ImageImageImage

Andre Drummond is a Superstar

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Pork N Chili
Sophomore
And1: 143

Re: Andre Drummond is a Superstar 

Post#21 » by Pork N Chili » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:34 pm

The Palace needs to take a hint from the Ben Wallace days with the 'fros and sell Andre Drummond shoulder hair shoulder pads.

But yeah, Drummond has really impressed and has surpassed just about everyone's expectations all around this season. Superstar? Not yet. In the future? Wouldn't doubt it.
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#22 » by Zombiesonics » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Pork N Chili wrote:The Palace needs to take a hint from the Ben Wallace days with the 'fros and sell Andre Drummond shoulder hair shoulder pads.

But yeah, Drummond has really impressed and has surpassed just about everyone's expectations all around this season. Superstar? Not yet. In the future? Wouldn't doubt it.

lol not sure dre is down with branding his shoulder hair. maybe braces instead? :lol:
DetPistons04
Sophomore
And1: 124

Post#23 » by DetPistons04 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:06 pm

Pork N Chili wrote:The Palace needs to take a hint from the Ben Wallace days with the 'fros and sell Andre Drummond shoulder hair shoulder pads.

LOL... That would be hilarious. Dre does have some fierce shoulder fur goin on...
"Count THAT baby, AND a foul!"
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#24 » by Kilo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:22 pm

Not for nothing, but that shoulder hair wouldn't be fun to play against either. Could get rug burn fighting for position or a rebound...
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Post#25 » by DETermination » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:35 pm

Do you guys think Drummond's amazing play this season gives him a better chance at making team USA next year?
Detroit vs Everybody
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#26 » by El Chivo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:39 pm

he has clearly improved and playing without Monroe is an addition by subtraction for him and the rest of the team.

in order to call him a superstar I want him to improve his help defense and p'n'r' defense... a freak like Dre has the duty to protect the rim more than he does right now.

also the quality of his picks can be upgraded.

so he average amazing stats being far from a finished product... WOW!

(I posted in the wrong topic)
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#27 » by joedumars1 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:32 pm

DETermination wrote:Do you guys think Drummond's amazing play this season gives him a better chance at making team USA next year?

He played for them in 14
DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Post#28 » by DETermination » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:42 pm

[quote="joedumars1"][quote="DETermination"]Do you guys think Drummond's amazing play this season gives him a better chance at making team USA next year?[/quote]
He played for them in 14[/quote]
I know but next year is different because its the Olympics. It will be harder to make the team.
Detroit vs Everybody
joedumars1
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by joedumars1 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:51 pm

DETermination wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:
DETermination wrote:Do you guys think Drummond's amazing play this season gives him a better chance at making team USA next year?

He played for them in 14

I know but next year is different because its the Olympics. It will be harder to make the team.
Do more people try out for the Olympic team? There's only one Center atm that I would consider on Dre's level that's Cousins. I still wouldn't trade Dre for him tho. I'd think he will make it.
treefi
Analyst
And1: 795

Post#30 » by treefi » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:44 pm

I don't want Drummond to play for the Olympic team. Loved the experience in 14 for him, but going forward he is a top 10(top 5 if he keeps up this level of play) player in the league. Why risk injury? Being 280+ pounds and the rebounding monster/alley oop freak of nature that he is -- I want every healthy minute of Drummond playing for the Detroit Pistons.

I want him training with Jackson, SVG.. workin' on free throws and post moves. Am I alone? :/
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#31 » by Spider156 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:56 pm

treefi wrote:I don't want Drummond to play for the Olympic team. Loved the experience in 14 for him, but going forward he is a top 10(top 5 if he keeps up this level of play) player in the league. Why risk injury? Being 280+ pounds and the rebounding monster/alley oop freak of nature that he is -- I want every healthy minute of Drummond playing for the Detroit Pistons.

I want him training with Jackson, SVG.. workin' on free throws and post moves. Am I alone? :/

Yeah. It's an honor for him to play for Team USA. It's a big deal. He'll be fine
Defense wins championships
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#32 » by detroitKG » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:28 pm

Just doing some thinking..and something hit me about Drummond's scoring. He's really done all of it on his own for the most part so far this season, so it'll be interesting to see where it ends up when his PnR with Jackson hits mid season form. Going to see CRAZY numbers by my estimation.
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#33 » by DocRI » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:43 pm

In Game 2 of the 1989 NBA Finals, the Bad Boys beat the Lakers 108-105. I was 12 years old, and I was disappointed. Mind you, we WON the damn game ... but it was the first playoff game that year we allowed 100 points. What can I say? I was a kid, and stuff like my team never allowing triple digits throughout the playoffs got me excited and mattered to me.

