Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Detroit Muscle VS Cuddly Canadian Dino's OCT 19 7:30 

Post#141 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:22 am

joedumars1 wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Ish is definitely a quality guy to have as your second PG... but we're gonna need Reggie back to have a playoff quality offense.

truth

I hope or can't wait to see what our team looks like with ish leading the 2nd group and RJ in the first. I would imagine at times our bench unit may outplay our starters.

Agree. Hoping we can stay .500 or 2-3 games over before RJ comes back. 2-3 games over would be sweet. Hopefully Rj comes back and has no set backs too

one thing making me feel better is that last year, we had a less talented and younger team before the allstar break and still made the playoffs. We have a significantly more talented team and depth as well as players returning and familiar with our O and D schemes. If your a betting man, chances are more likely than not that we can at least remain at .500 through 20 games. NBA's a different beast, but SVG is also a amazing coach.
Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Re: RE: Re: Detroit Muscle VS Cuddly Canadian Dino's OCT 19 7:30 

Post#142 » by Todd3 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:13 am

Manocad wrote:
TSE wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:KCP
12-25 FGs
7-13 3s
last 2 games

Unfortunately both still averaged out to their career % overall on the preseason, so it's hard to tell if it's improvement or just law of averages after starting poor, but maybe they can carry some momentum from this into the season.

:lol:
And the narrative changes yet again.

Player has one crappy game..."Look how he started...he'll never improve, start someone else in his place."

Player improves the next game..."Just the law of averages!"

It's the same narrative. You're just an idiot.

He had 4 crappy games, 1 great one, and then got dominated again vs Derozan.

35% FG% & 31% 3P overall is not improvement. It's bench player numbers. Guys who get hot once in a while but can't sustain it come off the bench. Guys who routinely get abused by the elite at their position don't deserve elite money. Do I need to say it a thousand more times?
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Detroit Muscle VS Cuddly Canadian Dino's OCT 19 7:30 

Post#143 » by Pharaoh » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:58 am

Todd3 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
TSE wrote:
Unfortunately both still averaged out to their career % overall on the preseason, so it's hard to tell if it's improvement or just law of averages after starting poor, but maybe they can carry some momentum from this into the season.

Player has one crappy game..."Look how he started...he'll never improve, start someone else in his place."

35% FG% & 31% 3P overall is not improvement. It's bench player numbers. Guys who get hot once in a while but can't sustain it come off the bench. Guys who routinely get abused by the elite at their position don't deserve elite money. Do I need to say it a thousand more times?

Define elite money please

Cause if elite money for a SG is now $25 mil and role player is $17 mil paying KCP $20 mil is fair Toddo
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#144 » by Kilo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:26 am

$20M a year for KCP is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#145 » by Pharaoh » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:46 am

Kilo wrote:$20M a year for KCP is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

How ya doing Gwen?

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#146 » by Manocad » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:03 pm

TSE wrote:
Manocad wrote:
TSE wrote:

An idiot? Tsk tsk. There are rules here about personal attacks on posters.

See, here's the thing...KCP is going to be the starting SG whether you voice your disagreement a thousand times or a million times. That decision has been made by people who've forgotten more about basketball than you'll ever know. You should probably start getting used to the idea.

Or put more energy into getting that job running the Tigers.
DocRI
Starter
And1: 762

Post#147 » by DocRI » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:43 pm

I'm only going to say this once, and I'm going to do it as nicely as I can without pointing any fingers — if EVERY GAME THREAD this season degenerates into a debate about KCP the way EVERY PRESEASON GAME THREAD has so far, I'm going to wear out the "!" button and report every post as derailing. And I call upon all other posters on this board to join me and do the same. Mods, you are going to be absolutely sick of me!

I'm serious, guys (and you all know who you are, on both sides of the issue) — you're making this board almost unreadable. Either "get a room" (i.e. create a "KCP Debate Containment Thread") or knock it off. Some of us want to discuss and read about other matters relating to our team.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#148 » by mattao313 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:06 pm

DocRI wrote:I'm only going to say this once, and I'm going to do it as nicely as I can without pointing any fingers — if EVERY GAME THREAD this season degenerates into a debate about KCP the way EVERY PRESEASON GAME THREAD has so far, I'm going to wear out the "!" button and report every post as derailing. And I call upon all other posters on this board to join me and do the same. Mods, you are going to be absolutely sick of me!

I'm serious, guys (and you all know who you are, on both sides of the issue) — you're making this board almost unreadable. Either "get a room" (i.e. create a "KCP Debate Containment Thread") or knock it off. Some of us want to discuss and read about other matters relating to our team.

Yeah I have decided to not participate in these KCP debates any longer cause I know I was one of those guys, its gotten ridiculous it may have surpassed the Greg Monroe stuff when I first got here.
Championships
Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Post#149 » by Todd3 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Manocad wrote:
TSE wrote:
Manocad wrote: :lol:

An idiot? Tsk tsk. There are rules here about personal attacks on posters.

See, here's the thing...KCP is going to be the starting SG whether you voice your disagreement a thousand times or a million times. That decision has been made by people who've forgotten more about basketball than you'll ever know. You should probably start getting used to the idea.

Or put more energy into getting that job running the Tigers.

Do these rules only apply to me? lol

Manocad wrote:
Todd3 wrote:What happened to the 40% you predicted in the other thread? lol

My narrative is (and has always been) that they need consistent & efficient shooters to space the court (who don't waste possessions chucking ill-advised shots at a low %) in order to win a championship. Because that is the rule for all championship teams. Because team with ill-fitting parts who play dumb basketball don't win championships.

I don't consider KCP taking 3s whenever he wants at 33% to meet that criteria. If you believe otherwise, you're entitled to that opinion, but there's no precedent to support it.

