Number 5(yup)
59%

Total votes: 44

Neptune
Veteran
And1: 1,279

Re: It's time! Ping-pong balls of doom. Sunday May 12th 3pm 

Post#101 » by Neptune » Sun May 12, 2024 7:37 pm

bjones521 wrote:Im happy we got the 5th pick. Reed should be there if we keep the pick

Who's Reed? And position does he play?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,149

Post#102 » by Snakebites » Sun May 12, 2024 7:37 pm

BDM22 wrote:Houston and the Spurs jumping us also means Sheppard is almost certainly gone. He fits too well there. It's gonna be someone like Matas left, who is more like a #15 pick type of guy. A Sekou Doumbouya / Henry Ellenson range pick.

Probably best not to try and predict stuff like this.
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,312

Post#103 » by NYPiston » Sun May 12, 2024 7:38 pm

Screw this league straight to hell. What a bunch of trash, I'm sick of this ****. All this suffering for 4 straight #5 picks, **** off.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,975

Post#104 » by MotownMadness » Sun May 12, 2024 7:38 pm

Cowology wrote:OK, serious question... who here is STILL on the "Tank for Flagg" bandwagon?? I'm not saying to go out and trade for LaVine, but we have been PUNISHED for tanking 3 yrs in a row. We are at the literal definition of insanity.

So what is the plan to WIN games next season? ****.

I wouldn't intentionally tank anymore but we're still gonna be in the top 8 or so and crapping our pants on lottery night
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 609

Post#105 » by LaSheed » Sun May 12, 2024 7:38 pm

A_dub06 wrote:This is becoming a serious issue, they need to revert the changes to the draft lottery odds, flattening them was the dumbest thing on the first place. Tanking was not much worse than what it is now, such an aggressive move that penalises the worst teams harshly like us dropping to 5th 5 years in a row is not fair and makes it much harder to get better without getting a chance at a top player.

Completely disagree. I love that the NBA fixed the lottery. Wanna get better? Get people in here that know how to do their jobs.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,391

Post#106 » by flow » Sun May 12, 2024 7:39 pm

Cowology wrote:OK, serious question... who here is STILL on the "Tank for Flagg" bandwagon?? I'm not saying to go out and trade for LaVine, but we have been PUNISHED for tanking 3 yrs in a row. We are at the literal definition of insanity.

We're the worst team in the league. We accomplished that this season, comfortably, without tanking at all. It's a moot issue.

A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#107 » by A_dub06 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:39 pm

I’m on the tank bandwagon still. This is BS but I don’t see it as a rigged outcome with us dropping 3 years in a row or superstition. It’s just a mathematical outcome and with the flattened odds the chances of dropping are much greater. Hopefully the league notices our terrible luck and take note that the changes in the odds actually cause more harm than good.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#108 » by Snakebites » Sun May 12, 2024 7:40 pm

flow wrote:

We're the worst team in the league. We accomplished that this season, comfortably, without tanking at all. It's a moot issue.

We tanked.

We made no serious attempt to improve the roster last offseason.

The lottery is a crapshoot by design. There’s no conspiracy- tanking just isn’t a viable strategy anymore. We can make major strides next season without killing lottery odds.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,391

Post#109 » by flow » Sun May 12, 2024 7:42 pm

Snakebites wrote:
flow wrote:

We tanked.

The lottery is a crapshoot by design. There’s no conspiracy- tanking just isn’t a viable strategy anymore. We can make major strides next season without killing lottery odds.

That wasn't tanking. No one tanked for this draft. That was our GM making dumb decisions.

We are the worst team with the worst GM because we are the worst team with the worst GM.

bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 394

Post#110 » by bjones521 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:42 pm

BDM22 wrote:Houston and the Spurs jumping us also means Sheppard is almost certainly gone. He fits too well there. It's gonna be someone like Matas left, who is more like a #15 pick type of guy. A Sekou Doumbouya / Henry Ellenson range pick.

I see the opposite. Hou has Amen, Whitemore, Brooks and Green already that plays the 2/3. But this draft is a crapshoot so who really knows. Lol
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,253

Post#111 » by thesack12 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:43 pm

Neptune wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Neptune wrote:Just trade the damn pick plus a player and stop this losing. We’ll never get the 1st overall pick. I'm so done with the NBA

Detroit got #1 in 2021.

Yeah for a guy that's always injured and our leading scorer+ball handler resulting in 14 wins last season

People's opinion on Cade aside, saying Detroit will never get the 1st overall pick which insinuates the NBA is conspiring against the Pistons is just an emotional response, and not based in reality.

It was basically a 50/50 chance the Pistons got the #5 pick. #5 was far the most likely outcome.

I get it Pistons fans are sick of the team being terrible, but shenanigans or conspiracies aren't the reasons why the team sucks.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#112 » by The Penguin » Sun May 12, 2024 7:43 pm

Send this team to Seattle. It’s clear the league or karma has no interest in basketball succeeding in Detroit.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,201

Post#113 » by bstein14 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:45 pm

Call 555-TROY for all your restoration needs!

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#114 » by Snakebites » Sun May 12, 2024 7:50 pm

flow wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
flow wrote:

We tanked.

That wasn't tanking. No one tanked for this draft. That was our GM making dumb decisions.

We are the worst team with the worst GM because we are the worst team with the worst GM.

We could have gotten better players than Joe Harris if we’d committed actual money. We didn’t.

Maybe we didn’t tank for the draft but we made all the moves you make when you aren’t looking to win.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,435

Post#115 » by BDM22 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:50 pm

Snakebites wrote:

What's this place for if not to speculate lol
Neptune
Veteran

Post#116 » by Neptune » Sun May 12, 2024 7:51 pm

thesack12 wrote:
Neptune wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Detroit got #1 in 2021.

Yeah for a guy that's always injured and our leading scorer+ball handler resulting in 14 wins last season

People's opinion on Cade aside, saying Detroit will never get the 1st overall pick which insinuates the NBA is conspiring against the Pistons is just an emotional response, and not based in reality.

It was basically a 50/50 chance the Pistons got the #5 pick. #5 was far the most likely outcome.

I get it Pistons fans are sick of the team being terrible, but shenanigans or conspiracies aren't the reasons why the team sucks.

I'm not upset or think its a conspiracy we got the 5th pick. I'm just lost at the odds of us getting the 5th pick two years in a row.

I'm on the side of the aisle that think we should trade the pick for Ingram anyway. If we got the 1st overall pick I think we be overvaluing an offer for Ingram. But the 5th pick in this draft for Ingram is perfect value.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#117 » by Snakebites » Sun May 12, 2024 7:52 pm

BDM22 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

What's this place for if not to speculate lol

Speculate sure.

But “almost certainly” does a bit more than that, right?

Spurs likely get a two man partner for Wemby IMO. Rockets I dunno.
Neptune
Veteran

Post#118 » by Neptune » Sun May 12, 2024 7:52 pm

The Penguin wrote:Send this team to Seattle. It’s clear the league or karma has no interest in basketball succeeding in Detroit.

Naw, send them to Vegas!
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,975

Post#119 » by MotownMadness » Sun May 12, 2024 7:52 pm

Yeah trade it for Ingram
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,312

Post#120 » by NYPiston » Sun May 12, 2024 7:57 pm

thesack12 wrote:

I usually don't jump on the conspiracy bandwagon but when the Spurs "conveniently" land Wembanyama it really makes one think that conspiracies are possible. Everybody knew the Spurs would get him because it was the perfect fit for him and league and lo and behold it actually happened.

Return to Detroit Pistons