theBigLip Annual Tank, er, Playoff Predictor

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,763

Re: theBigLip Annual Tank, er, Playoff Predictor 

Post#41 » by theBigLip » Sun Mar 1, 2015 7:45 pm

bstein14 wrote:We're currently at 23-36 which is 13 games below .500 with 23 games remaining... If we finish 13-10 down the stretch that probably doesn't get us into the playoffs at 36 wins. I think we need to go 14-9(37 wins total) to have a chance at the playoffs but it might even take 15-8 and I'm just not sure this team is capable of losing just 8 games out of their next 23 after the two they just lost.

According to my calculations, Indiana should get #8 with a 38-44 record. So I agree with your 14-9, but it probably is even 15-8 to get us tied with them. And it looks like Paul George is coming back, making this even harder :-(
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#42 » by The Penguin » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:26 pm

Time to fire up the tank, sitting with the 8th pick but two games away from the 14th. Tank like champs and get one of the SFs.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,763

Post#43 » by theBigLip » Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:27 pm

The Penguin wrote:Time to fire up the tank, sitting with the 8th pick but two games away from the 14th. Tank like champs and get one of the SFs.

Yup. Looks like we're in the lottery unless we go on some crazy winning streak.

I don't think we even have to tank to get a good SF - there are a handful of Centers and PGs that are going in the top 5 or so anyway, and there are 4 SFs that are basically in the same tier, so we should easily be able to get one of them. I think we're due to get some lottery luck this year - a top 3 would be awesome!
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

Post#44 » by Canadafan » Tue Mar 3, 2015 5:42 pm

Let's wait till Wednesday till we give up boys. Hopefully this 4 day break re-energizes us and the extra practice time helps out Reggie! I think we still got one more run in us to sneak in the playoffs!!
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#45 » by ImHeisenberg » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:05 pm

Canadafan wrote:Let's wait till Wednesday till we give up boys. Hopefully this 4 day break re-energizes us and the extra practice time helps out Reggie! I think we still got one more run in us to sneak in the playoffs!!

Think Reggie learned how to make an open 3 or pull up jump shot over the last 4 days? That would definitely help on those 5-24 shooting nights!
The Penguin

Post#46 » by The Penguin » Tue Mar 3, 2015 6:35 pm

theBigLip wrote:
The Penguin wrote:Time to fire up the tank, sitting with the 8th pick but two games away from the 14th. Tank like champs and get one of the SFs.

Yup. Looks like we're in the lottery unless we go on some crazy winning streak.

I don't think we even have to tank to get a good SF - there are a handful of Centers and PGs that are going in the top 5 or so anyway, and there are 4 SFs that are basically in the same tier, so we should easily be able to get one of them. I think we're due to get some lottery luck this year - a top 3 would be awesome!

The Nets beating Dallas and GSW the last two games are killers. They've got 4 games left with Cleveland and Atlanta otherwise they've got a good chance to win most of the rest of their games. As you've previously mentioned, looking at their schedule it's pretty steep odds to catch them.

It is time for Gores to call in his "thanks for buying a franchise" gift. A top 3 pick would open up a lot of options for us.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#47 » by ImHeisenberg » Tue Mar 3, 2015 8:09 pm

The Penguin wrote:It is time for Gores to call in his "thanks for buying a franchise" gift. A top 3 pick would open up a lot of options for us.

I'd say we're due, but I've been saying that the last two years.

I don't even know what we'd do if Detroit landed the #1 pick. Okafor isn't a natural fit next to Drummond. Mudiay is unproven. Stan Johnson doesn't really look like a #1 overall prospect. I'd lean towards trading it if we could net an elite small forward or PG.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#48 » by MotownMadness » Tue Mar 3, 2015 8:53 pm

ImHeisenberg wrote:
The Penguin wrote:It is time for Gores to call in his "thanks for buying a franchise" gift. A top 3 pick would open up a lot of options for us.

I don't even know what we'd do if Detroit landed the #1 pick. Okafor isn't a natural fit next to Drummond. Mudiay is unproven. Stan Johnson doesn't really look like a #1 overall prospect. I'd lean towards trading it if we could net an elite small forward or PG.

I would call Milawaukee up and offer them Okafor for Jabari and another asset because of his injury. I asked what everyone thought about this trade if we were to win the lottery on the TandT board and everyone including MIL fans were all over it. Which they would be due to already having Middleton and the Greek Freak.
The Penguin

Post#49 » by The Penguin » Tue Mar 3, 2015 9:27 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:

I would call Milawaukee up and offer them Okafor for Jabari and another asset because of his injury. I asked what everyone thought about this trade if we were to win the lottery on the TandT board and everyone including MIL fans were all over it. Which they would be due to already having Middleton and the Greek Freak.

Okafor's value is soo much higher than Jabari's right now, of course Milwaukee fans are on board.

I think if we get the #1 pick we keep Okafor and Drummond, let Monroe walk (work out a S&T for assets) and sign Draymond.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#50 » by MotownMadness » Tue Mar 3, 2015 9:29 pm

The Penguin wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
ImHeisenberg wrote:

Okafor's value is soo much higher than Jabari's right now, of course Milwaukee fans are on board.

I think if we get the #1 pick we keep Okafor and Drummond, let Monroe walk (work out a S&T for assets) and sign Draymond.

That's why I said and other Assets but if Parker and Okafor were both in this same draft and we had the #1 pick I pretty sure we would be using it on Parker.
The Penguin

Post#51 » by The Penguin » Tue Mar 3, 2015 9:53 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
The Penguin wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:I would call Milawaukee up and offer them Okafor for Jabari and another asset because of his injury. I asked what everyone thought about this trade if we were to win the lottery on the TandT board and everyone including MIL fans were all over it. Which they would be due to already having Middleton and the Greek Freak.

That's why I said and other Assets but if Parker and Okafor were both in this same draft and we had the #1 pick I pretty sure we would be using it on Parker.

Parker has an ACL tear and 1 less year on his rookie deal. It would take either the Greek Freak or 2 unprotected 1sts along with Parker for me to trade a guy like Okafor in our own division.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#52 » by MotownMadness » Tue Mar 3, 2015 10:02 pm

The Penguin wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
The Penguin wrote:

Parker has an ACL tear and 1 less year on his rookie deal. It would take either the Greek Freak or 2 unprotected 1sts along with Parker for me to trade a guy like Okafor in our own division.

The injury thing is scary but Parker is just as much if not better of a prospect then Okafor is and a actual huge need for our team. If not for the injury I would trade Okafor for him straight up but with it I would probably ask for Parker and their 1st rounder this year. Maybe I'm crazy but I would take the risk on the chance that Parker will be fine moving forward as far as injuries go just because of how talented, young and exactly what we need.

Return to Detroit Pistons