Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Re: Awesome Lowe Article on Grantland -- Post Play 

Post#21 » by princeofpalace » Thu May 28, 2015 6:20 pm

DBC10 wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:It was Monroe that had the fader over Taj Gibson while the clock was ticking. Probably the okay or the night since everything was chugging along beautifully.

We're going to miss Monroe's abilities, for sure. I wish he took that midrange far more than his post play, but he doesn't have confidence for whatever reason.

I was actually thinking today, if it is just between us and NY what does Moose do? I'm guessing we strike out on a big $ guy in fa, not sure SVG will let a 24 year old big man just walk away.

Personally I think we're at least on the short list of all the teams Monroe wants to be a part of. We at least showed the most promise out of any of the years he was a part of especially during Jennings having a career stretch and chemistry was sky high.

I don't think Stan wants to let him go easily either.

The FA market for bigs that Pistons could realistically get is horrible this season so I really hope Monroe stays but I doubt it. The only thing that works in Detroits favor is that Monroe wants his situation resolved within a couple of days and some of the other teams with capspace are likely to chase bigger names before Monroe.
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Re: Awesome Lowe Article on Grantland -- Post Play 

Post#22 » by The Penguin » Thu May 28, 2015 6:26 pm

I'd love to see if someone just applied the moneyball concept to counter all the "pace & space teams", loading up at all 5 positions with guys who excel in the post while still have enough outside shooting to keep guys honest, then abusing whoever is the defensive weak point. Golden State is a bit like that when they've got Draymond and Bogut clicking, those guys are so good as post playmakers and the splash brothers just kill you outside.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#23 » by Pharaoh » Fri May 29, 2015 9:15 am

Playmaking ability at every position is key.

People look at the Warriors (or the Spurs) and think it's all about shooting.

It's about shooting...and players making smart choices...and defense....

Bogut, Green, Barnes, Klay, Curry, Livingston, Iggy, Lee - very nice balance.

Splitter, Duncan, Leonard, Green, Parker, Manu, Mills, Diaw...very nice balance

Return to Detroit Pistons