yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Monroe to Toronto Idea

Moderators: r0cd0gg, theBigLip, Snakebites

Post#1 Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sat Jul 6, 2013 11:12 pm by Piston Pete

TO TORONTO:
PF/C Greg Monroe
PF Charlie Villanueva (expiring)
PG/SG Rodney Stuckey (expiring)
SF/PF Jonas Jerebko
SF Kyle Singler

Why? Toronto cuts future cap at the same time as taking on Monroe - the best player in the deal.



TO DETROIT:
SF Rudy Gay
PG Kyle Lowry (expiring)
SG/SF Terrence Ross

With getting JSmoove, Detroit needs to upgrade at SF - Gay.

Knight / Lowry / Siva
KCP / Ross / English
Gay / Middleton
Smith / Mitchell
Drummond / Kravtsov

-- we will need to go after at least 1 big man to come off our bench. Kaman/Dalembert/Brandon Wright
Piston Pete
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 15,596
And1: 183
Joined: Feb 6, 2002
Location: Way out in left field
Top

Post#2 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sat Jul 6, 2013 11:15 pm by scrop32

Piston Pete wrote:TO TORONTO:
PF/C Greg Monroe
PF Charlie Villanueva (expiring)
PG/SG Rodney Stuckey (expiring)
SF/PF Jonas Jerebko
SF Kyle Singler

Why? Toronto cuts future cap at the same time as taking on Monroe - the best player in the deal.



TO DETROIT:
SF Rudy Gay
PG Kyle Lowry (expiring)
SG/SF Terrence Ross

With getting JSmoove, Detroit needs to upgrade at SF - Gay.

Knight / Lowry / Siva
KCP / Ross / English
Gay / Middleton
Smith / Mitchell
Drummond / Kravtsov

-- we will need to go after at least 1 big man to come off our bench. Kaman/Dalembert/Brandon Wright


yeah then trade drummond for mcgee, sign monta and iverson BOOM!
DYNASTY BABY

knight/iverson - monta - gay - smith - mcgee :lol:
scrop32

Junior
User avatar
Posts: 457
And1: 26
Joined: Jan 29, 2012
Top

Post#3 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sat Jul 6, 2013 11:17 pm by HotelVitale

This leaves us with no one who scores or uses possessions at above-average efficiency. Right now Monroe was the only advanced-stat bright spot on the team. We're not in a position to trade high efficiency for low.
HotelVitale
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,451
And1: 185
Joined: Sep 14, 2007
Location: Pokhara, Nepal
Top

Post#4 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sat Jul 6, 2013 11:19 pm by DetroitPistons

.................................
http://www.youtube.com/user/drcraigvideos
reasonablefaith.org - creationwiki.org
intelligentdesign.org - icr.org
answersingenesis.org - tektonics.org
drdino.com - evolutionfairytale.com
DetroitPistons
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,024
And1: 286
Joined: Apr 18, 2010
Location: Michigan
Top

Post#5 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sat Jul 6, 2013 11:30 pm by ImHeisenberg

I'd post the Michael Scott "NOOOO" gif, but I think you get the idea.

If you trade Monroe, you bring back a franchise player or a guaranteed top 2 pick in the 2014 draft. Nothing less.
ImHeisenberg

Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,946
And1: 1,091
Joined: Apr 1, 2013
Top

Post#6 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sat Jul 6, 2013 11:32 pm by Piston Pete

ImHeisenberg wrote:I'd post the Michael Scott "NOOOO" gif, but I think you get the idea.

If you trade Monroe, you bring back a franchise player or a guaranteed top 2 pick in the 2014 draft. Nothing less.


I think some of us are over-valuing Monroe a bit.

It seems doubtful we get a high lottery pick in next season's draft (GOAT draft?) with Monroe.
Piston Pete
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 15,596
And1: 183
Joined: Feb 6, 2002
Location: Way out in left field
Top

Post#7 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sat Jul 6, 2013 11:33 pm by rock digger

ImHeisenberg wrote:I'd post the Michael Scott "NOOOO" gif, but I think you get the idea.

