Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

313 Professor
Starter
And1: 963

Re: OT- NBA 2k15 Detroit Pistons Ratings 

Post#21 » by 313 Professor » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:46 pm

E-Z wrote:
epheisey wrote:
whitehops wrote:is it just me or do the player's overalls seem a lot more normalized? like the really bad players are rated in the high 60's, all the below to above average are in the 70's, good players are in the 80's and there's less elite players in the 90's.

is it just me?

I thought a few players on the Pistons were overrated actually. Seeing Kyle Singler as a 74 and better than Meeks, and KCP was surprising. Seeing Will Bynum and JJ as a 70 and 71 also seemed high. Tony Mitchell is straight awful, like low 60s awful. Maybe it just seems off because I view Drummond as better than an 83 (probably closer to 85-87), which would make everything seem more normalized.

The dev team has revamped the overall rating system this year.

I believe the simplest way to describe player overalls is this:

If player A is excellent at one attribute, he'll be a 70; 80 if two, 90 if more, etc. If a player is somewhat in the middle of the pack, then they'll probably be in the 70's, and so-on. However, the overall ratings are relative to the position of each player. Drummond may be an 83 as a center, but a 75 as a power-forward due to the lack of outside scoring.

ImHeisenberg wrote:I wonder if you'll actually be able to run a pick and roll this year against the AI? They clog the paint, and can still recover on your shooters if you pass to them.

That's my biggest gripe with 2K, their precognitive AI who can steal your pass with their back turned to you and NEVER miss a half open 3.

I thought the P&R was quite simple in the PS4/Xbox One versions of the game due to big man always coming out to do a soft hedge or hang back to slow dribble penetration. The defending guard would never rotate to the big rolling to the basket. This led to a barrage of half-court alley-oops from both users and the A.I. controlled teams if I didn't control the big man involved in the screen.

Here's a visual representation of 2K14's horrid P&R defense:

And, myself abusing the P&R against an online opponent.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf3PSL4V0Sg[/youtube]

E-Z im a beast on 2K on the 360 never played it on the One tho. Wish I could beat you real quick. Probably be upgrading soon
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#22 » by Lionlifer » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:29 pm

The gauntlet has been thrown down! :hoop:

Make sure you stream the game, I'd be down to watch.
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
kf96
Junior
And1: 69

Post#23 » by kf96 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:52 am

Caron Butler 76
D.J. Augustin 76
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#24 » by Neptune » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:24 pm

^Man, if Augustin is rated 76 I know Jennings is rated around 83 and Bynum around 71.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#25 » by MotownMadness » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:40 pm

Neptune wrote:^Man, if Augustin is rated 76 I know Jennings is rated around 83 and Bynum around 71.
Jennings probably will be rated around that but Augustin is still the better player.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#26 » by ComboGuardCity » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Augustin is being overrated here. He had a decent year in a heavily structured system. We don't know how he'll fare in a new system. He's failed everywhere else.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#27 » by MotownMadness » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:02 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:Augustin is being overrated here. He had a decent year in a heavily structured system. We don't know how he'll fare in a new system. He's failed everywhere else.

Saying hes better then Jennings isn't really overrating him though.
epheisey
Bench Warmer
And1: 409

Post#28 » by epheisey » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:08 am

MotownMadness wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:Augustin is being overrated here. He had a decent year in a heavily structured system. We don't know how he'll fare in a new system. He's failed everywhere else.

Yes. It is. You guys are all so stuck on Jennings being an idiot. You realize last season was probably his best (or at least 2nd best) as a pro? But if you just went by what is said on this board, you'd think he got worse since he arrived in Detroit. He did boneheaded things because he had a bonehead coach. When Cheeks was at the helm (not to say Cheeks was a good coach), he was playing great within the tools he has available.

Also. This is a video game. Other than an "awareness" stat, Jennings is very talented. Augustin has a fairly decent IQ, but he's not even close talent wise to Jennings.

Let me also make it clear I'm no fan of Jennings. But hometown fans either love or a hate a player. There's no in between. And Jennings is one that gets victimized for a season in which no player would have shown out well, given the circumstances.

If you SpaceJam-ed Jennings into another player on another team, and suggested a one for one trade of Jennings for this other guy 95% of this board would lose their minds in excitement of being able to dump Jennings. Simply because they don't watch the rest of the league enough to actually evaluate objectively.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#29 » by MotownMadness » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:14 am

epheisey wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:

Yes. It is. You guys are all so stuck on Jennings being an idiot. You realize last season was probably his best (or at least 2nd best) as a pro? But if you just went by what is said on this board, you'd think he got worse since he arrived in Detroit. He did boneheaded things because he had a bonehead coach. When Cheeks was at the helm (not to say Cheeks was a good coach), he was playing great within the tools he has available.

Also. This is a video game. Other than an "awareness" stat, Jennings is very talented. Augustin has a fairly decent IQ, but he's not even close talent wise to Jennings.

Let me also make it clear I'm no fan of Jennings. But hometown fans either love or a hate a player. There's no in between. And Jennings is one that gets victimized for a season in which no player would have shown out well, given the circumstances.

If you SpaceJam-ed Jennings into another player on another team, and suggested a one for one trade of Jennings for this other guy 95% of this board would lose their minds in excitement of being able to dump Jennings. Simply because they don't watch the rest of the league enough to actually evaluate objectively.

Sorry but shooting 36% while chucking away all season is absolutely terrible no matter who the coach is. And dont even get me started on his defense. Right now hes probably a bottom 5 starting PG in the league.
epheisey
Bench Warmer

Post#30 » by epheisey » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:30 am

MotownMadness wrote:
epheisey wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Saying hes better then Jennings isn't really overrating him though.