All these years later, I honestly expect I'm going to feel the same way whenever Dre's double-double streak ends. And that's the highest compliment I can pay to the complete and utter GREATNESS he's displaying right now; he makes me feel like a giddy pre-pubescent kid again who cares about fairly meaningless statistical accomplishments. I know I should know better, but damn it, I don't care. Or, to quote Bob Dylan, "I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now."
bballnmike
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Post#34 » by bballnmike » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:06 pm

DetPistons04 wrote:

LOL... That would be hilarious. Dre does have some fierce shoulder fur goin on...

If Anthony Davis has The Brow trademarked, Drummond should go for the shoulder hair. The leagues two best, young, and hairiest big men.
bballnmike
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Post#35 » by bballnmike » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:10 pm

DocRI wrote:In Game 2 of the 1989 NBA Finals, the Bad Boys beat the Lakers 108-105. I was 12 years old, and I was disappointed. Mind you, we WON the damn game ... but it was the first playoff game that year we allowed 100 points. What can I say? I was a kid, and stuff like my team never allowing triple digits throughout the playoffs got me excited and mattered to me.

All these years later, I honestly expect I'm going to feel the same way whenever Dre's double-double streak ends. And that's the highest compliment I can pay to the complete and utter GREATNESS he's displaying right now; he makes me feel like a giddy pre-pubescent kid again who cares about fairly meaningless statistical accomplishments. I know I should know better, but damn it, I don't care. Or, to quote Bob Dylan, "I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now."

That's like being disappointed that the Pistons won 89 - 71 in '04 after holding 5 straight opponents under 70 :D

Then again, the Nets tried realllly hard to score 71 points :lol:

http://amarillo.com/stories/2004/03/20/nba_pistons.shtml
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#36 » by Spider156 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:11 pm

I don't believe there's a chance Andre doesn't get a double double this season if he keeps playing around 30 mins. He's a machine. This is how he gets his numbers. Opponent shoots, misses, Dre rebounds, we shoot and miss, Dre tips it in. That's 2 pts and 2 rebs EASY!! I think the only way Drummond doesn't get a double double is if he doesn't score double digits and that means less than 5 tip ins AND alley oops. Only way I see that happening is if he gets in foul trouble. I haven't seen a bad game from him. The league has no answer! Zone defense has made the NBA so much softer and guys like Drummond are taking over. I'm surprised there aren't more players like him which shows you how rare his figure is. He's built from his legs up. No lifting necessary. Like I said, I had Dwight Howard expectations and he's exceeded that. That's crazy.
Defense wins championships
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#37 » by kurtis48239 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:58 pm

He is making a legit arguement who the better player between him and davis will be.As of now it looks like davis could go the way of being an injured player right on the verge if his body dosent hold up.Even if davis ends up that player,I would love if these players now a days would take wining over an extra 5-10 million.Could you imagine if dre/davis shared our front court.

I really cant wait to see what stan has up his sleve to bring in a pf who can hit shots and play defense,add jennings meeks coming back,we are going to look fierce next season.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by joedumars1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:22 am

kurtis48239 wrote:He is making a legit arguement who the better player between him and davis will be.As of now it looks like davis could go the way of being an injured player right on the verge if his body dosent hold up.Even if davis ends up that player,I would love if these players now a days would take wining over an extra 5-10 million.Could you imagine if dre/davis shared our front court.

I really cant wait to see what stan has up his sleve to bring in a pf who can hit shots and play defense,add jennings meeks coming back,we are going to look fierce next season.

I'm really happy with Stanley. He was my 2nd person I wanted behind Kristaps. Can you imagine if we didn't go on the win streaks and got a top 3 pick or so? I'm 100% positive SVG loved this guy, him and Dre would be nuts. I'm glad we went on the win streak tho and got SJ.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#39 » by Han Solo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:47 am

kurtis48239 wrote:He is making a legit arguement who the better player between him and davis will be.As of now it looks like davis could go the way of being an injured player right on the verge if his body dosent hold up.Even if davis ends up that player,I would love if these players now a days would take wining over an extra 5-10 million.Could you imagine if dre/davis shared our front court.

On my 2K16 my league.. Drummond and Anthony Davis both play for the Pistons (not sure what year I'm in).. traded for him with his last year of his contract with Pelicans.. :D
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#40 » by Han Solo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:48 am

Han Solo wrote:

On my 2K16 my league.. Drummond and Anthony Davis both play for the Pistons (not sure what year I'm in).. traded for him with his last year of his contract with Pelicans.. :D

Reggie jackson
Devin Booker
Stanley johnson
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond

year like 2019 i think :lol:

Return to Detroit Pistons