.

Well, we can offer him up to the max. But CLT can offer a higher max still. And he would have to actually pick us over them. I mean, they stood by him and he seems to put a fair amount of value on that , so unless they decide to lowball him , I think he resigns there. We would have to be outbidding them by a substantial margin. I don't think we would/should do that, but it's going to take a really big overpay to land him.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#6 » by theBigLip » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:50 pm

Billl wrote:
theBigLip wrote:

Well, we can offer him up to the max. But CLT can offer a higher max still. And he would have to actually pick us over them. I mean, they stood by him and he seems to put a fair amount of value on that , so unless they decide to lowball him , I think he resigns there. We would have to be outbidding them by a substantial margin. I don't think we would/should do that, but it's going to take a really big overpay to land him.

Agree. That’s one of the reasons I started the thread. I’m sure he could help us but he doesn’t seem to be at an AllStar level, so I hope we don’t overpay to sign him.
JennetteMcCurdy
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#7 » by JennetteMcCurdy » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:16 pm

There have to be better characters than him available…..please?
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#8 » by dVs33 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:15 am

I just don't think it's worth the risk if you can get another guy with similar production.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using RealGM mobile app
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#9 » by Mr Peanut » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 am

His stats scream high volume player on a bad team. 21 PPG on 18 shots, 35% from three on 6.5 attempts per game, TS 55%, -1.2 DPM.

Charlotte will offer him a decent long-term contract and we shouldn't be the ones to outbid them if we're hoping to try and play some semblance of winning basketball next season.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#10 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

I still would prefer him to Tobias Harris. I just think were in a bad spot in this free agent class as their really is nobody good for us to target and we have the most money. Like if a guy like Jerami Grant was on the market I would love to just lock him in on the overpay because he can 3+D and were desperate for guys that can do that.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,943

Post#11 » by Uncle Mxy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

Only if we get Tom Izzo as a coach.

(I suppose that counts as a new thought from me on this.)
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#12 » by Canadafan » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:I still would prefer him to Tobias Harris. I just think were in a bad spot in this free agent class as their really is nobody good for us to target and we have the most money. Like if a guy like Jerami Grant was on the market I would love to just lock him in on the overpay because he can 3+D and were desperate for guys that can do that.

Think Portland would want out of their cap situation by gifting him and even Brogdan to us? The 2 of them would help us alot imo
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#13 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:43 am

Canadafan wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:I still would prefer him to Tobias Harris. I just think were in a bad spot in this free agent class as their really is nobody good for us to target and we have the most money. Like if a guy like Jerami Grant was on the market I would love to just lock him in on the overpay because he can 3+D and were desperate for guys that can do that.

Think Portland would want out of their cap situation by gifting him and even Brogdan to us? The 2 of them would help us alot imo

The media reports said said they valued him highly due to being a compliment to the teams young guards and they wont give him up easy.

However, despite an initial belief from various executives around the league that Grant would become a strong trade candidate following his extension with the Blazers and after trading franchise star Damian Lillard to the Bucks, the Blazers have signaled to rival teams that they won’t part with Grant easily ahead of the deadline.

In Portland, Grant is viewed as a good locker room leader, a compliment to the team’s core of young guards on the roster, and has maintained his two-way versatility and efficient three-point shooting at a career-high clip of 41.2 percent.

https://www.blazersedge.com/2024/1/19/24044568/portland-trail-blazers-jerami-grant-trade-or-keep#:~:text=However%2C%20despite%20an%20initial%20belief,with%20Grant%20easily%20ahead%20of
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#14 » by Canadafan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:52 am

^^^^bummer

Return to Detroit Pistons