ImageImageImage

Chad Ford's 'Grade: A' mock draft

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

pistontr
Analyst
And1: 275

Re: Chad Ford's 'Grade: A' mock draft 

Post#41 » by pistontr » Wed May 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Redeemed wrote:I like Stanley Johnson, Justise Winslow, and Trey Lyles.

Johnson has that Artest build to go with his lockdown defense. He's described as a raw offensive player with a HIGH MOTOR.

Winslow is a champ. Dude switched to cover guards, power forwards, and centers. He's strong and similar to Johnson in my opinion.

Lyles looks like a potential STAR. The guy has size and athleticism. He can face up, drive, shoot with range, and post.

is Lyles a good defender?
Sorry for my poor english
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,187

Post#42 » by Notanoob » Thu May 14, 2015 4:51 pm

pistontr wrote:

Johnson has that Artest build to go with his lockdown defense. He's described as a raw offensive player with a HIGH MOTOR.

Winslow is a champ. Dude switched to cover guards, power forwards, and centers. He's strong and similar to Johnson in my opinion.

Lyles looks like a potential STAR. The guy has size and athleticism. He can face up, drive, shoot with range, and post.

No, he had a poor defensive rep in high school, and played out of position in college.
Redeemed
Sixth Man
And1: 419

Post#43 » by Redeemed » Fri May 15, 2015 12:23 pm

pistontr wrote:

Played out of position guarding 3's in college, but showed himself capable of executing the defensive principles at Kentucky. He played well from a team defense standpoint, but he is not an elite one on one defender. SVG doesn't emphasize elite one one one defense, he instead is concerned about having an elite system. Lyles is intelligent and agile. He should be able to grasp the defensive concepts and guard the stretch 4's that gave us issues and cover the post players as well with his length within the system.

I like Lyles

Return to Detroit Pistons