ImageImageImage

Monty's done experimenting

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

Sort
Rookie
And1: 448

Re: Monty's done experimenting 

Post#41 » by Sort » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:22 pm

Former coach Casey stuck to roles and expectations almost to a fault. Somebody could be on fire, but if his pre-game rotations and roles went counter to that person getting an extra run, then they sat.

Casey now looks like a genuine coaching genius in contrast to Williams. He's never been able to lockdown his rotations - that's an old problem along the way. A lot of NBA experts have always argued - even in his days of success - he is one of the worst coaches in the league.

His rotations are undisciplined and illogical and self-damaging. Gores wanted a proven vet over OIlie - a decision that in itself may not be as much as fault as whom he wanted over Ollie. I don't know Monty is at practice or how well he does all the little things. Nor have I been able to stomach enough Piston airtime to even conclude how well he calls plays out of timeouts.

But from a casual fan checking in on the Pistons, he may not be the root cause of failure - I still think that is Weaver and continue to be flabbergasted he has a job - but it has become evident to even me Pistons need a new GM and coach.

Gores took a gamble on a big investment. He is a person who should understand sunk costs.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#42 » by Piston Pete » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:47 pm

Monty sits on a throne of lies!!
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,744

Post#43 » by Cowology » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:32 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Monty sits on a throne of lies!!
This board is so dramatic! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,717

Post#44 » by Invictus88 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:41 pm

I honestly think at this point if the title is true then it means he has been fired. That's the only way it would be.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,612

Post#45 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:25 pm

Cowology wrote:

This happens on every single board on RealGM.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#46 » by Crymson » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:29 pm

Cowology wrote:

Whether or not this is what he meant, I don't think there's any denying that Monty has been remarkably dishonest and sleazy with the media. Whenever called to account for his endless array of utterly bewildering coaching decisions, he's almost invariably responded by telling highly transparent lies.

He's also been incompetent to a dumbfounding degree, but that's been covered here already.

Return to Detroit Pistons