ImageImageImage

would you do this Drummond trade?

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

E-Z
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Re: would you do this Drummond trade? 

Post#21 » by E-Z » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Nope. Everyone is worth trading except for Drummond, unless the Pistons receive a top 10 player in return. I'm ho hum if the player isn't top 5.
Clarity
Banned User
And1: 843

Post#22 » by Clarity » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:05 pm

rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#23 » by rmfc » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:13 pm

The words Drummond and trade in the same sentence = :o

NO...NO...NO...NO....NO....NO
wallace72
Junior
And1: 83

Post#24 » by wallace72 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:25 pm

Okay,

so wat are we smoking today ?
white widow - super skunk or something new on the market :roll: :banghead:
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,763

Post#25 » by theBigLip » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:30 pm

The first word that came to my mind when I read the title of the thread was - NO. After I read the attempted trade, it turned to a laughing f--k NO.

But the interesting thing is what would I trade Drummond for? It would need to be multiple good players. And maybe take Jennings and Smith off our hands at the same time.

Detroit out: Drummond, Smith, Jennings
Detroit in: LMA, Lillard, Dorell Wright
paQo the BAWSER
Banned User
And1: 110

Post#26 » by paQo the BAWSER » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:17 pm

LeBron or Durant.
Dirtgrain
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#27 » by Dirtgrain » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:25 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlA9bNk3b5Q[/youtube]
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is an [jerk] and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin
Hyperbole is not a virtue.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#28 » by MotownMadness » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Lololololol, Terrible trade idea. I want either Durant or Davis back in any Drummond trade before I would consider it. Even LeBron is iffy because of the age gap. Drummonds potential is just way too high for any trade unless for a superstar.
piston1423
Pro Prospect
And1: 132

Post#29 » by piston1423 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:12 pm

I hope this guy isn't secretly the new GM. Seriously, what were you thinking?
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#30 » by DCintheD » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:30 pm

:nonono:
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
coolness
Analyst
And1: 303

Post#31 » by coolness » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:01 pm

I was thinking on and on if we get the 1st overall pick... 2.8% chance
would I trade the #1 pick to a Western team to get those same 5 1st's?
interested if you guys would. I mentioned it in passing once and got no response.
then I thought...Drummond??? and I even threw in Jerebko for Len to boot.

well thanks for the replies. I guess. :lol:
just dicking around on the interwebz.
I hope the perfect off-season happens just like you guys. starting with the balls giving us the 1st pick. :D

piston1423 wrote:I hope this guy isn't secretly the new GM. Seriously, what were you thinking?

ya never know
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#32 » by Spider156 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:21 pm

I would do a Dre and moose for George and Hibbert lol
Defense wins championships
coolness
Analyst

Post#33 » by coolness » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Spider156 wrote:I would do a Dre and moose for George and Hibbert lol

I wouldn't. LOL?
JustinSane
Bench Warmer
And1: 62

Post#34 » by JustinSane » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:35 pm

I'd take the deal. That's 5 first round picks and a decent prospect. I love Drummond, but that is a ton of value coming back, and as strange as it seems, trading Drummond would in fact balance the roster a bit - Monroe is a 5, not a 4, and Smith is a 4, not a 3. Additionally, it would also allow us to tank hard if we wanted next season and keep a very good pick. I doubt anyone would offer that much value for Drummond in any case, even if he does have top 10 trade value (which I think he does).
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#35 » by MotownMadness » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:07 pm

JustinSane wrote:I'd take the deal. That's 5 first round picks and a decent prospect. I love Drummond, but that is a ton of value coming back, and as strange as it seems, trading Drummond would in fact balance the roster a bit - Monroe is a 5, not a 4, and Smith is a 4, not a 3. Additionally, it would also allow us to tank hard if we wanted next season and keep a very good pick. I doubt anyone would offer that much value for Drummond in any case, even if he does have top 10 trade value (which I think he does).

