ImageImageImage

Team still lacks ALOT

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Maker_84
Banned User
And1: 220

Team still lacks ALOT 

Post#1 » by Maker_84 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:45 am

to get too excited about. Against real competition tonight and a true measuring stick a lot of weakness were really exposed.

#1- 0 depth, not one quality player on the bench outside of Jodie Meeks who's an undersized streaky shooting guard. That just isn't gonna cut it.

#2. Weak defense especially defending good stretch 4's who can kill slow players like Moose and Tolliver on pick and rolls.

#3. Inside scoring. We really don't have it, Andre has 0 offensive game and Moose is very unathletic/clumsy to get good clean looks on a consistent basis.

#4. No scoring outside of when KCP is hitting shots and Reggie has space to create and finish at the rim

Brandon Jennings would have been absolutely great to have off the bench because Dinwiddie just doesn't give the team much right now outside of some defense here and there
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Team still lacks ALOT 

Post#2 » by ComboGuardCity » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:47 am

Damn. Guess no championship.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
B_BallReasons
Junior
And1: 161

Re: Team still lacks ALOT 

Post#3 » by B_BallReasons » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:54 am

I'm not liking this new Pistons team. I feel like they took a step back. Now that Reggie Jackson is there with a starting role, all I see is a scorer. He doesn't provide any point guard qualities. No leadership, or doesn't find guys for shots type qualities. Another thing is he doesn't penetrate the lane as well as Augustin and Jennings. Both these guys were great getting into the paint and disrupting defenses. I don't see that out of Reggie Jackson, even when someone sets him up on a pick and roll. Also, the fast breaks. He doesn't push the ball as hard like the other two guys. I remember Augustin would run a fast break and at least 3 guys would run with him. Everyone now just kind of sags but that's on Reggie. I feel that this team was better off with Augustin and they should strongly consider keeping Jennings if they can only go with one or dish both all together and find someone else.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#4 » by sc8581 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:04 am

B_BallReasons wrote:I'm not liking this new Pistons team. I feel like they took a step back. Now that Reggie Jackson is there with a starting role, all I see is a scorer. He doesn't provide any point guard qualities. No leadership, or doesn't find guys for shots type qualities. Another thing is he doesn't penetrate the lane as well as Augustin and Jennings. Both these guys were great getting into the paint and disrupting defenses. I don't see that out of Reggie Jackson, even when someone sets him up on a pick and roll. Also, the fast breaks. He doesn't push the ball as hard like the other two guys. I remember Augustin would run a fast break and at least 3 guys would run with him. Everyone now just kind of sags but that's on Reggie. I feel that this team was better off with Augustin and they should strongly consider keeping Jennings if they can only go with one or dish both all together and find someone else.

Forgot the green font
effjay
Pro Prospect
And1: 53

Post#5 » by effjay » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:06 am

Maker_84 wrote:to get too excited about. Against real competition tonight and a true measuring stick a lot of weakness were really exposed.

#1- 0 depth, not one quality player on the bench outside of Jodie Meeks who's an undersized streaky shooting guard. That just isn't gonna cut it.

#2. Weak defense especially defending good stretch 4's who can kill slow players like Moose and Tolliver on pick and rolls.

#3. Inside scoring. We really don't have it, Andre has 0 offensive game and Moose is very unathletic/clumsy to get good clean looks on a consistent basis.

#4. No scoring outside of when KCP is hitting shots and Reggie has space to create and finish at the rim

Brandon Jennings would have been absolutely great to have off the bench because Dinwiddie just doesn't give the team much right now outside of some defense here and there

#1 - Jode Meeks is not a quality player on the bench. Agreed though, we do lack some depth.

#2 - Defense has been pretty solid. Saw a lot of aggressive man-to-man and a lot of helping out as well. Love is an anomaly among big men, everyone knows that.

#3 - Inside scoring can certainly be better. Monroe, again, had an off night. Making FT's would've helped tremendously also.

#4 - We do have scoring options when all cylinders are firing. Tonight, it was just the two of those guys who got hot but we got occasional contributions from Prince, Tolliver, etc.

... This team has only been together for 2 games. They'll certainly need to gel a bit more and learn to play more cohesively. However, there were some positives beginning with the RJ-Dre connection and KCP letting it rain from deep more readily.
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#6 » by detroitKG » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:06 am

B_BallReasons wrote:I'm not liking this new Pistons team. I feel like they took a step back. Now that Reggie Jackson is there with a starting role, all I see is a scorer. He doesn't provide any point guard qualities. No leadership, or doesn't find guys for shots type qualities. Another thing is he doesn't penetrate the lane as well as Augustin and Jennings. Both these guys were great getting into the paint and disrupting defenses. I don't see that out of Reggie Jackson, even when someone sets him up on a pick and roll. Also, the fast breaks. He doesn't push the ball as hard like the other two guys. I remember Augustin would run a fast break and at least 3 guys would run with him. Everyone now just kind of sags but that's on Reggie. I feel that this team was better off with Augustin and they should strongly consider keeping Jennings if they can only go with one or dish both all together and find someone else.

