NBA Playoffs

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,697

Re: NBA Playoffs 

Post#21 » by Cowology » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:47 am

2-3 Superstars is NOT enough. In todays league you need balanced scoring that goes at least 4-5 deep. Again, look at the Lakers; LeBron has a solid game, AD does whatever he wants AND Russell played like you'd want your 3rd best player to play and they didn't crack 100.

Depth matters. Even when you are playing your key guys 38+ minutes, you still need those 4th, 5th and 6th guys to contribute. Bojan can get a bucket. And if the Knicks hang around he's gonna have a big game for them someplace.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 565

Post#22 » by LaSheed » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:01 am

Damn finally getting to watch some playoffs and we 10+ years away from this level of basketball
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#23 » by zeebneeb » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm

Cowology wrote:2-3 Superstars is NOT enough. In todays league you need balanced scoring that goes at least 4-5 deep. Again, look at the Lakers; LeBron has a solid game, AD does whatever he wants AND Russell played like you'd want your 3rd best player to play and they didn't crack 100.

Depth matters. Even when you are playing your key guys 38+ minutes, you still need those 4th, 5th and 6th guys to contribute. Bojan can get a bucket. And if the Knicks hang around he's gonna have a big game for them someplace.
Back in the saddle eh?

Glutton for punishment.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,045

Post#24 » by tmorgan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:29 pm

Cow mod? Cow mod?

What year is this? Am I 35 again?

Nope. Isht.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 480

Post#25 » by MortSahlfan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:26 pm

Am I missing something?
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,697

Post#26 » by Cowology » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:44 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:Am I missing something?
I'm no longer "retired". I seemingly couldn't stop myself from backseat moderating, so this clears that up. :lol:
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,832

Post#27 » by Snakebites » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:28 am

Celtics lose to Jimmy-less Heat.

Schadenfreude isn’t really becoming of a fan of a 14 win team.

But hey, this is a safe place right? :)
jars
Junior
And1: 30

Post#28 » by jars » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:22 am

Snakebites wrote:Celtics lose to Jimmy-less Heat.

Schadenfreude isn’t really becoming of a fan of a 14 win team.

But hey, this is a safe place right? :)

I don't like the Heat and their 'culture', but if they could somehow bounce the Celtics after I've listened to Celtics fans all season telling me that this is the best starting 5 ever assembled in the NBA, I would seriously consider buying a Heat jersey out of respect.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#29 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:16 am

What's wrong with Heat culture? They seem to be able to compete regardless if Butler/Rozier are out.. They draft a non-lottery, 4-yr guy with Jaquez and even non-drafted guys who contribute. Pistons have had 15 lottery picks out of the last 16 years and have very little to show for it.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,066

Post#30 » by bstein14 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:54 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:What's wrong with Heat culture? They seem to be able to compete regardless if Butler/Rozier are out.. They draft a non-lottery, 4-yr guy with Jaquez and even non-drafted guys who contribute. Pistons have had 15 lottery picks out of the last 16 years and have very little to show for it.

One of Weaver's biggest mistakes is gifting Killian Hayes all that playing time and all those minutes when he clearly didn't deserve it. He came in and was shell shocked from day one and yet we were benching Derek Rose for him. You're going to lose the respect of players in the lockerr room when you go out there and play bad guys that don't deserve it and it gets worse and worse year after year we watched that **** for four seasons. Choosing to pick up his 4th year $7.4 million option when he was clearly not an NBA caliber player was crazy and other guys on the team see that type of **** and they aren't happy when a guy who doesn't deserve it and sucks is getting paid more than them.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,896

Post#31 » by MotownMadness » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:09 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:What's wrong with Heat culture? They seem to be able to compete regardless if Butler/Rozier are out.. They draft a non-lottery, 4-yr guy with Jaquez and even non-drafted guys who contribute. Pistons have had 15 lottery picks out of the last 16 years and have very little to show for it.

We need to pay them to draft for us lol
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:30 pm

bstein14 wrote:

One of Weaver's biggest mistakes is gifting Killian Hayes all that playing time and all those minutes when he clearly didn't deserve it. He came in and was shell shocked from day one and yet we were benching Derek Rose for him. You're going to lose the respect of players in the lockerr room when you go out there and play bad guys that don't deserve it and it gets worse and worse year after year we watched that **** for four seasons. Choosing to pick up his 4th year $7.4 million option when he was clearly not an NBA caliber player was crazy and other guys on the team see that type of **** and they aren't happy when a guy who doesn't deserve it and sucks is getting paid more than them.

99% of Pistons fans on this board knew that.. Weaver's ego must be through the roof... But I know a lot of fans thought Weaver would be like Presti, but OKC is not only the #1 seed, up 2-0, but they have 25 draft picks remaining, and already have a stacked team.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,473

Post#33 » by Canadafan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:28 am

zeebneeb wrote:
guldakot wrote:
Cowology wrote:The end of this Knicks/Sixers game is kinda wild.

Embiid never gonna get to the conference finals heh. Crazy crazy ending.
I love it. He can take his flopping, googly eyed ass home.

Man he is gonna give me nightmares after watching him blink one eye, while the other rolled around in it's socket. Like he's possessed or something.

That explains it
Report: Embiid treated for mild case of Bell's palsy
https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2901283
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,815

Post#34 » by zeebneeb » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:34 am

Canadafan wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
guldakot wrote:Embiid never gonna get to the conference finals heh. Crazy crazy ending.
I love it. He can take his flopping, googly eyed ass home.

Man he is gonna give me nightmares after watching him blink one eye, while the other rolled around in it's socket. Like he's possessed or something.

That explains it
Report: Embiid treated for mild case of Bell's palsy
https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2901283
I am really surprised I didn't connect it in my brain. My mother in-law had a case of this a few years back.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,832

Post#35 » by Snakebites » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:54 am

Joel Embiid and Tobias Harris combine for 58 points in a Sixers win.

Of course Embiid had 50 of them.

Giving big money to Tobias Harris feels like doom. I like Tobias personally- always seemed like a good guy. But this business is about results. I still wouldn’t mind signing him, but I wouldn’t pay what he’d likely cost. I try not to think about playoff results too much, but I keep thinking “if this is what he looks like next to Embiid with all the gravity he has for an opposing defense, what is he going to do on our team as a bigger fish?”

Embiid is clearly impacted defensively by his injury- he’s just slow out there. What he’s done offensively despite visually not being 100 percent is impressive though- even haters must admit.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,354

Post#36 » by buzzkilloton » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 am

Seeing Tobias playing awful going for 7,10,and 8 points hopefully is enough to deter the FO and Gores for being interested.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#37 » by MortSahlfan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:15 am

I wish TNT wouldn't post the game score (top right hand corner of screen) for other games, but not so bad considering it was 106-66 at one point. I didn't notice Joel, but I've been FFing until the end. Diangelo Russell has another ofer...

If Tobias can't do better with Embiid, what the hell is he going to do here? Why would he come here anyway?

Kenny lost again :)
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,896

Post#38 » by MotownMadness » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:26 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:Seeing Tobias playing awful going for 7,10,and 8 points hopefully is enough to deter the FO and Gores for being interested.

Probably thinking "Now he's attainable"
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Post#39 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 pm

Tobias has looked terrible this season, yeah. I wouldn't start him over Fontecchio.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by MortSahlfan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:37 pm

First time watching Sheppard (Pacers), but for a guy who hardly played, he's been really good on both ends of the floor so far.

Return to Detroit Pistons