Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Re: The Trade Thread - v2 

Post#941 » by DetroitSho » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:06 am

rmfc wrote:
Ghost wrote:
rmfc wrote:Most people don't seem to grasp this...but here it goes.

I do not care what Monroe thinks is good for himself. I am a Pistons fan.... not a Greg Monroe fan.

What he did in the off-season ..did screw the franchise. Greg Monroe can't be traded without his OK. That is a loss of an asset for this franchise.

Lmao okay. He screwed the franchise ... by looking out for himself. WHAT A ****.
You're a Pistons fan ...Didn't Dumars screw him? multiple times? In multiple ways?
Or are you just one of the fans where it doesn't matter what happens to the players, they should just be **** greatful? That's how you're coming across to me.
This is a business, both ways. It sucks we might lose an asset.. but this isn't the first time in NBA history a team has lost an asset.. there have been many players who have moved on for some reason. Lebron left the **** Cavs. You want to burn Monroe's jersey? knock yourself out. I'll stay relaxed.. maybe he'll resign, if he doesn't, idgaf.. we'll find a way to rebound.
(See what I did there :lol: )

What's with the melodrama?

If that's what I am coming across to you as, then may be you need to stop trying to figure people out. Looks like you are very bad at it.

I said I do not care what Monroe thinks is good for himself. All I care about is the Pistons. If he wants to leave, then good bye! Pretty sure the team can "win" the #8 / #9 lotto position with or without Monroe. :D

Only Monroe fans are going to miss Monroe.

EDIT: All I have is a Ben Wallace jersey. Not sure why anyone would buy a Greg Monroe jersey. Has he achieved anything of note for the Pistons yet?

2nd EDIT: Ignore all of the post if yours was meant as sarcasm. :)

Let's see, he doesn't make a difference in getting the 8th/9th pick or not but his mere leaving screws the franchise. Exaggerate much?
Ghost
Bench Warmer
And1: 509

Post#942 » by Ghost » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:07 am

rmfc wrote:What's with the melodrama?

EDIT: All I have is a Ben Wallace jersey. Not sure why anyone would buy a Greg Monroe jersey. Has he achieved anything of note for the Pistons yet?

I forgot like 8 posts earlier or so you just said you believed Monroe had **** the Pistons, and yeah, I understand that. Makes perfect sense. Just I think that he was also ****, so I don't want to really blame him and I automatically take defense to it. Don't worry :)

And :lol: At that second part. It was a like figure of speech to tie in with Lebron, but kind of meant like just consider him dead to you :).
I sure don't own one, I got my nice collection of both wallaces, prince, rip, chauncey, and of course darko. I'll admit to owning a Darko jersey ;). I imagine it's kind of rare nowadays hahaha. ****.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#943 » by rmfc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:39 am

DetroitSho wrote:
rmfc wrote:
Ghost wrote:Lmao okay. He screwed the franchise ... by looking out for himself. WHAT A ****.
You're a Pistons fan ...Didn't Dumars screw him? multiple times? In multiple ways?
Or are you just one of the fans where it doesn't matter what happens to the players, they should just be **** greatful? That's how you're coming across to me.
This is a business, both ways. It sucks we might lose an asset.. but this isn't the first time in NBA history a team has lost an asset.. there have been many players who have moved on for some reason. Lebron left the **** Cavs. You want to burn Monroe's jersey? knock yourself out. I'll stay relaxed.. maybe he'll resign, if he doesn't, idgaf.. we'll find a way to rebound.
(See what I did there :lol: )

If that's what I am coming across to you as, then may be you need to stop trying to figure people out. Looks like you are very bad at it.

I said I do not care what Monroe thinks is good for himself. All I care about is the Pistons. If he wants to leave, then good bye! Pretty sure the team can "win" the #8 / #9 lotto position with or without Monroe. :D

Let's see, he doesn't make a difference in getting the 8th/9th pick or not but his mere leaving screws the franchise. Exaggerate much?

It's an asset lost. How is it that hard to understand?

Regardless, it seems like you are more upset that the Pistons somehow didn't do everything and anything to please Monroe rather than the fact he will most probably be leaving without any compensation for the franchise. Weird.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#944 » by DetroitSho » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:58 am

rmfc wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
rmfc wrote:

Regardless, it seems like you are more upset that the Pistons somehow didn't do everything and anything to please Monroe rather than the fact he will most probably be leaving without any compensation for the franchise. Weird.

