BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,455

Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#2361 » by BDM22 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:19 am

DetroitDon15 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
DetroitDon15 wrote:
I’d trade Ivey or Thompson to Atlanta for Murray. Maybe Ansur or Ivey plus Stewart. I dunno if ATL bites. Maybe move Stewart to a third team for a pick? I’d definite do Ansur or Ivey (maybe Ivey as Murray/Cade take a lot of minutes) and a pick from a third team (OKC) for Murray? Just thoughts. I agree that we need to look at other options than keeping a 6 win young core together.

Our core 4 is young dont worry about it. Dont mind the 6 wins it has nothing to do with talent and fit on a basketball court.

100% agree with you I've been beating the Murray drum for awhile.

Yeah I like the idea of Murray, BB, Cade and Jalen as part of our starting four plus a stretch four to add more shooting. That group would have more than 6 wins.

Well, spoiler alert, Buzz is also including Duren and Bojan in those deals for Murray on top of Ivey so you're gonna need to add a whole lot more than just shooting lol.
Pandev
Sophomore
And1: 111

Post#2362 » by Pandev » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:21 am

What we're getting at is yes these guys are young, but you've got to keep your finger on the pulse and watch their progress, at some stage their upside is going to flip with forth coming restricted free agency and the contract $$$ attached to them.

You then lose your optionality and asset value.

Then their trade value goes down as teams see the holes in their game and aren't willing to punt on their future upside 'potential'. You're back to square one again with another draft.

Just saying. Lets not fall in love with potential. Lets upgrade were we can find value
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#2363 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:24 am

Piston Pete wrote:I still maintain we should trade Ausar while he still has positive value.

Swap him out for a 3 or 4 who can shoot and better fit next to Cade/Ivey

One of Duren or Ausar should be moved while value is still high. To me Ausars archetypes ceiling case is very valuable but obv only hits a low % of the time. I love Duren but centers are really the easiest thing to find. Hell look at the draft we took him in the two centers drafted after him M.Williams and W.Kessler may end up being the more valuable players time will tell.

Ivey you have the fit with Cade questions AND the fact our vastly overpaid but going to be here like 3 year head coach doesnt even like him.

Troy Weaver just isnt the man to get the job we need done here. Hes just too obsessed with non shooting and holding onto his draft picks way to long. Hell even guys he had high scouting grades on that sees suck with hindsight like Wiseman and Bagley he chases later on.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#2364 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:28 am

BDM22 wrote:
DetroitDon15 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
Our core 4 is young dont worry about it. Dont mind the 6 wins it has nothing to do with talent and fit on a basketball court.

100% agree with you I've been beating the Murray drum for awhile.

Yeah I like the idea of Murray, BB, Cade and Jalen as part of our starting four plus a stretch four to add more shooting. That group would have more than 6 wins.

Well, spoiler alert, Buzz is also including Duren and Bojan in those deals for Murray on top of Ivey so you're gonna need to add a whole lot more than just shooting lol.

First off thats not my starter offer whatsoever. I would sit at the table and try to get away with less I'm not sure of what the exact price will. I've stated more then once I would prefer to trade our pick in the draft and it might be we get info nobody has met Atls offer and we can simply wait until draft day and trade.

That said if I need to back up the truck to get my guy and beat out a sharp like Danny Ainge I'd do it. BB+Duren+Ivey for AJ Griffin and Murray. I'm not going to just sit on Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe when I can get guys that will help everyone hit a higher ceiling by not being a 6-43 ill fitting roster.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#2365 » by DetroitSho » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:36 am

Pandev wrote:Core 4 ?? Its a 6 win team. If you get the chance to trade those guys for a top 15 player you better take it.

No one should be untouchable on this team for the right player in return
Top 15 player? Am I missing something here? What top 15 player is available for any of our assets?

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
BDM22
RealGM

Post#2366 » by BDM22 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:38 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
BDM22 wrote:
DetroitDon15 wrote:

First off thats not my starter offer whatsoever. I would sit at the table and try to get away with less I'm not sure of what the exact price will. I've stated more then once I would prefer to trade our pick in the draft and it might be we get info nobody has met Atls offer and we can simply wait until draft day and trade.

That said if I need to back up the truck to get my guy and beat out a sharp like Danny Ainge I'd do it. BB+Duren+Ivey for AJ Griffin and Murray. I'm not going to just sit on Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe when I can get guys that will help everyone hit a higher ceiling by not being a 6-43 ill fitting roster.

