Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Re: DETROIT @ WASHINGTON 7:00pm 

Post#341 » by Neptune » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:47 am

Manocad wrote:
Neptune wrote:
Lucidity wrote:
Luckily his mom only lets him use her phone in game threads when we are losing. If he was on here with this nonsense everyday it would be brutal.

@Manocad, that's probably something you do man!

Ironic coming from you, the other resident Pistons hating "fan." I don't frequent other team boards. Never have.

Come on man, I'm far from a hater. I just have a different opinion on how the Pistons look and play. We all post here to read everyone ideas about the team right? :nod:
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#342 » by Manocad » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:54 am

Yeah, cool man, cool. Ha ha lol lol
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#343 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:18 am

Lucidity wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:Does Dinwiddie start next game?

lol

you're better than this man

1.) Did you watch the Game? That's 2 games where Dinwiddie has looked like our best PG
2.) RJ obviously doesn't know the offense, they run 2 sets for him every single time, teams have adjusted and are defending accordingly. We are trying to make a push
3.) SVG obviously wouldn't do it, and i stated more to beg the question as oppose to it actually happening. You should know i am level headed enough to understand that'll never happen. It'll make more sense to just go with the same line ups and let the better pg have the most minutes.
4.) Everyone's upset at RJ calling him a chucker, i just saw a lot of frustration. NY and WAS defended well. i'm still strapped into this bandwagon
Hotmayo
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#344 » by Hotmayo » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:53 pm

I didnt have a chance to comment on RJ over the weekend, extremely busy. From what I can remember from watching the games against NY and WAS. I saw reggie play his game against NY, even though he shot poorly. I think he shot poorly for several reasons. I think the starting lineup isnt great for reggie, theres not much spacing. I think he needs to limit his shots in the 1st quarter and work more to look for his teammates. I think in the 2nd quarter i'd like to see him take 5-6 attempts. In the 3rd quarter I'd like to see him look for his teammates more and in the 4rth quarter i'd like to see him take 5-6 attempts. For an overall 15-16 attempts per game.

I saw reggie score 7 points in the 4rth quarter against NY and he increased our lead. We lost that game mainly from FT shooting, "ala greg monroe misses both at the end of the game and the OT". NY played extremely well and they even beat Toronto the next game. Just rotten luck for us.

I think with the WAS game reggie didnt really look comfortable and didnt really play his game. Maybe everyone is saying something to him. Im not sure thats a good thing. Dinwiddie had a nice game, but I think should have been taken out with 5 min left of the 4rth quarter bc I am not convinced he has enough talent to overcome tight defenses in a tight game. Only someone like reggie would have been able to score in the 4rth quarter against WAS to give us a fighting chance to win.
Hotmayo is an animal

Reggie Jackson Blows
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,079

Post#345 » by MrBigShot » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:55 pm

Moose folded in the clutch by missing free throws, but if Reggie doesn't go 5/24 we don't end up in overtime in the first place. And SVG sticking with Dinwiddie in the Washington game was a great move. He was playing well and got us back into the game, and Spencer did in fact score on Nene to bring us within 1 with 30 seconds left, but we didn't come up with the rebound after fouling and that was it.

Reggie's still got quite a few games to try and prove that he's the PGOTF, but as things are Jennings was better before going down, and Dinwiddie as a prospect may turn out to be more than merely a back up. But as far as being a superstar talent? No chance. He's not talented enough to be that, and will be 25 by the end of the season. He's got a chance to be a top 10 starting PG imo, if things work out which I hope they do. Look at what Harden did immediately after joining Houston, despite being unfamiliar with his new teammates and system. For anyone who needs a reminder:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCAFdBWuNhw[/youtube]

That's superstar level talent.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Hotmayo
Bench Warmer
And1: 319

Post#346 » by Hotmayo » Tue Mar 3, 2015 3:34 am

MrBigShot wrote:Moose folded in the clutch by missing free throws, but if Reggie doesn't go 5/24 we don't end up in overtime in the first place. And SVG sticking with Dinwiddie in the Washington game was a great move. He was playing well and got us back into the game, and Spencer did in fact score on Nene to bring us within 1 with 30 seconds left, but we didn't come up with the rebound after fouling and that was it.

Reggie's still got quite a few games to try and prove that he's the PGOTF, but as things are Jennings was better before going down, and Dinwiddie as a prospect may turn out to be more than merely a back up. But as far as being a superstar talent? No chance. He's not talented enough to be that, and will be 25 by the end of the season. He's got a chance to be a top 10 starting PG imo, if things work out which I hope they do. Look at what Harden did immediately after joining Houston, despite being unfamiliar with his new teammates and system. For anyone who needs a reminder:

Naw bro. Reggie will be str8. Dudes got star potential. Monroe doesnt. You have to take into consideration some things rite now like "getting used to a new role and system", as well as, WAS and NY were just quicker teams than us.
Hotmayo is an animal

Reggie Jackson Blows
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#347 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 4:04 am

Hotmayo wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:Moose folded in the clutch by missing free throws, but if Reggie doesn't go 5/24 we don't end up in overtime in the first place. And SVG sticking with Dinwiddie in the Washington game was a great move. He was playing well and got us back into the game, and Spencer did in fact score on Nene to bring us within 1 with 30 seconds left, but we didn't come up with the rebound after fouling and that was it.

Naw bro. Reggie will be str8. Dudes got star potential. Monroe doesnt. You have to take into consideration some things rite now like "getting used to a new role and system", as well as, WAS and NY were just quicker teams than us.

i don't know if he'll be a superstar, he certainly posses the physical tools to be, but its his bball skill set that needs polishing. While i somewhat disagree with Bigshot, having a top 10 pg in this league is not a bad consolation prize.

Also comparing RJ to Harden is a bad analogy when your referring to their performances subsequent to leaving OKC.

1.) 2 different positions, PG and SG are definitely different positions and on this team particularly are asked different things
2.) Harden went to the Rockets, who are a lot more established with players(wasn't dwight there), as oppose to Detroit, who you can clearly see is still building
3.) When we traded for RJ, we knew he wasn't a polished product and there were definitely some warning signals. RJ was traded for because of his potential matched with his physical tools, Harden was sought after because of his skill set +physical tools.
4.) Don't mis-percieve my post as making excuses for RJ, his performance last couple games have been underwhelming, HOWEVER, teams were defending him in the PnR quite well and we for whatever reason failed to adjust. Thank goodness our coach was smart enough to see how much more of a impact Dinwiddie has been making.
Lucidity
Banned User
And1: 470

Post#348 » by Lucidity » Thu Mar 5, 2015 12:59 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:SVG obviously wouldn't do it

This is why I dismissed it.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#349 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 1:36 am

Lucidity wrote:

its one thing to dismiss , another thing to say "melt down".
Lucidity
Banned User
And1: 470

Post#350 » by Lucidity » Thu Mar 5, 2015 1:54 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Lucidity wrote:

Fair enough bro, my bad
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#351 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 1:59 am

Lucidity wrote:

Fair enough bro, my bad[/quote]

all good

Return to Detroit Pistons