Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Re: Pistons v Bulls: Detroit is a bad El Matador 

Post#201 » by detroitKG » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:40 am

Sheeeeed wrote:
detroitKG wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:Don't get me wrong- I want Smith gone. But, it doesn't need to dominate 90% of the topics around here.

You can thank a troll for all of this...talk was all dre related until he came in to start trouble.

Heres an idea, don't respond.

Well aren't you just the smart one in here...-_-
Q00
Banned User
And1: 2,604

Post#202 » by Q00 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:42 am

need4detroit wrote:Dre should be force fed every **** possession until the end of the year.

Those last two possessions he had in the post were beautiful. The sad part is seeing his teammates pass up those same opportunities to get him the ball in those same spots at least 10 times every game.

So many times he gets open right near the basket and calls for the ball, and his teammate stops & looks right at him, then wastes 4 seconds contemplating giving it to him, only to pass it to someone else instead for a worse shot.

I understand if he's having an off night, but on nights like tonight where he's obviously got in going in all phases, he should get unlimited touches
JD43320
Veteran
And1: 774

Post#203 » by JD43320 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:44 am

Clarity wrote:
sc8581 wrote:Monroe. SMH. Still Smiths fault huh?

To be fair, Smith wasnt even brought up until the two man goof troop brought him up.

No one's thinking about that airhead.

Tonight is about Andre Drummond being a monster & how incompetent our coaching is to not be feeding him & developing him all year.

Yeah one silly sentence that was meant as a JOKE about this massive collapse being Smith's fault causes the entire board to go ape **** is the fault of a pair of posters. LMFAO. You guys need to get over yourselves and deal with the fact that the entire roster outside of Dre is terrible. This team has been terrible for almost 6 years now. It's not one players fault. Thankfully the GM that is responsible for this mess is on his way out the door. There are only 2 games left. The nightmare is almost over. Kick back, relax and learn to laugh at the joke that this team is.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#204 » by DBC10 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:48 am

JD43320 wrote:
Clarity wrote:

To be fair, Smith wasnt even brought up until the two man goof troop brought him up.

Tonight is about Andre Drummond being a monster & how incompetent our coaching is to not be feeding him & developing him all year.

Yeah one silly sentence that was meant as a JOKE about this massive collapse being Smith's fault causes the entire board to go ape **** is the fault of a pair of posters. LMFAO. You guys need to get over yourselves and deal with the fact that the entire roster outside of Dre is terrible. This team has been terrible for almost 6 years now. It's not one players fault. Thankfully the GM that is responsible for this mess is on his way out the door. There are only 2 games left. The nightmare is almost over. Kick back, relax and learn to laugh at the joke that this team is.

That's why I said to put a sarcasm tag or a greenfont. Otherwise it's just going to look like a passive-aggressive strawman slaying contest instead of trying to be a caricature fan in pure satire of the team's current status.
JD43320
Veteran
And1: 774

Post#205 » by JD43320 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:49 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:
I agree with what you're saying, but Smith IS the biggest problem. He's the highest paid player who disrupts the offense/defense the most. I want him gone first and for most. Then Jennings. What I don't understand is the infatuation to ship out moose. Yes he was bad tonight, but the way he gets talked about you'd think he's problem #1. It's like you have a lambo and you're focused on changing the interior color before addressing it came with the engine of a ford fiesta.

Moose is a huge problem. He's on the verge of become the teams highest paid player and outside of Jennings is the biggest culprit for our laughable defense. He whines after every play. Misses every assignment. Doesn't hustle. Plays soft on both ends of the court. He disappears against any team that plays tough. Monroe acts and plays like a total loser.
Q00
Banned User
And1: 2,604

Post#206 » by Q00 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:54 am

Do they do player of the month for April, even though its only half a month of games?

I have to think Drummond is going to win for the East if they do. He's avg 17 points and 17 rebounds this month on 68% FG

Its amazing how he's so consistent with his balance of points and rebounds. Last year he avg 7/7. This year he avg 13/13. Tonight he had 26/26. This month he's avg 17/17.

Its hard to think of another player that scores and rebounds at such a consistently equal rate.
Natopher
Veteran
And1: 802

Post#207 » by Natopher » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:58 am

I didn't watch the game. Could someone summarize Drummond's game for me?
DBC10
General Manager

Post#208 » by DBC10 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:07 am

Natopher wrote:I didn't watch the game. Could someone summarize Drummond's game for me?

Dunks and rebounds with some flashes of a post game.
Natopher
Veteran
And1: 802

Post#209 » by Natopher » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:09 am

DBC10 wrote:
Natopher wrote:I didn't watch the game. Could someone summarize Drummond's game for me?

How many post plays did they run for him? And how'd he look?
Hotmayo
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#210 » by Hotmayo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:14 am

JD43320 wrote:
Clarity wrote:

Lmao

Well I'd keep siva as well ;)
Hotmayo is an animal

Reggie Jackson Blows
DBC10
General Manager

Post#211 » by DBC10 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:16 am

Natopher wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

I didn't watch until the 4th since I got back from work. I was being facetious in that post but that's the gist of it from what I've read on here so far lol.

