ImageImageImage

Game 16: Detroit Pistons (8-7) @ Former Seattle Supersonics (10-6)

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

PicheDreams
Rookie
And1: 113

Re: Game 16: Detroit Pistons (8-7) @ Former Seattle Supersonics (10-6) 

Post#381 » by PicheDreams » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:27 am

tolliver still trash
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#382 » by Liqourish » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:27 am

kurtis48239 wrote:
detroitKG wrote:Why are some of you so steaming mad over one game? We've been this inconsistent all year at every position not named Andre Drummond, who's having a rare off game....good god

It started when okc started making it personal and acting like ass holes.

And the refs let them do it and Detroit couldn't do it back. I don't mind gritty games, I don't mind tightly called games.... but make it consistent for BOTH teams.
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#383 » by detroitKG » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:27 am

DBC10 wrote:
Liqourish wrote:Are you guys crazy? The refs took Reggie and Dre out of this game. Literally. 5 fouls on Reggie, 4 on Drummond, 4 on Baynes, bad calls on Stanley and KCP. How do you expect a team to play through that? 5 technical fouls!! Pistons had the lead early but couldn't play 5 on 8, especially with our top 2 players on the bench most of the night.

This was a game where we were significantly better with RJ off the floor.

uh because we had to be...refs took him out of this game early and credit Steve Blake for holding us together as long as he did.
gusman
Analyst
And1: 355

Post#384 » by gusman » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:28 am

PicheDreams wrote:tolliver still trash

I think he is a good guy to have as a role player

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#385 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:29 am

detroitKG wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
detroitKG wrote:Why are some of you so steaming mad over one game? We've been this inconsistent all year at every position not named Andre Drummond, who's having a rare off game....good god

because effort is a decision made, you can consistenly bring effort and that wasn't there for Dre. This was RJ's chance to make a statement to his former team, we all know this was a statement game for him and all he did was confirm what OKC was saying about him. Selfish and inefficient. Its sad when our best offense is when Blakes running the show.

:lol: that is all. ONE game. ONE.

If you want to act like this was just another poor game for our team, then continue lying to yourself. This game had meaning, our players and our fans know that this game had meaning . To put on that kind of performance in a game that means something is something to b* about. There's no way we should have lost that game with RB being shut down.

we could very well win 10 straight after this, doesn't change the fact that this was poor by our franchise players.
detroitKG
RealGM

Post#386 » by detroitKG » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:29 am

Whatever on to the next one...now if we don't beat the Nets...feel free to flame and blow up lol
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#387 » by kurtis48239 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:29 am

Is the warriors game still on?
kurtis48239
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#388 » by kurtis48239 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:30 am

3 to go in the 2nd for the warrior game.
detroitKG
RealGM

Post#389 » by detroitKG » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:30 am

kurtis48239 wrote:Is the warriors game still on?

It is.
detroitKG
RealGM

Post#390 » by detroitKG » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:31 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
detroitKG wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
because effort is a decision made, you can consistenly bring effort and that wasn't there for Dre. This was RJ's chance to make a statement to his former team, we all know this was a statement game for him and all he did was confirm what OKC was saying about him. Selfish and inefficient. Its sad when our best offense is when Blakes running the show.

:lol: that is all. ONE game. ONE.

If you want to act like this was just another poor game for our team, then continue lying to yourself. This game had meaning, our players and our fans know that this game had meaning . To put on that kind of performance in a game that means something is something to b* about. There's no way we should have lost that game with RB being shut down.

we could very well win 10 straight after this, doesn't change the fact that this was poor by our franchise players.

:o Dude you need to calm down...it was a game on the road in November...maaaan
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#391 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:31 am

Liqourish wrote:Are you guys crazy? The refs took Reggie and Dre out of this game. Literally. 5 fouls on Reggie, 4 on Drummond, 4 on Baynes, bad calls on Stanley and KCP. How do you expect a team to play through that? 5 technical fouls!! Pistons had the lead early but couldn't play 5 on 8, especially with our top 2 players on the bench most of the night.

i believe we got our lead with our 2 best players on the bench and lost it when our franchise players returned. The refs didn't help with the superstar calls but they didn't cough up the lead, they didn't play selfish. We lost because RJ and Dre just didn't have it tonight. I put it most on RJ becuase he is suppose to be the leader.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#392 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:32 am

detroitKG wrote:

1.) i am calm
2.) I am just pointing out that calling this "just another game" is naive.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#393 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:36 am

detroitKG wrote:Everybody breathe its ok...we're a young and inconsistent team...games like this will happen...side note was this Reggie's revenge game or the RealGM Detroit Piston fan's revenge game...real talk lol

so your argument is that despite the poor exit in which RJ cried and posted all over social media, this doesn't mean anything to either team or players??????? Like i said, its naive to think , "it is just another game".
detroitKG
RealGM

Post#394 » by detroitKG » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:36 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
detroitKG wrote:

1.) i am calm

or the truth? was it important to RJ? absolutely, but he was hindered early with foul troubles and could never get it going. I mean it's not hard to understand or figure out. It was just another game and I wanted to win this game just like I want to win the Nets game. I mean come on now.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#395 » by mattao313 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:37 am

Eh the team as a whole really couldn't score in the 2nd half. I can't even blame this on Reggie either imo. When guys don't move when you have the ball what are you suppose to do? Drummond stopped playing aggressive because he got in foul trouble simple as that
Championships
Liqourish
RealGM

Post#396 » by Liqourish » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:37 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:

i believe we got our lead with our 2 best players on the bench and lost it when our franchise players returned. The refs didn't help with the superstar calls but they didn't cough up the lead, they didn't play selfish. We lost because RJ and Dre just didn't have it tonight. I put it most on RJ becuase he is suppose to be the leader.

Not exactly. Our lead started late in the first, Drummond was on the floor. And he was on the floor in the second when we were up 53-40, our biggest lead. We took Drummond out with 2 1/2 minutes left so he wouldn't pick up another foul, and OKC went on a 8-2 run to end the quarter. Which ignited Durant in the 3rd.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#397 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:39 am

detroitKG wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
detroitKG wrote:

1.) i am calm

or the truth? was it important to RJ? absolutely, but he was hindered early with foul troubles and could never get it going.

oh please, you'd have a point if we weren't a better team with him on the bench this game. Unfortunately we were.

I mean it's not hard to understand or figure out. It was just another game and I wanted to win this game just like I want to win the Nets game. I mean come on now.

This isn't 2k where players don't ahve emotions or don't care. Particularly RJ, who's known to be emotional. i can't believe this has to be explained.
Liqourish
RealGM

Post#398 » by Liqourish » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:40 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
detroitKG wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
1.) i am calm

or the truth? was it important to RJ? absolutely, but he was hindered early with foul troubles and could never get it going.

oh please, you'd have a point if we weren't a better team with him on the bench this game. Unfortunately we were.

I mean it's not hard to understand or figure out. It was just another game and I wanted to win this game just like I want to win the Nets game. I mean come on now.

This isn't 2k where players don't ahve emotions or don't care. Particularly RJ, who's known to be emotional. i can't believe this has to be explained.

I think this game meant much more to you than anyone else, apparently. :crazy:
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#399 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:42 am

Liqourish wrote:
Not exactly. Our lead started late in the first, Drummond was on the floor. And he was on the floor in the second when we were up 53-40, our biggest lead. We took Drummond out with 2 1/2 minutes left so he wouldn't pick up another foul, and OKC went on a 8-2 run to end the quarter. Which ignited Durant in the 3rd.

Durant can score 40 but if RJ's trying to score 40 on the other end and only getting 20. we aren't goign to win. This game didn't get ugly until RJ ball hogged in the 3rd. He literally looked off a open Illy to reset the ball and take a 3, 5 feet behind 3 point line as shot clock expired. He had at least 5-6 seperate plays in the 2nd half where he tried to take his man 1 on 1 on the switch and chucked up a ugly shot.

I'm more frustrated at dre forgiving up so early in the game. His effort and demonor were apparent. I am extremely frustrated with RJ, as he doesn't seem to realize his mistakes as he continues to repeat them every possession down the floor.
detroitKG
RealGM

Post#400 » by detroitKG » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:43 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
detroitKG wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
1.) i am calm

It does have to be explained because clearly you don't get that this was 1 game out of 82. It's fine to be emotionally invested but you have to check that emotion with some reality. At no point have I disagreed with you that this game meant something to RJ, so I don't get what your mad about on that note. He played poorly which no one is denying.

Return to Detroit Pistons