:crazy: cocaine is a hell of a drug... :o
epheisey
Bench Warmer
And1: 409

Post#7 » by epheisey » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:08 am

ALOT is actually 2 words. A lot.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,079

Post#8 » by MrBigShot » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:10 am

Based on that I have to wonder if you watched the game. He had 9 assists and would have had a lot more than that if we would've finished some of the drop offs and kick outs we missed in the 2nd half. His court vision was great....he threw multiple lobs on target to Dre and found shooters in drive and kick all night.

We didn't take a step back, we just lost to a better team and our front court got outplayed big time by our front court. Moose and Dre have things they need to improve before either of them become reliable offensive options in a playoff intensity level game against quality opponents. Monroe was great against Chicago, but again...reliable scorers have to be consistent. Jump shooters have off nights, it happens. Guys that take the majority of their shots in the paint should be more consistent than players that rely on perimeter shooting (with the exception of elite shooters like Dirk/Klay/Curry).

We just played Chicago, Washington and Cleveland and ended up winning 2 out of 3 games. Do people expect us to go on a 15 game winning streak or something?
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#9 » by Warspite » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:15 am

This thread just illustrates that too many posters dont have Maker84 on ignore. Ignore is your immunisation and it looks like an epidemic could break out because we are too low for the threshold. We need to immunise the board by getting more posters to put Maker84 on ignore.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#10 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:19 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:Damn. Guess no championship.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Alright guys lets just shut down the board, no need to post, Season's over
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#11 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:20 am

Warspite wrote:This thread just illustrates that too many posters dont have Maker84 on ignore. Ignore is your immunisation and it looks like an epidemic could break out because we are too low for the threshold. We need to immunise the board by getting more posters to put Maker84 on ignore.

well how else are we suppose to report trolling? Mods i hope understand our boards frustration with this particular poster
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#12 » by Warspite » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:31 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Warspite wrote:This thread just illustrates that too many posters dont have Maker84 on ignore. Ignore is your immunisation and it looks like an epidemic could break out because we are too low for the threshold. We need to immunise the board by getting more posters to put Maker84 on ignore.

well how else are we suppose to report trolling? Mods i hope understand our boards frustration with this particular poster

Is it trolling if nobody reads it? If no posters respond to him then he will go away. He only is here to try to upset others. Im thinking about putting anyone who responds to Maker on ignore.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#13 » by sc8581 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:43 am

Warspite wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

Is it trolling if nobody reads it? If no posters respond to him then he will go away. He only is here to try to upset others. Im thinking about putting anyone who responds to Maker on ignore.

Half of the posters here think I'm a troll too, I wonder how many have me blocked lol
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#14 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:46 am

sc8581 wrote:
Half of the posters here think I'm a troll too, I wonder how many have me blocked lol

early on you most definitely were, however you tend to have decent posts that i sometimes enjoy. With maker, i am almost 100% sure he's a fan of another team with Finn Mcool trolling the piston boards. Have yet to read one positive post for him unless its out of sarcasim or baiting
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#15 » by Blkbrd671 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:47 am

Warspite wrote:

that's a little extreme, i hope you don't
Shady_
Junior
And1: 521

Post#16 » by Shady_ » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:51 am

When we sign Ray Allen, we will be a contender.

so lets all calm down
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#17 » by ImHeisenberg » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:15 am

Please watch the games before you post this trash. He had 9 assists tonight, and would have had 15 if his teammates could knock down the wide open looks he served up to them on a silver platter.

Shot the ball efficiently, rebounded, and kept Kyrie Irving out of the game. Augustin can't hold a candle to Jackson's all around game.
DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Post#18 » by DETermination » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:20 am

lol its funny how some people think DJ was an elite pg on this team or something. Do they forget how bad he was when he was backing up Brandon? He only just started to play good when he was starting and Reggie is already by far better than him with much better potential. I like DJ but come on he signed with the pistons for 3 mil a year he isn't a superstar.
Detroit vs Everybody
Maker_84
Banned User
And1: 220

Post#19 » by Maker_84 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:26 am

if only Brandon could be healthy we would have a legitimate chance to beat a team like Cleveland in a 7 game series with him providing instant offense off the bench at the packup 1 similar to Lindsey Hunter used to
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#20 » by Manocad » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:35 am

If only we could have the best player in the league at every position this team might get out of the first round.

Return to Detroit Pistons