Ainge is stingy, man. That's his whole MO. He's looking to pounce on a bargain, buy low, not get in a bidding war for Dejounte Murray. I'd be curious to know what the rumored offer was. I bet it was like Sexton and a couple of the late 1sts they own in this draft.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,253

Post#2367 » by thesack12 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:48 am

Canadafan wrote:
BDM22 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I wouldn't doubt that every team that inquires on Pistons players are making absurdly low offers thus I wouldn't blame the team for not making any deals or only making small trades. If it comes down to (2) 2nds for Bojan or Burks, I would rather keep them.

Yeah, I'll never understand the "make a trade to make a trade" crowd. I don't care what the record is. A bad trade is a bad trade if you're 6-43 or 43-6.

Ya I want no part of dealing our vets for draft picks.
In fact, I pretty much want to keep young "core4" Sasser Stew and Morris/Burks/Bojan and hope a miracle happens where we turn Hayes and/or Wiseman and/or Harris into our 10th rotation player
Preferably a starter but I'm not picky.

That stance would be an example of bad asset management. But, hey at least its very on brand. The Detroit Pistons do enjoy mismanaging assets.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#2368 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:51 am

BDM22 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
BDM22 wrote:Well, spoiler alert, Buzz is also including Duren and Bojan in those deals for Murray on top of Ivey so you're gonna need to add a whole lot more than just shooting lol.

Ainge is stingy, man. That's his whole MO. He's looking to pounce on a bargain, buy low, not get in a bidding war for Dejounte Murray. I'd be curious to know what the rumored offer was. I bet it was like Sexton and a couple of the late 1sts they own in this draft.

Yup Ainge rarely gives up more then he loses in a trade. That said he has an absurd amount of assets he needs to consolidate. I believe he has picked up last I heard 15 extra first rounders through 2029. They have ton of guys to consolidate into a better players THT,Clarkson,Collins,Kelly O, and MAYBE Sexton that could be interesting guys to move in 3-4 team deals or back to Atl. Clearly not moving Kessler,Lauri or Agbaji anywhere. Maybe one of Hendricks or K.George(word is their very high on him though).

Its just a ton of stuff to move. They can easily make a strong offer for Murray and still pull off the best offer for whoever the next big trade target is thats coming. Murray is on a great contract which is what makes him very enticing to a team like the Jazz who'll be going for another bigger fish in the coming years.
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#2369 » by DetroitSho » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:29 am

bstein14 wrote:The Mavs are reportedly considering moving on from Grant Williams, who they did a unprotected 2030 pick swap for in order to get him signed and traded this season.

Not sure if we would have any interest in him or not but I'm fairly certain they would consider moving him for Burks... and 100% certain they'd move him for Bojan.
Took all of a half season for the "$70 million man".

LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 609

Post#2370 » by LaSheed » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:32 am

Best thing for us is to put a muzzle on Weaver and lock him in a closet until Thursday night.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,206

Post#2371 » by bstein14 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:51 am

DetroitSho wrote:
bstein14 wrote:The Mavs are reportedly considering moving on from Grant Williams, who they did a unprotected 2030 pick swap for in order to get him signed and traded this season.

Not sure if we would have any interest in him or not but I'm fairly certain they would consider moving him for Burks... and 100% certain they'd move him for Bojan.

After this season he essentially has 3 years $40 million on the books ($13 million per) which is a better use of money than $12.5 million Bagley or Wiseman... At least he's proven to be a solid defender and 8th or 9th man on playoff teams.

Stew - Ausar - Williams - Burks - Sasser actually could be a really good bench for us lots of scoring in the back court and good defense up front one of the best benches it the league if we kept Burks and added Williams (and move Stew from the SL to bench).
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#2372 » by DetroitSho » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:00 am

bstein14 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:

After this season he essentially has 3 years $40 million on the books ($13 million per) which is a better use of money than $12.5 million Bagley or Wiseman... At least he's proven to be a solid defender and 8th or 9th man on playoff teams.

Stew - Ausar - Williams - Burks - Sasser actually could be a really good bench for us lots of scoring in the back court and good defense up front one of the best benches it the league if we kept Burks and added Williams (and move Stew from the SL to bench).
While that may or may not be true. I was poking fun at people crazy enough to be willing to pay him $70 million last off-season.

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,361

Post#2373 » by vege » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:14 am

bstein14 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:

Muscala for the minimum would do just fine instead of Grant Williams in that 2nd unit
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,304

Post#2374 » by GreekAlex » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:20 am

vege wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:Took all of a half season for the "$70 million man".

Muscala for the minimum would do just fine instead of Grant Williams in that 2nd unit

Say it ain’t so. Weren’t you the #1 Grant Williams cheerleader?

I want nothing to do with Williams for the record.
BDM22
RealGM

Post#2375 » by BDM22 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:36 am

GreekAlex wrote:
vege wrote:
bstein14 wrote:

Say it ain’t so. Weren’t you the #1 Grant Williams cheerleader?

