ImageImageImage

Is there an elite SG out there we could trade for?

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Is there an elite SG out there we could trade for? 

Post#81 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue May 3, 2016 12:03 am

Manocad wrote:Maybe the Pistons could trade KCP for a bucket of Chick Fil-A. That s**t is delicious.

sorry bud, don't got Chick Fil-A here but Popeyes Cajun strips or KFC Nashville chicken is my Sh*. I'll straight up kill for Chili's Chicken Crispers. but yes Pay KCP
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#82 » by DBC10 » Tue May 3, 2016 12:11 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Manocad wrote:Maybe the Pistons could trade KCP for a bucket of Chick Fil-A. That s**t is delicious.

sorry bud, don't got Chick Fil-A here but Popeyes Cajun strips or KFC Nashville chicken is my Sh*. I'll straight up kill for Chili's Chicken Crispers. but yes Pay KCP

You poor soul. Chick-Fil-A is literally a nectar from the gods in terms of chicken sandwiches.

I agree with Manocad, I'd trade KCP for a bucket of CFA sandwiches or nuggets. Waffle fries optional.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#83 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue May 3, 2016 12:17 am

DBC10 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

You poor soul. Chick-Fil-A is literally a nectar from the gods in terms of chicken sandwiches.

I agree with Manocad, I'd trade KCP for a bucket of CFA sandwiches or nuggets. Waffle fries optional.

whats worst is i still get to see all the mouth watering commercials just not the product, i be looking at Wendy's like "F* you ginger". lol
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#84 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue May 3, 2016 12:18 am

Bower: The biggest thing with young players, especially, is in order to improve they have to have to spend the time on the things they don't like or they don't do well. Because those are the biggest things to slow down their growth. In order to do that -- their instincts take over any time you're in a game situation -- the best improvement is day-to-day, repetition, repetition, repetition in an empty gym with a pin point focus on a particular skill or set of skills. Stanley's no different than the bulk of highly talented, highly rated young players coming into the league. They don't know until they get through their first year how much better they can be and how much better they would be if they added certain elements to their game. It's pretty hard to add a whole package, from year to year, but it is reasonable to have expectations to add one or two particular new elements to what you naturally do well now. When you're able to look at that over the course of a young player's development you've got a package put together by the time they've reached their third or fourth year in the league

When posters try to argue that KCP isn't the whole package despite clear improvement overall. :lol:
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#85 » by Manocad » Tue May 3, 2016 2:07 am

Todd3 wrote:Chick Fil-A? KCP is worth KFC at best. AT BEST.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,079

Post#86 » by MrBigShot » Tue May 3, 2016 2:11 am

DBC10 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

They would have to include a 2nd round drink and some coupon considerations for me to consider that deal.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#87 » by Manocad » Tue May 3, 2016 2:16 am

MrBigShot wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

They would have to include a 2nd round drink and some coupon considerations for me to consider that deal.

WHOA...hold up there, chief. This is KCP we're talking about here, not Drummond and Jackson. That's the only way you can expect to get a bucket, fries, a drink AND coupons.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: Re: Re: Is there an elite SG out there we could trade for? 

Post#88 » by Pharaoh » Tue May 3, 2016 2:31 am

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Bower: The biggest thing with young players, especially, is in order to improve they have to have to spend the time on the things they don't like or they don't do well. Because those are the biggest things to slow down their growth. In order to do that -- their instincts take over any time you're in a game situation -- the best improvement is day-to-day, repetition, repetition, repetition in an empty gym with a pin point focus on a particular skill or set of skills. Stanley's no different than the bulk of highly talented, highly rated young players coming into the league. They don't know until they get through their first year how much better they can be and how much better they would be if they added certain elements to their game. It's pretty hard to add a whole package, from year to year, but it is reasonable to have expectations to add one or two particular new elements to what you naturally do well now. When you're able to look at that over the course of a young player's development you've got a package put together by the time they've reached their third or fourth year in the league

When posters try to argue that KCP isn't the whole package despite clear improvement overall. :lol:

THIS!
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#89 » by sc8581 » Tue May 3, 2016 6:21 pm

Manocad wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
Manocad wrote:You're voting for Hillary, aren't you? You know, being that she's the best candidate.

Anybody that votes for president is a sucker

Which is to imply that not voting gives you some societal advantage over those who do vote. I'd love to hear your dissertation on how that makes sense, but I'm certain there isn't one.

There are no real options to vote for, plus Congress is more of a joke than Hardens defense.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by sc8581 » Tue May 3, 2016 6:26 pm

Manocad wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
Manocad wrote:Yes, and "suck" is a synonym for "weak."

" Weakest" is not the word you should be paying attention to, it's "position".

Did you get dropped on your head as a baby?

Let me make this simple...given that the Pistons have Reggie Jackson and Andre Drummond, when people look at the Pistons I doubt they say "Their weakest two positions are center and point guard."