If you trade Monroe, you bring back a franchise player or a guaranteed top 2 pick in the 2014 draft. Nothing less.


This is a bit of a stretch if I say so myself.
rock digger
Junior
Posts: 328
And1: 54
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
Top

Post#8 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sat Jul 6, 2013 11:39 pm by ImHeisenberg

Piston Pete wrote:
I think some of us are over-valuing Monroe a bit.

It seems doubtful we get a high lottery pick in next season's draft (GOAT draft?) with Monroe.


What's being over valued here? He's a 22 year old 6'11 PF/C that averaged 15 and 9 last season, and still hasn't developed a jump shot. He's a high character guy, and will be a RFA next season, which gives the team owning his rights immense leverage to retain him.

I'm not saying he's worth LeBron, Durant or Rose (pre-injury). I may have been overstating there. But, it wouldn't be wise to move him for the wildly overpaid and inefficient Rudy Gay and Lowry's expiring contract. They can do better if they want to trade him.
ImHeisenberg

Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,946
And1: 1,091
Joined: Apr 1, 2013
Top

Post#9 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sat Jul 6, 2013 11:44 pm by bennett13

Should try and work a 3 team deal with BOS and TOR

Pistons in
Rondo
Gay
Bass

Out
Monroe
BK
Stucky
CV

BOS in
Monroe

Lowery
CV

Out
Rondo
Green
Bass

TOR in
Green
BK
Stucky

Out

Gay
Lowery

Both BOS and TOR get out of huge contracts and get expiring deals plus young talent while tanking for the summer of 14. Of course DET makes out in this trade in terms of immediate talent but the other teams fill all gaps they would want Young talent and cash saving.

Did not check the trade checker just kinda came up with it on a lim.
bennett13
Junior
Posts: 305
And1: 10
Joined: Jul 1, 2013
Top

Post#10 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sat Jul 6, 2013 11:47 pm by rock digger

The thing that prevents Monroe from ever becoming someone worth a great deal is his general lack of defense. When was the last time any big man led team won the title when the big man couldn't anchor the defense? There are a ton of Al Jeffersons who are good players in their own right, but aren't untouchable like you are making Monroe out to be. I mean you look at a player like Blake Griffin who posts outrageous stats with insane athleticism and has been working on his jumpshot in the past few years. You would assume that all this combined with time would make him a better defender and jump shooter, but he really isn't, and I'm certain no one is confident in his ability to lead a team to a championship. Monroe is basically in the same boat, only he doesn't have that athleticism that would lead you to believe that he might become a good defender.

Of course, I agree with you that Monroe isn't being correctly represented in terms of value in this deal, but lets not try to act as though this is an insulting offer.
rock digger
Junior
Posts: 328
And1: 54
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
Top

Post#11 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sun Jul 7, 2013 1:54 am by BCfortheWin

You guys are seriously overrating Monroe. His upside isnt as high as you all think. Plus Toronto would never make that proposed trade by the OP.

Gay and Lowry (not including Ross) for Monroe, CV and Stuckey would get it done tho!
BCfortheWin



Veteran
Posts: 2,509
And1: 337
Joined: Aug 15, 2002
Top

Post#12 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sun Jul 7, 2013 1:56 am by Mr. Krabs

BCfortheWin wrote:You guys are seriously overrating Monroe. His upside isnt as high as you all think. Plus Toronto would never make that proposed trade by the OP.

Gay and Lowry (not including Ross) for Monroe, CV and Stuckey would get it done tho!

I'd rather have Singler than Ross so that's nice :)
Mr. Krabs
Bench Warmer
User avatar
Posts: 1,270
And1: 83
Joined: Feb 24, 2008
Top

Post#13 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sun Jul 7, 2013 1:59 am by ComboGuardCity

BCfortheWin wrote:You guys are seriously overrating Monroe. His upside isnt as high as you all think. Plus Toronto would never make that proposed trade by the OP.

