ImageImageImage

NBA Draft 2024 (For the Record)

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,308

NBA Draft 2024 (For the Record) 

Post#1 » by GreekAlex » Mon May 20, 2024 12:35 am

I wanted to start a fun thread where all posters can go on record so we can easily refer to this in the future.

Please place potential draft picks into 3 categories: Positive, Negative & Neutral.

Feel free to put your positive ranked players in numerical order like your “Big Board”.

I’ll go first:

Positive:
Sarr
Zaccharie Risacher
Reed Sheppard
Ron Holland
Cody Williams

Negative:
Dalton Knecht
Donovan Clingan
Nikola Topić

Neutral:
Rob Dillingham
Stephon Castle
Matas Buzelis

Once the draft is over, we can do this same exercise with Free Agency.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,232

Re: NBA Draft 2024 (For the Record) 

Post#2 » by bstein14 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:44 am

This is the least I've cared about the potential picks... feeling like a trade is likely or we won't get it right anyways. I've watched some Reed Sheppard and Cody Williams but beyond those two I really have no idea about anyone besides Castle who seemingly played a big role for UConn to win it all but really isn't a shooting guard or a point guard so hard to see us taking a combo guard who doesn't shoot well or create well for others at #5 even if he does a lot of other stuff well.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,093

Post#3 » by joedumars1 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:57 pm

Sarr greatness awaits. On record, just don’t go look at what I said about kcp, or Dre or Stanley Johnson lmfao.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,378

Post#4 » by Spider156 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:12 pm

joedumars1 wrote:Sarr greatness awaits. On record, just don’t go look at what I said about kcp, or Dre or Stanley Johnson lmfao.

For me at one point I thought Daye was gonna be like Durant but he never made his shots and even spurs bailed out on him. Dre Howard but I still like Dre more than Duren. I’m not impressed with Duren at all and I think he’s the most valuable player we have now that we can trade other than Cade and Stewart. Duren is fool’s gold, the man can’t dribble, can’t post, weak hook shot, no defensive awareness. Sure he will get better but is he willing to shoot? He’s a nonshooter and will take 2-3 more years to learn NBA defense. We need a better guy like Poetl that’s ready now. Toronto should be willing to give up their paid starting center for a young prospect like Duren that’s a good trade for them. These are the moves that will take us further down the road. I’d overpay Valanciunas is what I would do.
Defense wins championships
Sheeeeed
Starter
And1: 248

Post#5 » by Sheeeeed » Mon May 20, 2024 10:23 pm

This draft has 2013 vibes.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,093

Post#6 » by joedumars1 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:52 pm

Spider156 wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:Sarr greatness awaits. On record, just don’t go look at what I said about kcp, or Dre or Stanley Johnson lmfao.

For me at one point I thought Daye was gonna be like Durant but he never made his shots and even spurs bailed out on him. Dre Howard but I still like Dre more than Duren. I’m not impressed with Duren at all and I think he’s the most valuable player we have now that we can trade other than Cade and Stewart. Duren is fool’s gold, the man can’t dribble, can’t post, weak hook shot, no defensive awareness. Sure he will get better but is he willing to shoot? He’s a nonshooter and will take 2-3 more years to learn NBA defense. We need a better guy like Poetl that’s ready now. Toronto should be willing to give up their paid starting center for a young prospect like Duren that’s a good trade for them. These are the moves that will take us further down the road. I’d overpay Valanciunas is what I would do.

I liked date also, but never got to high cause henseem d to get hurt a
LotYoung Dre over duren intersting. Could see dte ball hog ways early. I admit I don’t watch the team nearly as much these days. For our Sake hopefully he is a badass, but if we move him that fine. I just want to see improvement and growth, idc how
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,308

Post#7 » by GreekAlex » Mon May 20, 2024 11:03 pm

Sheeeeed wrote:This draft has 2013 vibes.

Let’s hope we find our “Giannis in the haystack”.

Looking back over that draft, there wasn’t much there outside of Giannis & CJ McCollum and a handful of role players.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,402

Post#8 » by flow » Tue May 21, 2024 4:29 pm

The thread title works, so I'll put this post here.

The draft is June 26-27.

That's right, the draft is being stretched over two days this year. Drips of cringy desperation to follow the nfl. But there are only two rounds to the nba draft to begin with, and no one (relatively) pays any attention to even the late 1st round, much less the 2nd round. And of all years to try this, there's virtually no interest in this year's draft. Can't wait to see the day 2 ratings.

theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,954

Post#9 » by theBigLip » Tue May 21, 2024 4:42 pm

flow wrote:The thread title works, so I'll put this post here.

The draft is June 26-27.

That's right, the draft is being stretched over two days this year. Drips of cringy desperation to follow the nfl. But there are only two rounds to the nba draft to begin with, and no one (relatively) pays any attention to even the late 1st round, much less the 2nd round. And of all years to try this, there's virtually no interest in this year's draft. Can't wait to see the day 2 ratings.

Totally agree. I usually make it through the first round but not the second.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,257

Post#10 » by Snakebites » Tue May 21, 2024 5:41 pm

theBigLip wrote:
flow wrote:The thread title works, so I'll put this post here.

The draft is June 26-27.

Totally agree. I usually make it through the first round but not the second.

I will usually stick around for the early second if the Pistons have their own second rounder.

There are good players taken in the second almost every year, but it’s impossible to know which they will be.

Jokic was infamously selected during a commercial.
Kalamazoo317
Analyst
And1: 1,490

Post#11 » by Kalamazoo317 » Wed May 22, 2024 5:21 pm

If Weaver's no longer in charge by draft day, we can probably safely tune out after pick 5.
Kalamazoo317
Analyst
And1: 1,490

Post#12 » by Kalamazoo317 » Wed May 22, 2024 5:27 pm

My Pistons Big Board
1. Sarr
2. Knecht
3. Sheppard
4. Risacher
5. Buzelis
6. Ja'Kobe Walter