Lol dude you're so hurt about this huh? Poor baby, it's ok. And by the way, I'll give you $1,000,000 if you can find ANYWHERE I said they should've done all they could for Monroe. Difference between me and you homeboy is I don't try to make people's FREE AGENCY decisions for them. Years ago Carlos Boozer screwed the Cavs. What Greg Monroe did doesn't come close to being described as "screwing" anybody. There was a QO and Greg Monroe signed it. WHAT'S SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND? And since we have no idea what these other alleged offers were, I'm not gonna act like the Pistons got stood up on Prom Night. Turn the page dude. I bet you probably feel if they offered 4 years/$40 million he should've taken it.
rmfc
Assistant Coach

Post#945 » by rmfc » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:06 am

DetroitSho wrote:
rmfc wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:Let's see, he doesn't make a difference in getting the 8th/9th pick or not but his mere leaving screws the franchise. Exaggerate much?

Lol dude you're so hurt about this huh? Poor baby, it's ok. ...........

I'm hurt about this? It's like my 4th post on this topic. :)
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#946 » by Spider156 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:55 am

This team sucks. They're pathetic. Get rid of everyone!
Defense wins championships
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#947 » by Canadafan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:43 pm

This is an old article but I agree. OKC is our best chance at getting somethin for Monroe. http://www.travelerstoday.com/articles/ ... monroe.htm
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#948 » by Canadafan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Or Smith. This article was from today. http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/751 ... nation.htm
russkopp
Analyst
And1: 1,043

Post#949 » by russkopp » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:34 pm

I heard that Realty Today was the first source that knew LeBron was going back to Cleveland...
Fire Troy Weaver
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#950 » by DBC10 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:34 pm

It all depends on the Kings, no one else is likely going to be make a move for JSmiss. I wish Smith can string together a great pair of games with efficient shooting and decent rebounds/assists so some team will bite.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#951 » by Han Solo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:31 pm

I wish there were a way we could get Exum from utah.. Kid barely plays, stats are underwhelming - but he has got "it".. I watch some Utah games just to get a glimpse of him.. Would probably cost us next year's draft pick, but I love this kid.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#952 » by Kilo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:42 pm

Kings are out only hope - they're a fringe 8th seed in the West, will be fighting for it with a couple other teams for the whole season it seems (barring injuries) - it depends on if they think Thompson/Landry gives them better workman minutes than they could get out of Smith at PF or not.

I think Stan will look to stand pat for at least another month yet though - to get Meeks back for a couple of games to see if a more consistent scoring from our 2-guard is all we need to better fit his offense/vision for his offense.

Maybe Stan is trying to wait out Sacto to see if they'll part with a piece of value (other than just cap fodder) - no way they part with McLemore and Stauskas would even be a long shot, but maybe somebody like McCallum could be included along with Thompson and Williams or something.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
engelbert321
Head Coach
And1: 1,369

Post#953 » by engelbert321 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:10 pm

Anyway we can snatch Stephenson for Smith or Jennings?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#954 » by princeofpalace » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:18 pm

Right now, Stan looks foolish for not accepting the Kings offer for Smith and with Smith looking ever worse than he did last year, I don't believe that the Kings would even make that deal now.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#955 » by Neptune » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:34 pm

engelbert321 wrote:Anyway we can snatch Stephenson for Smith or Jennings?

I had a nice discussion last night about a similar trade scenario. Smith/Mitchell to the Hornets and Stephenson/Biyombo to the Pistons. My guy told me that we should run Stephenson as our 3(more like a point-forward). Seems like an even deal to me

Jennings
KCP
Stephenson
Monroe/Biyombo
Drummmond
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#956 » by Kilo » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:50 pm

I'd rather have Smith over Stephenson. Once Meeks is healthy I think we'll look much better, and when Moose leaves in the off-season I don't want a 2-guard glut and no PF under contract.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
rmfc
Assistant Coach

Post#957 » by rmfc » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Han Solo wrote:I wish there were a way we could get Exum from utah..

No chance.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#958 » by sfballa13 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:23 am

Neptune wrote:
engelbert321 wrote:Anyway we can snatch Stephenson for Smith or Jennings?

I had a nice discussion last night about a similar trade scenario. Smith/Mitchell to the Hornets and Stephenson/Biyombo to the Pistons. My guy told me that we should run Stephenson as our 3(more like a point-forward). Seems like an even deal to me

Jennings
KCP
Stephenson
Monroe/Biyombo
Drummmond

As bad as Lance has been playing, his contract has a team option after next season.

Pistons would probably have to add something here instead of Biyombo coming our way

Smith, Singler, 2nd for Stephenson, Maxiell and pray Charlotte takes the deal
mus123
Junior
And1: 61

Post#959 » by mus123 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:10 am

If Joe Johnson and is 120 mill contract can be traded so can Smith. Kings ? Rockets? Celtics? Lakers???
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#960 » by MotownMadness » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:35 am

mus123 wrote:If Joe Johnson and is 120 mill contract can be traded so can Smith. Kings ? Rockets? Celtics? Lakers???

Joe Johnson was still a really good player which makes a difference. Not good enough for his contract but he was still a top 5 SG at the time.

Return to Detroit Pistons