Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Re: Official Trade Thread 

Post#1182 » by DBC10 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Jkam31 wrote:How do you guys feel about Collison and Afflalo for Jackson

Is WCS available, I'd rather have that than those two.

Or if you're making a playoff push, maybe your 1st?
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

Post#1183 » by Jkam31 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:54 pm

DBC10 wrote:

Is WCS available, I'd rather have that than those two.

Or if you're making a playoff push, maybe your 1st?

We can't trade our 1st but I'm sure Vlade would give up WCS in the deal if we got a big back maybe Laeur

Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,106

Post#1184 » by Kilo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Issue with Collison is his pending UFA status, so he's basically a half season rental - albeit we'd have his full bird rights. Afflalo is a very old 31 yrs old and IIRC there is an option on his contract - is it a TO or PO? I think he'd basically cap fodder in the deal and we'd want to be able to get out from under his contract ASAP.

Maybe something like Jackson and Mook Morris for Collison, Afflalo and Cauley-Stein.

Though Willie might not be the type of player Stan wants around Dre - and sorta wouldn't have a position here behind Dre and Leuer and Boban playing Ce as well. I guess in trading Mook, we'd be opening up more minutes for Harris a the three and thus Leuer at the four, so maybe Leuer would be the starting four with Harris, WCS and Ellenson getting the back-up minutes there and Tobias and Stanley splitting the SF minutes.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Re: RE: Re: Official Trade Thread 

Post#1185 » by rmfc » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Canadafan wrote:Ish and Baynes for Rubio :nod:

Now this is a good trade.

Not sure what's up with all these randomplayers-for-RJ trade proposals.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#1186 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:45 pm

Canadafan wrote:wtf, your logic is all over the place, he values defense doesn't mean he wouldn't trade for melo at the right price. In context of the discussion of Rubio, again, you simply need to watch one game and understand that while he's most certainly has a high bball iq, it doesn't make up for his other deficiencies. I am not willing to ignore that, and i have been the most critical of RJ. if we are trading for Rubio, Ish smith would make the most sense.

I bet this is what SVG/Bower was trying for. Timberwolves probably countered by asking for Reggie. Ish and Baynes for Rubio :nod:[/quote]

i would think actually this closer to the truth as ish smith and the type of pg he is , is exactly what a young twolves team needs. Don't know about baynes.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#1187 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:47 pm

idk, don't hate it, but feel its selling really low on RJ. almost rather take a shot at Rubio. WCS would be nice, but he'd be on the bench most of the season
Pandev
Sophomore
And1: 108

Post#1188 » by Pandev » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:13 am

Agree, it is selling very low on Jackson... consider the fact that we traded Jenning and Ersan for Tobias last season.

I think we're better off standing pat with him unless a Lillard falls into our lap.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#1189 » by Han Solo » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:13 am

Jackson is worth more than we're giving him credit for.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#1190 » by MotownMadness » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:46 am

Trade Drummond now
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#1191 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:30 am

Han Solo wrote:Jackson is worth more than we're giving him credit for.

He's worth what other teams offer

How many teams would want him?

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#1192 » by BDM22 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:37 am

MotownMadness wrote:Trade Drummond now

I'm glad the Pistons FO isn't this dramatic after every loss.

If you go into the trade market thinking you MUST trade some specific players, you're probably going to get total garbage in return.

If something good comes along, then yeah, pull the damn trigger (regardless of who it is).
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,687

Post#1193 » by Cowology » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:03 am

Let's not act like people are reacting to a single loss. People are reacting to what has been season (and career) long poor defensive effort and proficiency. I'm not going to advocate trading Dre when their are not better options out there, but this is hardly a case of nitpicking a single loss. These are the exact same criticisms he had in college and coming into the draft. It's why he dropped. And it's been on display for 4+ seasons and nearly 350 games.

I won't speak for anybody else... but it's really hard to root for a guy who isn't giving the effort. There are guys with much less talent and far fewer natural gifts who I'd rather watch compete on a nightly basis. Would that make us a better team? No, I reckon not. But I would tune in to watch a team of guys competing their asses off, even if they came up short every single night. This crap? It's not Pistons basketball and it's hard to love a team that won't play hard for their fans. Just my .02
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1194 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:11 am

Cowology wrote:Let's not act like people are reacting to a single loss. People are reacting to what has been season (and career) long poor defensive effort and proficiency. I'm not going to advocate trading Dre when their are not better options out there, but this is hardly a case of nitpicking a single loss. These are the exact same criticisms he had in college and coming into the draft. It's why he dropped. And it's been on display for 4+ seasons and nearly 350 games.

I won't speak for anybody else... but it's really hard to root for a guy who isn't giving the effort. There are guys with much less talent and far fewer natural gifts who I'd rather watch compete on a nightly basis. Would that make us a better team? No, I reckon not. But I would tune in to watch a team of guys competing their asses off, even if they came up short every single night. This crap? It's not Pistons basketball and it's hard to love a team that won't play hard for their fans. Just my .02

And mine too!

Amen brother

Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#1195 » by Canadafan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:51 am

^And 1!^
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#1196 » by BDM22 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:06 am

Cowology wrote:Let's not act like people are reacting to a single loss. People are reacting to what has been season (and career) long poor defensive effort and proficiency. I'm not going to advocate trading Dre when their are not better options out there, but this is hardly a case of nitpicking a single loss. These are the exact same criticisms he had in college and coming into the draft. It's why he dropped. And it's been on display for 4+ seasons and nearly 350 games.

I agree. I'm just saying we reeeally can't afford to take pennies on the dollar just to "Trade Drummond now".

Would I rather watch someone go out there every night and bust their ass even if they've got less talent and aren't going to put up the numbers? Sure. But let's remember that Aron Baynes goes out and busts his ass every night yet you don't see many people clamoring to see more Baynes.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1197 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:37 am

Plenty of teams would want Dre...

RJ is the difficult one to move

mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#1198 » by mattao313 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:10 am

BDM22 wrote:I agree. I'm just saying we reeeally can't afford to take pennies on the dollar just to "Trade Drummond now".

Would I rather watch someone go out there every night and bust their ass even if they've got less talent and aren't going to put up the numbers? Sure. But let's remember that Aron Baynes goes out and busts his ass every night yet you don't see many people clamoring to see more Baynes.

I don't think MotownMadness or anyone here wants to trade him for pennies on the dollar. If anything they want to sell high on him.
Championships
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#1199 » by mattao313 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:17 am

Pharaoh wrote:Plenty of teams would want Dre...

RJ is the difficult one to move

I don't think either would be hard to move, its just more about getting the right return for them.
Championships
bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 392

Post#1200 » by bjones521 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:22 am

I think SVG needs to do anything he can to get rid of Jackson. Is Dre awful defensively yes. But I think its just a compound problem stemmed from how poor Jackson is also. In my opinion 3 main things are the pistons problem. 3pt shooting, Ball movement and Defense. RJ is responsible for all 3. I imagine, If Dre played on a team with more spacing how I'd think he fair, (Indy, Portland, Lakers, tons of team) I think he'd look much better than he does now. He gets collapsed on, on ever single play offensively and defensively bc teams play us on the elbows/go under every screen ect.

Return to Detroit Pistons