You've been eating reetard sandwiches again, son.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1484118&start=240#p49511670

LOL. That works both ways.

I don't watch baseball either. Never have, never will. You've been eating delusion sandwiches again.
DeKobe DeBryant
Analyst
And1: 4,633

Post#150 » by DeKobe DeBryant » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:31 pm

Pharaoh wrote:I'd love for us to face Toronto in the playoffs.

Key in on their backcourt and BOOM they die.

For such a successful team they're really thin.

That pretty much happened and we made the ECF.

Our bench carried us in the first round, and kept us in every series which allowed Lowry/DeRozan the chance to have those big games when it mattered.

We have a great bench.

- Credit to TurboZone for the signature!
DeKobe DeBryant
Analyst
And1: 4,633

Post#151 » by DeKobe DeBryant » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
nobody is attacking the rim.
Doesn't matter. It's a preseason game, and it's obvious they are getting Marcus into a shooting rythem for the regular season after having missed preseason games.

The only team trying to win a preseason game here is Toronto, and by the looks of it, they are still going to be Lowery and DeRozans ragtag group from the north. A shallow and one trick team.

It's amazing to me to watch them do the exact same thing over and over and over as if it's this time they can win this way.

Pistons are using the game for what it is; running new plays, finding out who fits and who doesnt, getting players into rhythm, and practice. Not getting two players 85 shots who apparently have something to prove in a preseason game.

Of course, then again, their coach is amongst the worst in the league so it kinda makes sense?

For 2+years they have been phenomenal in the regular season to only be exposed in the post season and every year they come back with essentially the same team.

See, I would actually agree with this post if this was after the 2015 playoffs. I thought the same thing but after we just made the ECF and took Cleveland to 6, how can you even say that?

Yes, we played ugly basketball in the playoffs and looked bad, but we were pretty good statistically. Our defense was one of the best in the league and our bench was among the league's best as well. Lowry and DeRozan were super inconsistent but they had amazing games when we really needed a win.

Last year, we added Carroll, Biyombo, Joseph, Thompson, Powell, and Wright. That isn't even close to the team that we had in the 2014-2015 season. We added a lot of depth and filled the holes in our team that allowed us to take the next step.

- Credit to TurboZone for the signature!
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#152 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:14 am

DeKobe DeBryant wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Doesn't matter. It's a preseason game, and it's obvious they are getting Marcus into a shooting rythem for the regular season after having missed preseason games.

The only team trying to win a preseason game here is Toronto, and by the looks of it, they are still going to be Lowery and DeRozans ragtag group from the north. A shallow and one trick team.

It's amazing to me to watch them do the exact same thing over and over and over as if it's this time they can win this way.

Pistons are using the game for what it is; running new plays, finding out who fits and who doesnt, getting players into rhythm, and practice. Not getting two players 85 shots who apparently have something to prove in a preseason game.

Of course, then again, their coach is amongst the worst in the league so it kinda makes sense?

For 2+years they have been phenomenal in the regular season to only be exposed in the post season and every year they come back with essentially the same team.

See, I would actually agree with this post if this was after the 2015 playoffs. I thought the same thing but after we just made the ECF and took Cleveland to 6, how can you even say that?

Yes, we played ugly basketball in the playoffs and looked bad, but we were pretty good statistically. Our defense was one of the best in the league and our bench was among the league's best as well. Lowry and DeRozan were super inconsistent but they had amazing games when we really needed a win.

Last year, we added Carroll, Biyombo, Joseph, Thompson, Powell, and Wright. That isn't even close to the team that we had in the 2014-2015 season. We added a lot of depth and filled the holes in our team that allowed us to take the next step.

Hey bud welcome to the Board, great response.

I mean to say that Carrol, Biyombo, Joseph , Thompson, Powell and Wright are good but not great playes. It wouldn't take much to replace or upgrade those players but I also credit Tor w doing a phenomenal job of paying FMV for those players. Toronto's on the cusp of a contender but i still don't think they've added that final piece.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#153 » by Pharaoh » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:17 am

DeKobe DeBryant wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:Doesn't matter. It's a preseason game, and it's obvious they are getting Marcus into a shooting rythem for the regular season after having missed preseason games.

Lost Biyombo...and that's huge.

Added Sullinger who might be a decent plug in but again:

Lowry, CJ
DeRozan, Powell
Carroll, Ross
PatPat, Sully
JV

That's a thin team man.

No real rim protection, limited outside shooting beyond a few, limited ability to create off the bounce

IMO teams that key in on Lowry and force the ball out of his hands or make his night tough as will have an easier time since DeRozan is the only other dude that can really create something out of nothing

Toronto is blessed to have JV that they can use as a bail out option all the while using his weaknesses as the scapegoat!

When the guards don't have a shot you throw it into JV and make him earn it...and when that doesn't work he gets the blame.

It's like some Piston fans whining that Dre gets beat in the paint without pointing the finger at RJs turnstile defense!

But I like the Raps. Got some players I really like and some old time posters on here were great to me back in the day (probably long gone by now)

dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#154 » by dVs33 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:59 pm

Todd3 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
TSE wrote:

No personal attacks please. Just stay on topic
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#155 » by hoophabit » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:30 pm

DeKobe DeBryant wrote:See, I would actually agree with this post if this was after the 2015 playoffs. I thought the same thing but after we just made the ECF and took Cleveland to 6, how can you even say that?

Yes, they have come a ways, and represented well in the playoffs last year. I like your young rookie big man, and the Raps are a solid and deep team. Unless they're playing my home team, I'm generally wishing them well. Thanks for stopping by. :wink:

Return to Detroit Pistons