ImageImageImage

OT: You guys have really good commentators

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,278

Re: OT: You guys have really good commentators 

Post#21 » by RSCD3_ » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:23 pm

hoophabit wrote:I know I've posted this before, but Blaha is a real gentleman. Years ago I used to watch the backfeeds on a satellite dish. While commercials ran the feed stayed with the guys at the arena. George was the same on air or off. Courteous and thoughtful with staff and never vulgar in manner. There were quite a few others who were Jeckle and Hyde, but George was always the same. Kelser was playing in those days, but he gives the impression of a pretty decent guy himself.

Sure, both Blaha and Kelser have the positive bent towards the team they work for in evidence, but they are at least honest about good and bad calls.

yeah they seem to acknowledge when we get away with a call rather than some announcers who try to play it off like nothing happened and I respect that

better than completely one sided guys like the boston commentator who thinks the Celtics have never gotten a crucial call in their favor :lol:
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Clarity
Banned User
And1: 843

Post#22 » by Clarity » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:35 pm

hoophabit wrote:I know I've posted this before, but Blaha is a real gentleman. Years ago I used to watch the backfeeds on a satellite dish. While commercials ran the feed stayed with the guys at the arena. George was the same on air or off. Courteous and thoughtful with staff and never vulgar in manner. There were quite a few others who were Jeckle and Hyde, but George was always the same. Kelser was playing in those days, but he gives the impression of a pretty decent guy himself.

Sure, both Blaha and Kelser have the positive bent towards the team they work for in evidence, but they are at least honest about good and bad calls.

My girl & I met him in LA a few years back & he was so kind, he took pics with a few Piston fans well after Special K had left & the game was over then proceeded to have a 10ish min convo with me, I know he had stuff to do but he just wanted to make sure I knew he appreciated me appreciating him & loving the Pistons.

You know those guys who you can just tell are good people, that's George Blaha.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#23 » by Spider156 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:54 pm

You guys know Mateen Cleaves is making noise as an analyst. I saw him at the NCAA national championship. That's gotta be something significant.
Defense wins championships
E-Z
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#24 » by E-Z » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Led Zeppelin wrote:Raptors fan here. I'm watching the game on the Pistons feed, and you guys have some of the best play by play guys I've heard. They're completely level headed and don't show the least bit of bias. They seem to genuinely be basketball fans and not just Pistons fans.

So take solace that during this **** of a season, you guys have a great commentary crew, and Andre Drummond to look forward too. Best of luck this summer guys! I wouldn't mind seeing you guys pick up our local hero Andrew Wiggins. You're not in our division, and it's close enough that we can see him play a lot.

It's hard for me to watch other game broadcasts because of how level the Pistons commentators are. George Blaha has biases towards the Pistons of course, usually in his faith that Josh Smith/Stuckey/Bynum etc. are more than capable of knocking down jump-shots. :lol:

It'll be a sad day whenever Geroge hangs it up. He's been play-by-play my entire life.
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Post#25 » by Blast Tyrant » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:32 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:

yeah they seem to acknowledge when we get away with a call rather than some announcers who try to play it off like nothing happened and I respect that

better than completely one sided guys like the boston commentator who thinks the Celtics have never gotten a crucial call in their favor :lol:

Tommy Heinsohn is the WORST commentator ever. Even Bill Simmons (who bleeds green) makes some cracks at him in his book about how he's the most biased homer in the history of sports commentary.
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#26 » by Warspite » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:38 pm

I stopped following the Tigers after Harwell left I might do the same w/o Blaha.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#27 » by sc8581 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Warspite wrote:I stopped following the Tigers after Harwell left I might do the same w/o Blaha.

The guys on the radio are great, Mario is alright but Rod Allen is just awful and annoying.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#28 » by DetroitSho » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:53 pm

Spider156 wrote:You guys know Mateen Cleaves is making noise as an analyst. I saw him at the NCAA national championship. That's gotta be something significant.

Mateen Cleaves is horrible. I contemplate sticking a knife in my ears everytime I hear him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,278

Post#29 » by RSCD3_ » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:48 pm

sc8581 wrote:
Warspite wrote:I stopped following the Tigers after Harwell left I might do the same w/o Blaha.

The guys on the radio are great, Mario is alright but Rod Allen is just awful and annoying.

Rod allen always seems like he's trying to hard

Sent from my SCH-I800 using RealGM Forums mobile app
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
bballnmike
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Post#30 » by bballnmike » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:56 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

Rod allen always seems like he's trying to hard

Sent from my SCH-I800 using RealGM Forums mobile app

I love Mario and Rod, I think Rod is hilarious :lol:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#31 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:32 pm

I remember back in the 80's Blaha looked old and I still can't believe he is still at it. But, George Blaha has to be one of the biggest Pistons homers of all time. Well, he is a huge fan of basketball who always gives other teams players props too. Sometimes, it sounds like he is about to burst in tears in pride when he praises some players. He is great.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Detroit Pistons