LeMarcus Aldridge

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: LeMarcus Aldridge 

Post#21 » by Pharaoh » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:31 am

I see no point in trading for LMA - he simply doesn't fit

We don't have shooters to take full advantage of the Dre/RJ PnR so certainly don't have the shooters to roll with an isolated LMA

The guys we should want are dudes like Millsap, Draymond, Batum etc Guys who can make plays without completely pounding the air out of the ball

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Re: LeMarcus Aldridge 

Post#22 » by tmorgan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:39 am

Cowology wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Pop is a genius and Kawhi is a stud, but I really don't think LMA is moving the needle much on San Antonio. He's a classic "good to very good" kind of player, able to score but only somewhat efficiently, able to defend but only somewhat effectively.

He's also a very iso-friendly player, sort of like a souped up (and taller) Marcus Morris. Those kind of guys will often stall an offense no matter how good they actually are, because they don't promote points in transition or off cuts, and can negatively affect the numbers of their teammates who don't feel involved. In short, wannabe stars that don't pass effectively can often be a net neutral or slight positive despite the gaudy numbers. See Carmelo Anthony, Allen Iverson, DeMarcus Cousins, and countless others.

Another way of looking at it -- "I can get mine" will keep you in the NBA and even make you a star, but it doesn't win titles.
Did somebody say Adrian Dantley? :P

The Pistons' (elder) Adrian Dantley was kinda like that, yes. Younger Dantley was a seriously efficient scorer, though... living at the line, mostly. Defense was always sketchy, though.

Return to Detroit Pistons