Len sucks and its a gamble that any mid to late first rounders will ever even be in the league much less starting after a few years of playing. Thats a terrible deal for a player who already AllStar level at 20 and has the potential to be the best player at his position in a year or two. You think were just going to draft another player of Drummonds caliber? And even if it does balance out the roster that still doesnt mean that teams going to be nothing but a average treadmill team. You need stars to win in this league and thats just what Drummond will be so no thanks.
Q00
Banned User
And1: 2,604

Post#36 » by Q00 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:50 pm

BasedWiseman wrote:Image

:rofl:
ChainLink
Junior
And1: 25

Post#37 » by ChainLink » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:51 pm

First of all, I'm confused how this complicated offer works outside the Phoenix and Detroit part. Too many parts in your proposed trade. Who goes to Charlotte for them to give us our 2015 pick back, Jerebko? No way they would do that. And how/why is Chicago involved? Also, I highly doubt Atlanta is willing to give up a 1st round pick for Mitchell and doubt even more Phil Jackson will take Smith and Jennings for a huge valuable expiring.

But anyway, HELL NO to a Dre for Len and mid round picks trade.
ImageImage
coolness
Analyst

Post#38 » by coolness » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:00 pm

ChainLink wrote:First of all, I'm confused how this complicated offer works outside the Phoenix and Detroit part. Too many parts in your proposed trade. Who goes to Charlotte for them to give us our 2015 pick back, Jerebko? No way they would do that. And how/why is Chicago involved? Also, I highly doubt Atlanta is willing to give up a 1st round pick for Mitchell and doubt even more Phil Jackson will take Smith and Jennings for a huge valuable expiring.

Holy crap, what is this? Phoenix takes care of Charlotte and Chicago as they should and as I said.

Jerebko for our pick returned? awful straw man.

Atlanta gives up the 15th pick for....Mitchell......and 38th pick.....and...wait/wait/wait...the 19th pick.

Idunno what Phil Jackson would do. It's entirely separate from the Drummond trade. It's been talked about here. I could see him doing it or not doing it. Doesn't matter.

And Chicago is involved for 2 of those 4 mid-1st's. Look it up.
ChainLink
Junior
And1: 25

Post#39 » by ChainLink » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:48 pm

coolness wrote:
ChainLink wrote:First of all, I'm confused how this complicated offer works outside the Phoenix and Detroit part. Too many parts in your proposed trade. Who goes to Charlotte for them to give us our 2015 pick back, Jerebko? No way they would do that. And how/why is Chicago involved? Also, I highly doubt Atlanta is willing to give up a 1st round pick for Mitchell and doubt even more Phil Jackson will take Smith and Jennings for a huge valuable expiring.

Holy crap, what is this? Phoenix takes care of Charlotte and Chicago as they should and as I said.

Jerebko for our pick returned? awful straw man.

Atlanta gives up the 15th pick for....Mitchell......and 38th pick.....and...wait/wait/wait...the 19th pick.

Idunno what Phil Jackson would do. It's entirely separate from the Drummond trade. It's been talked about here. I could see him doing it or not doing it. Doesn't matter.

And Chicago is involved for 2 of those 4 mid-1st's. Look it up.

Ok, well since I (and I'm assuming a few others on this board) don't follow the Suns, Bulls, and Bobcats closely, you should explain who owes what pick to which team. For instance, I didn't know offhand that Phoenix gets the #17 pick from Washington. So that's one thing.

But more importantly, how does Phoenix "take care" of Charlotte and Chicago? Kind of important in a proposed trade offer...we can't just overlook the other partners in a trade and just focus on the pieces that involve the Pistons. Because right now it looks like:

DET out: Andre Drummond, Jonas Jerebko
DET in: Alex Len, 2014/2015 1st round pick back from CHA, #14 pick (from PHX), #16 pick (from CHI via PHX), #17 pick (from PHX via WAS), and #19 pick (from CHI)

PHX out: Alex Len, their own #14 pick, #17 pick (via WAS)
PHX in: Andre Drummond, Jonas Jerebko

CHA out: 2014/2015 1st round pick returned to DET
CHA in: ???

CHI out: #16 pick (via PHX), their own #19 pick
CHI in: ???
ImageImage
JD43320
Veteran
And1: 774

Post#40 » by JD43320 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:26 pm

coolness wrote:
piston1423 wrote:I hope this guy isn't secretly the new GM. Seriously, what were you thinking?

ya never know

Return to Detroit Pistons