Gay and Lowry (not including Ross) for Monroe, CV and Stuckey would get it done tho!

Monroe is better than Val. Would you trade Val for an overpaid wing and point guard? Didn't think so.
"Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time" #MoveSmoove
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 20,153
And1: 1,759
Joined: Jul 9, 2010
Location: I bet against Kemba Walker and lost
Top

Post#14 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sun Jul 7, 2013 2:01 am by SAKURABA216

The least I will trade Monroe for is either:
Rondo and Green or;
DeRozan and Gay

other than that I would rather just see how well our team plays out. We still have cap room and can also amnesty CV and trade Stuckey for more. Hopefully our team shows flashes of greatness during the season that will attract other players around the league
SAKURABA216


Senior
Posts: 729
And1: 13
Joined: Aug 2, 2006
Top

Post#15 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sun Jul 7, 2013 2:03 am by SAKURABA216

rock digger wrote:The thing that prevents Monroe from ever becoming someone worth a great deal is his general lack of defense. When was the last time any big man led team won the title when the big man couldn't anchor the defense? There are a ton of Al Jeffersons who are good players in their own right, but aren't untouchable like you are making Monroe out to be. I mean you look at a player like Blake Griffin who posts outrageous stats with insane athleticism and has been working on his jumpshot in the past few years. You would assume that all this combined with time would make him a better defender and jump shooter, but he really isn't, and I'm certain no one is confident in his ability to lead a team to a championship. Monroe is basically in the same boat, only he doesn't have that athleticism that would lead you to believe that he might become a good defender.

Of course, I agree with you that Monroe isn't being correctly represented in terms of value in this deal, but lets not try to act as though this is an insulting offer.



With Smith and Drummond, all Monroe needs to do is score and get rebounds
SAKURABA216


Senior
Posts: 729
And1: 13
Joined: Aug 2, 2006
Top

Post#16 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sun Jul 7, 2013 3:01 am by The Penguin

Toronto has nothing worth Monroe.
The Penguin



Analyst
User avatar
Posts: 3,661
And1: 977
Joined: Nov 17, 2006
Top

Post#17 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sun Jul 7, 2013 3:47 am by dan2314

monroe will not go to toronto. they have nothing that would equal the value of breaking up the monroe/drummond frontcourt
dan2314


Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,640
And1: 139
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Top

Post#18 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sun Jul 7, 2013 5:44 am by itjustdo

ImHeisenberg wrote:
Piston Pete wrote:
I think some of us are over-valuing Monroe a bit.

It seems doubtful we get a high lottery pick in next season's draft (GOAT draft?) with Monroe.


What's being over valued here? He's a 22 year old 6'11 PF/C that averaged 15 and 9 last season, and still hasn't developed a jump shot. He's a high character guy, and will be a RFA next season, which gives the team owning his rights immense leverage to retain him.

I'm not saying he's worth LeBron, Durant or Rose (pre-injury). I may have been overstating there. But, it wouldn't be wise to move him for the wildly overpaid and inefficient Rudy Gay and Lowry's expiring contract. They can do better if they want to trade him.


:clap:
itjustdo
Pro Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 754
And1: 0
Joined: Jun 18, 2008
Top

Post#19 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sun Jul 7, 2013 5:54 am by princeofpalace

This is terrible
princeofpalace
RealGM
Posts: 19,572
And1: 585
Joined: Aug 1, 2006
Top

Post#20 Re: Monroe to Toronto Idea
Sun Jul 7, 2013 6:46 am by Dirtgrain

^ Yep.

People who are saying Monroe is being overvalued don't seem to grasp that the NBA overvalues big men. Just look at how much decent bigs get paid . . . Boozer, Brand, Jefferson--or remember that Juwan Howard contract?
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is an a#!hole and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin
Hyperbole is not a virtue.
Dirtgrain
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,700
And1: 37
Joined: Jul 8, 2007
Top

Next

Return to Detroit Pistons


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sc8581