But towards the 4th, they were consistently letting him have the ball. Refreshing to see, to say the least.
need4detroit
Analyst
And1: 769

Post#212 » by need4detroit » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:29 am

Natopher wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

He looked like the biggest and most athletic player out there, who was aware that he was the biggest and most athletic player out there.
Detroit Sports Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/need4detroit
bkseven wrote:He's between average and above average.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#213 » by Neptune » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:21 am

This team refuses to win for Loyer. Haha, our squad's wrong for that.
Ghost
Bench Warmer
And1: 509

Post#214 » by Ghost » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:38 am

Natopher wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

I don't know how many but I think he looked better then I have ever seen him. One time really stuck out in the 4th quarter where he caught the ball down in the post, took a could dribbles with the left before spinning back into a right up off the glass. I was like "HOLY **** A **** MOVE" then I pondered the idea of him doing it on the other side or someone overpaying the turn back and getting dunked on with the left. :nod: It's very exiting to see.. Even if it's pretty simple, if he can be confident with it, there's not many people who can deal with him!
wallace72
Junior
And1: 83

Post#215 » by wallace72 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:51 am

Ghost wrote:
Natopher wrote:
DBC10 wrote:Dunks and rebounds with some flashes of a post game.

I don't know how many but I think he looked better then I have ever seen him. One time really stuck out in the 4th quarter where he caught the ball down in the post, took a could dribbles with the left before spinning back into a right up off the glass. I was like "HOLY **** A **** MOVE" then I pondered the idea of him doing it on the other side or someone overpaying the turn back and getting dunked on with the left. :nod: It's very exiting to see.. Even if it's pretty simple, if he can be confident with it, there's not many people who can deal with him!

Well,

It took the coaching staff 79 games into the season that they were aware
that they could run an offensive play through Drummond :oops:
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#216 » by pylb » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:22 am

You guys played well. We were lucky to get a win. Drummond was terrific.

(well I guess guys like Jerebko and Jennings didn't play great, but your team played pretty good for most of the game)
Neptune
Starter

Post#217 » by Neptune » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:35 pm

pylb wrote:You guys played well. We were lucky to get a win. Drummond was terrific.

(well I guess guys like Jerebko and Jennings didn't play great, but your team played pretty good for most of the game)

Wait until next season. :curse: (jk)
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#218 » by princeofpalace » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:44 pm

The number 1 reason we need to get rid of our chuckers is to get Drummond more involved offensively. Kid is a beast, Im expecting big things from him next season. He just needs to be given the opportunity.
Neptune
Starter

Post#219 » by Neptune » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:01 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
JD43320 wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:
You just pick the side that you can argue with the most people with. You keep it all bottled up inside away from the computer and release this eternal vomit of comments when you get back to the safety of your computer. Earlier you were arguing how much smith sucked when everyone was optimistic in October. Now you're defending him. It's gold.

Nobody should be happy with how lackluster Smith has been this season. But people like you who think he is the anti-christ are just sad. Do you disagree with me that we have the worst back court in the NBA? Do you disagree with me that we have the worst perimeter shooting in the NBA? Do you disagree with me that we have the worst coach in the NBA? Do you disagree that Monroe is one of if not the whiniest, softest, most pathetic defensive PF's in the game? This team is a joke from the owner on down. We've got one redeemable player on this team and that is Dre. Other than that this entire organization is ****. I mean it's not Knick level **** but it's still God awful. Going ape **** everyday about one player (Smith) shows that you suffer from tunnel vision so bad Dumars thinks he can convert you into a PG.

I agree with what you're saying, but Smith IS the biggest problem. He's the highest paid player who disrupts the offense/defense the most. I want him gone first and for most. Then Jennings. What I don't understand is the infatuation to ship out moose. Yes he was bad tonight, but the way he gets talked about you'd think he's problem #1. It's like you have a lambo and you're focused on changing the interior color before addressing it came with the engine of a ford fiesta.

The problem isn't Smith or Monroe at all. The problem is our lack of a competent coaching staff and lack of 2-guard's who can actually shoot the ball.

Nobody here noticed we were more competitive with Cheeks as our coach?
Drumtavious
Sophomore
And1: 20

Post#220 » by Drumtavious » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:06 pm

I thought Datome showed a bit in the last quarter of the last game, and then he gets 0 minutes tonight? The seasons over, give him and Mitchell a chance!

Dre (36)/Moose (12)
Moose (20)/ Jerebko (14)/ Mitchell (14)
Singler (24)/ Datome (24)
Stuckey (24)/ KCP (24)
Jennings (24) Siva (24)

They should be the minute distributions, and that's being nice. If it were up to me Jerebko and Stuck wouldn't be playing at all

Return to Detroit Pistons