All things KCP

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

bballnmike
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Re: All things KCP 

Post#841 » by bballnmike » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:23 pm

rmfc wrote:
Blkbrd671 wrote:love our board, it seems when our players start to develop into good players, we get bored and want new toys to debate about.

And some "fans" start posting only when the team is struggling. Not to mention, the content of those boring posts is always the same -- "every random dude in the NBA is better than the current Piston".

So many posters coming out of the woodwork during that losing streak. Lots of X > Drummond / Reggie / etc. threads. One nice win and it settles back down again
sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#842 » by sc8581 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:25 pm

In SVG We Trust wrote:
El Chivo wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:

Can anyone name 5 SGs that are clearly better than KCP?

I love KCP since pre-draft talks, but come on... Harden, Thompson, Beal, Jimmy Buckets (even if he's playing more minutes at 3, this year), DeRozan.

Harden, Thompson, Butler and DeRozan are clearly the best SGs in this league, but KCP is on the next tier. Beal isn't as good as his stats said.

Harden is basically a PG now, Butler has been playing SF almost exclusively this year, DeRozan doesn't defend very well and can't shoot, Klay I like a lot but how much of his success is dependent on the talent around him? KCP is right there and could be more valuable if given the chance to run the offense more, not saying it's a given, I just want to see more so we know what we have in him.
In SVG We Trust
Starter
And1: 1,399

Post#843 » by In SVG We Trust » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:35 pm

I still don't believe in Dre. He's a good guy, he's still very young and could improve, but I don't see his game translate to be successful, especially on the Playoffs.

I think he has a high value and we could get something interesting trading him.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#844 » by El Chivo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:28 pm

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#845 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:34 pm

sc8581 wrote:
In SVG We Trust wrote:
El Chivo wrote:

I love KCP since pre-draft talks, but come on... Harden, Thompson, Beal, Jimmy Buckets (even if he's playing more minutes at 3, this year), DeRozan.

Harden, Thompson, Butler and DeRozan are clearly the best SGs in this league, but KCP is on the next tier. Beal isn't as good as his stats said.

Harden is basically a PG now, Butler has been playing SF almost exclusively this year, DeRozan doesn't defend very well and can't shoot, Klay I like a lot but how much of his success is dependent on the talent around him? KCP is right there and could be more valuable if given the chance to run the offense more, not saying it's a given, I just want to see more so we know what we have in him.

DeRozen can't shoot 3's well, but he is deadly from Mid-Range like Rip was. Plus, he is one of the best SG's in the NBA period.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#846 » by sc8581 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:50 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
In SVG We Trust wrote:Harden, Thompson, Butler and DeRozan are clearly the best SGs in this league, but KCP is on the next tier. Beal isn't as good as his stats said.

DeRozen can't shoot 3's well, but he is deadly from Mid-Range like Rip was. Plus, he is one of the best SG's in the NBA period.

Absolutely but so is KCP and if Reggie wasn't around he would have the numbers to be brought up in the discussion on a regular basis.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#847 » by ComboGuardCity » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:03 pm

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we have atleast 5 more years of KCP
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#848 » by DBC10 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:06 pm

sc8581 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

Absolutely but so is KCP and if Reggie wasn't around he would have the numbers to be brought up in the discussion on a regular basis.

Some of his pull up midranges coming off a screen has been very Derozan-esque this season too. If he can develop a slashing game coming off those screens to make defenses pay, I think he has a chance to be right there behind Jimmy Butler.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#849 » by sc8581 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:59 pm

DBC10 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Some of his pull up midranges coming off a screen has been very Derozan-esque this season too. If he can develop a slashing game coming off those screens to make defenses pay, I think he has a chance to be right there behind Jimmy Butler.

Space in the paint would help him and he would get to the line more too, DeRozan lives at the FT line.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#850 » by DBC10 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:46 am

sc8581 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:

Space in the paint would help him and he would get to the line more too, DeRozan lives at the FT line.

Yeah Dre has a habit of clogging the paint and demanding the ball with his useless post ups. I imagine if we had a smarter and more aware center, our guards and forwards would be able to live at the line.
In SVG We Trust
Starter
And1: 1,399

Post#851 » by In SVG We Trust » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:51 am

DBC10 wrote:
sc8581 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

Yeah Dre has a habit of clogging the paint and demanding the ball with his useless post ups. I imagine if we had a smarter and more aware center, our guards and forwards would be able to live at the line.

#GETNOELCAMPAIGN
JohnReese
Senior
And1: 270

Post#852 » by JohnReese » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:11 pm

I missed this thread, we need to keep it alive.

If we want to use KCP as our primary scorer we should use the Hawks style with Korver. They used to do a lot plays that involved many screens to give him good spots.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#853 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:50 pm

we do, moments like these i almost miss Todd
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#854 » by Invictus88 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:36 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:we do, moments like these i almost miss Todd

Nope. :)

And he's around; just wearing another diguise. Publicly admitting he was wrong about a player would be the death of him.

Return to Detroit Pistons