Sorry but shooting 36% while chucking away all season is absolutely terrible no matter who the coach is. And dont even get me started on his defense. Right now hes probably a bottom 5 starting PG in the league.

And that's a reasonable assessment IMO. But Augustin as a starting PG would be bottom 3. There's a reason THE PISTONS were able to sign him to an actually reasonable deal.
engelbert321
Head Coach
And1: 1,369

Post#31 » by engelbert321 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:37 am

I have high hopes for DJ. And I'm hoping he'll be as productive here as with the Bulls. I'm also counting on SVG to drastically improve our team defense. God, this team needs a miracle.

DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Post#32 » by DETermination » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Greg Monroe, Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings overalls are out and they are all an 80 overall. So the pistons have 4 players in the 80's, they should be a fun team to use on this years game.
Detroit vs Everybody
LetsGetSerious
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#33 » by LetsGetSerious » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:19 pm

lol @ Josh & Jennings being in the 80s
E-Z
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#34 » by E-Z » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Andre Drummond 83
Greg Monroe 80
Josh Smith 80
Brandon Jennings 80
D.J. Augustin 76
Caron Butler 76
Kyle Singler 74
Jodie Meeks 74
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 72
Jonas Jerebko 71
Will Bynum 70
Cartier Martin 70
Tony Mitchell 68
Aaron Gray 67
Luigi Datome 67

Josh Smith took the biggest drop, from an 86 to an 80. Jennings drops from an 83 to an 80 also.
Looks like the Pistons are still overrated. And I'm excited. :lol:
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#35 » by tmorgan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Ratings are clearly higher overall in this new system. That Pistons roster is (properly) not rated very highly.

That said, we are pretty deep, both in reality and in 2K.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#36 » by Neptune » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:41 pm

E-Z wrote:Andre Drummond 83
Greg Monroe 80
Josh Smith 80
Brandon Jennings 80
D.J. Augustin 76
Caron Butler 76
Kyle Singler 74
Jodie Meeks 74
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 72
Jonas Jerebko 71
Will Bynum 70
Cartier Martin 70
Tony Mitchell 68
Aaron Gray 67
Luigi Datome 67

Josh Smith took the biggest drop, from an 86 to an 80. Jennings drops from an 83 to an 80 also.
Looks like the Pistons are still overrated. And I'm excited. :lol:

Smith is probably rated 80 because they have him listed as a 3. If you switch him to the 4 his rating might be an 86 again.
epheisey
Bench Warmer

Post#37 » by epheisey » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:49 am

Wish they would utilize a wider range of ratings. Players like Tony Mitchell shouldn't be in the high 60s. Heck they shouldn't be in the 60s. If they spread the ratings out between 50-99 instead of like 65-99 it would probably feel more accurate.
E-Z
Pro Prospect
And1: 213

Post#38 » by E-Z » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Looks like the Pistons aren't so overrated after-all. All ratings considered, the Pistons are still near the bottom of the barrel in terms of average team ratings. And man, shots are much harder to hit.

At least Andre Drummond doesn't seem to notice, and he wouldn't care if he did.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhncjtbJAaY[/youtube]
BigFatBob
Banned User
And1: 341

Post#39 » by BigFatBob » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:17 pm

Neptune wrote:Smith is probably rated 80 because they have him listed as a 3. If you switch him to the 4 his rating might be an 86 again.

Wait, how did you know this before the game was released?
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#40 » by tmorgan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Didn't want to clutter the board with a post just about MyTeam, but I'm doing myGM on 2k15. I always do one draft first just so I can see where players I really want to get are going... and in my practice draft, Andre Drummond went 26th overall.

I actually missed out on a bunch of guys I wanted (draft went slightly differently), but I still have a fun, young team. My owner recognizes we're rebuilding, so all he cares about for the first year are getting 19 home wins, keeping public perception and morale high, and getting another 1st round pick.

I picked 21st overall in a serpentine draft, so I picked 10th in even-numbered rounds. Keep in mind that this is a complete re-draft from scratch, and age and contracts matter -- KG went in the 12th round, and I didn't want him for 12 mil a year even though he would have helped me win some more games. We're ridiculously under the cap (by like 18 million, even after some cheap FA signings), which should help with some trades later.

1-21 Andre Drummond (of course; that was the whole point)
2-10 Andrew Wiggins (he went mid-second in my practice draft, and I wanted to build from the bottom)
3-21 Manu Ginobili (highest rated player left; expiring; led us in scoring in a victory in our first game)
4-10 Marcus Smart (wasn't sure about this, but he's great fun to play PG with if you don't shoot jumpers)
5-21 Ryan Anderson (great pair for Andre; was just about the highest rated PF left anyway)
6-10 Doug McDermott (wanted Stauskas, but he went 2 picks earlier)
7-21 Chris Anderson (vet; fun guy; best center available)
8-10 Ray McCallum (nice PG prospect)
9-21 Mike Miller (vet; shooter, but it turns out I hate him, because his release is so slow it kills me)
10-10 Evan Fournier (pretty good SG prospect)
11-21 Mitch McGary (not highly rated, but faster than most PF and should develop well)
12-10 Shelvin Mack (best semi-young player available)

Anyway, I have a bunch of true rookies. The general consensus of the pre-season power rankings had us 29th. When I play the games, we're competitive, but I'm pretty sure my sim games are going to go really poorly due to lack of b-ball IQ at both ends. I also drafted for loyalty, lack of interest in money (except Andre), and less injury-prone guys (with some exceptions, of course). We'll see how it goes.

Return to Detroit Pistons