I want nothing to do with Williams for the record.

I must admit that I started to draft a post in another thread with a couple of names of people that were particularly upset that we didn't beat the Mavs' offer of 1st round swap and 2nds for the right to overpay Grant Williams and decided not to post it :lol:
thesack12
RealGM

Post#2376 » by thesack12 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:50 am

Yeah, I never got the Grant Williams desire. I also never got the Deandre Ayton desire, or Jerami Grant desire which somehow still manages to live on.
BDM22
RealGM

Post#2377 » by BDM22 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:06 am

Pandev wrote:Ok to make my point would you trade Cade to Nets for Bridges and other assets (I would as Cade is going to be asking for a $200m extension soon and we haven't moved the needle)

Would you trade Ivey or Ausar to Atlanta for Murray value contract (I would if it was straight up)

At the end of the day, all of the "CORE 4" are going to want to get paid big money and they haven't shown us any sort of ability to impact winning yet. Or their upside starts to diminish, their warts become more pronounced and they become less valuable ie Killian, Stanley Johnson, Saddiq. And that's a major problem.

So you either pay big money to guys putting up numbers on a bad team that are who they are, or you find players on value deals that are further advanced. Otherwise you're just letting an asset go to waste and getting very little return.

I've been saying if you're opening the Pandora's box of trading Cade that Lauri is the target, but that's a touchy subject around here lol. Lauri is closer to a true #1 option than Bridges by a lot IMO. Bridges is great but a #2 or #3 if you want his top tier defense and efficiency to return. Lauri also makes Duren and Ausar more viable on the same roster being one of the best stretch forwards in the game. Gives Ivey and Ausar more ability to reach their max potential as on-ball players in the long run.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,528

Post#2378 » by Canadafan » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:11 am

thesack12 wrote:
Canadafan wrote:
BDM22 wrote:Yeah, I'll never understand the "make a trade to make a trade" crowd. I don't care what the record is. A bad trade is a bad trade if you're 6-43 or 43-6.

In fact, I pretty much want to keep young "core4" Sasser Stew and Morris/Burks/Bojan and hope a miracle happens where we turn Hayes and/or Wiseman and/or Harris into our 10th rotation player

That stance would be an example of bad asset management. But, hey at least its very on brand. The Detroit Pistons do enjoy mismanaging assets.

Feels pointless to trade Bojan for a late 1st or Burks for a 2nd. Which is what they'd likely get. For the sake of our youth and development you need those guys around. Bojan has helped open things up for Cade since his return. Morris should help us remainder of the year to be that steady vet mentor that our guards need. Burks I could handle moving now if we believe he won't re-sign with us. And to open minutes for Sasser.
I dunno, just don't see how trading them outweighs keeping them. Hayes Harris Wiseman. Focus on dumping those 3
BDM22
RealGM

Post#2379 » by BDM22 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:20 am

Canadafan wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

Feels pointless to trade Bojan for a late 1st or Burks for a 2nd. Which is what they'd likely get. For the sake of our youth and development you need those guys around. Bojan has helped open things up for Cade since his return. Morris should help us remainder of the year to be that steady vet mentor that our guards need. Burks I could handle moving now if we believe he won't re-sign with us. And to open minutes for Sasser.
I dunno, just don't see how trading them outweighs keeping them. Hayes Harris Wiseman. Focus on dumping those 3

I'd take the 1st for Bojan at this point. Let Gallo come in and be a poor man's Bojan for the last 33 games of the year. Bojan deserves a playoff run with some team that can hide him defensively in a way that we can't.

Let the 1st help out in a trade to build the roster out in the offseason.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#2380 » by thesack12 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:23 am

Canadafan wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

I think you are way over-valuing the effect those vets are providing.

First the mantra was just gotta get Bojan and Burks back and Detroit will be good. Then after they came back and nothing really changed it shifted to, just gotta get Morris back and they'll be better. Morris is been pretty awful since he came back.

The pistons were and remain a terrible team with or without the current crop of vets in the lineup. Letting those vets contracts expire, when you had the chance to get an asset does nothing to further the progress our improve the long term outlook of the team.

As for Bojan specifically, I still think he's being way over-valued. Danny Ainge hung a for sale sign around his neck for the entire 2022 offseason and found nobody willing to give value for him. He then just traded to him to Detroit in order to get a guy that he had a lot of familiarity with in Kelly Olynyk. While Bojan has put up good numbers since then, he's been doing it on a historically bad team while having the luxury of a neon green light, and he's still a massive liability on the defensive end. He's also in his mid 30's now

Return to Detroit Pistons