People say a lot of things. Reggie's defense is very concerning and we have nothing at backup PG. Andre puts up empty numbers on both ends, he's also a liability on both ends and the team isn't built to fit his talents, or lack thereof except for the pick and roll with Reggie which doesn't happen that often anyway.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#91 » by MotownMadness » Tue May 3, 2016 7:30 pm

sc8581 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
" Weakest" is not the word you should be paying attention to, it's "position".

Did you get dropped on your head as a baby?

Let me make this simple...given that the Pistons have Reggie Jackson and Andre Drummond, when people look at the Pistons I doubt they say "Their weakest two positions are center and point guard."

People say a lot of things. Reggie's defense is very concerning and we have nothing at backup PG. Andre puts up empty numbers on both ends, he's also a liability on both ends and the team isn't built to fit his talents, or lack thereof except for the pick and roll with Reggie which doesn't happen that often anyway.

Without those two this would probably be around a 30 win team and not a 44 win playoff team. They both absolutely impact the game.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#92 » by SAKURABA216 » Tue May 3, 2016 8:19 pm

I dont think SG was our problem in the playoffs. Lack of a bench is what sunk us so I would rather spend our resources addressing backup PG and scoring off the bench instead of upgrading KCP.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#93 » by sc8581 » Tue May 3, 2016 8:20 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
Manocad wrote:Did you get dropped on your head as a baby?

Without those two this would probably be around a 30 win team and not a 44 win playoff team. They both absolutely impact the game.

You're right, with Blake and Baynes starting they are much worse, big shock there. If Reggie and Dre were replaced by average starters at their positions this team is just as good, probably better.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#94 » by MotownMadness » Tue May 3, 2016 8:35 pm

sc8581 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

You're right, with Blake and Baynes starting they are much worse, big shock there. If Reggie and Dre were replaced by average starters at their positions this team is just as good, probably better.

I don't even know how to respond to that. If they were replaced by average starters? Is that you Maker :lol:
Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Re: Re: Re: Is there an elite SG out there we could trade for? 

Post#95 » by Todd3 » Tue May 3, 2016 9:02 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

THIS!

He's going into his 4th year and his package consists of below average shooting, playmaking, and scoring off the dribble, and no post game.

2016 Starting SG Rankings:

Points of Drives: 17th (2.3 ppg)
FG% off Drives: 24th (43% FG)
Assists: 24th (1.8 apg)
3pt %: 27th (31% 3FG)
Catch & Shoot FG%: 30th (34% FG)
Pull-Up FG%: 20th (36% FG)

Off Screen: Among all players (all positions) with at least 80 FGAs off screens this year (his was 84), he ranks 36th of 36 players in FG% (30%), eFG% (35%), and PPP (0.68).

I don't think that is the type of package Bower was talking about that a top prospect should have by his 3rd/4th year.

If Stanley has production/efficiency like that going into his 4th year, no one is going to be pleased with how his skills are developing for an 8th overall pick.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by sc8581 » Tue May 3, 2016 9:09 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Without those two this would probably be around a 30 win team and not a 44 win playoff team. They both absolutely impact the game.

I don't even know how to respond to that. If they were replaced by average starters? Is that you Maker :lol:

I would put both guys in the average starter category, thing is, most of the guys I have ahead of them would fit much better with Harris, KCP and Morris.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#97 » by MotownMadness » Tue May 3, 2016 9:14 pm

sc8581 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

I would put both guys in the average starter category, thing is, most of the guys I have ahead of them would fit much better with Harris, KCP and Morris.

Just cause it's funny who are the average starters better then them?
Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Post#98 » by Todd3 » Tue May 3, 2016 9:22 pm

sc8581 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

There is a reason the Cavs focused their whole game plan around stopping Reggie and Drummond, and dared Harris/KCP/Morris to beat them instead.

Opposing game plans will tell you loud and clear who your best players are, and you shouldn't even need that to know it's Reggie and Drummond.
ImHeisenberg
Head Coach
And1: 2,323

Post#99 » by ImHeisenberg » Tue May 3, 2016 10:03 pm

Jimmy Butler, if you want to give Chicago every one of your draft picks for the next decade.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is there an elite SG out there we could trade for? 

Post#100 » by Pharaoh » Tue May 3, 2016 11:26 pm

Todd3 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:

THIS!

He's going into his 4th year and his package consists of below average shooting, playmaking, and scoring off the dribble, and no post game.

2016 Starting SG Rankings:

Points of Drives: 17th (2.3 ppg)
FG% off Drives: 24th (43% FG)
Assists: 24th (1.8 apg)
3pt %: 27th (31% 3FG)
Catch & Shoot FG%: 30th (34% FG)
Pull-Up FG%: 20th (36% FG)

Off Screen: Among all players (all positions) with at least 80 FGAs off screens this year (his was 84), he ranks 36th of 36 players in FG% (30%), eFG% (35%), and PPP (0.68).

I don't think that is the type of package Bower was talking about that a top prospect should have by his 3rd/4th year.

If Stanley has production/efficiency like that going into his 4th year, no one is going to be pleased with how his skills are developing for an 8th overall pick.

Can you post KCPs numbers from March through to the conclusion of the playoffs please?

Just wanna see if there's much difference since perception was he improved as the season progressed

Return to Detroit Pistons