ImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Re: Official Trade Thread 

Post#1941 » by coordinator0 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:06 pm

It's not like there's any room for Williams. Jackson and Smith take up all the point guard minutes and Caldwell-Pope is still going to be playing over 30 at shooting guard. Only scraps left at the two which Johnson has been taking up lately. Don't think anybody wants to see Stanley's role decreased given his improved play lately.

If Reggie is moved then maybe but it's not like Lou is actually a point guard either.
Ghost
Bench Warmer
And1: 509

Post#1942 » by Ghost » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:19 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
RasheedTupac wrote:Pistons should be looking to deal for Lou Williams and Hezonja

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I keep thinking about trying to get Lou Williams but I can't find a way to do it without giving up a 1st and I'm not willing to do that.

Could do a 3 team deal. Above you said you'd be willing to trade Morris for a first. Flip that first for Lou.

Problem is minutes ... but what if we also moved Jackson? Then Lou could play backup SG/PG.
I mean, I don't know. I wouldn't do it.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#1943 » by MotownMadness » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Ghost wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
RasheedTupac wrote:Pistons should be looking to deal for Lou Williams and Hezonja

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I keep thinking about trying to get Lou Williams but I can't find a way to do it without giving up a 1st and I'm not willing to do that.

Could do a 3 team deal. Above you said you'd be willing to trade Morris for a first. Flip that first for Lou.

Problem is minutes ... but what if we also moved Jackson? Then Lou could play backup SG/PG.
I mean, I don't know. I wouldn't do it.

Yeah scratch Lou, like the above poster said we don't really have mins for him anyways.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1944 » by MotownMadness » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Lol

Apparently there's a 3 team rumor between Det, LAL and Orl saying one of Lou or Hezonja is coming here. Please be Hezonja
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1945 » by MotownMadness » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Buckle up folks..some random 3-tm trade rumors floating around. Hez or Lou to DET, DJ & 2017 1st to LAL, Rjax to Orl
Read on Twitter

1:07 PM - 16 Feb 2017

Take that with a grain of salt but it's something :lol:
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#1946 » by theBigLip » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:17 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Buckle up folks..some random 3-tm trade rumors floating around. Hez or Lou to DET, DJ & 2017 1st to LAL, Rjax to Orl
Read on Twitter

1:07 PM - 16 Feb 2017

Take that with a grain of salt but it's something :lol:

Interesting. I'm sure LA and Orlando are both going to be active in the trade market. They have absolutely given up on this year and are in full tank mode. As long as we don't give up too much, I'm down.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#1947 » by DBC10 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:33 pm

^Same. Yesterday might've been a good way to salvage his value a bit.

Either that, I really don't want to gamble with his constant knee pains and his lack of playmaking on this team. This team is more than up to snuff to fill the void that RJ would leave. I'd love Hezonja since I think he' still salvageable.
coordinator0
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,311

Post#1948 » by coordinator0 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

First of all, who is Bruce Tennen? I don't have any reasonable hope that any of this is going down since I've never heard of him before. It's nice to specualte though.

Jackson, Bullock, Udrih, and a protected 2018 1st round pick for Payton, Hezonja, and Williams would be great. Still don't think there would be much room for Williams or Hezonja without cutting Johnson's minutes but the added talent is worth it. So is the cap space opened up to keep Detroit under the luxury tax this summer.

Jackson and Hilliard for Hezonja and Williams would be cool too. Nothing special, but Williams could replace his iso scoring ability while not demanding to be a focal point. Hezonja is a guy I'm still high on as a prospect and I'm not particularly surprised he hasn't panned out yet. Drafting Mario was always going to be a project that takes two or three years.

I really like the idea of Payton in Detroit though. Sign me up for the first trade bandwagon.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#1949 » by mattao313 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:34 pm

giving a pick for any combination of those guys is a no go imo.
Championships
Natopher
Veteran
And1: 802

Post#1950 » by Natopher » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:42 pm

coordinator0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

First of all, who is Bruce Tennen? I don't have any reasonable hope that any of this is going down since I've never heard of him before. It's nice to specualte though.

Jackson, Bullock, Udrih, and a protected 2018 1st round pick for Payton, Hezonja, and Williams would be great. Still don't think there would be much room for Williams or Hezonja without cutting Johnson's minutes but the added talent is worth it. So is the cap space opened up to keep Detroit under the luxury tax this summer.

Jackson and Hilliard for Hezonja and Williams would be cool too. Nothing special, but Williams could replace his iso scoring ability while not demanding to be a focal point. Hezonja is a guy I'm still high on as a prospect and I'm not particularly surprised he hasn't panned out yet. Drafting Mario was always going to be a project that takes two or three years.

I really like the idea of Payton in Detroit though. Sign me up for the first trade bandwagon.

I've never heard of Bruce Tennen before, so if I had to take a guess, I'd say these aren't accurate trade rumors. That said, I wouldn't mind getting Peyton & Hezonja. That said, I'd rather not give up a 1st round pick, and I don't wanna give up Udrih, either.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#1951 » by Billl » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:24 pm

You can just click on his twitter account to confirm he has absolutely no connection to the NBA. From the photos, he's got some really sweet seats behind rick mahorn though.
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#1952 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:26 pm

i bet he's a realgm'er
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#1953 » by LaSheed » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:35 pm

We have to give up a pick and Jackson? Trash.

Why give up future assets for young 50/50 at best prospects.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1954 » by MotownMadness » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:40 pm

Basically just some guy forming his own trade proposals off as rumors
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1955 » by MotownMadness » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:53 pm

Need to get Favors, some package around Morris and Baynes for him?

Reggie/Ish
KCP/Bullock
Johnson/Harris
Favors/Leuer/Ellenson
Drummond/Boban/Favors

That could be a pretty good defensive squad using KCP, Johnson and Favors to cover up for Dre and Reggie lol
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: RE: Re: Official Trade Thread 

Post#1956 » by Pharaoh » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:01 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Need to get Favors, some package around Morris and Baynes for him?

Reggie/Ish
KCP/Bullock
Johnson/Harris
Favors/Leuer/Ellenson
Drummond/Boban/Favors

That could be a pretty good defensive squad using KCP, Johnson and Favors to cover up for Dre and Reggie lol

Pieces still don't fit though as Favors can't spread the floor and all our guys play better with Ish's pass first mentality than RJs me first mentality

IF we make a trade RJ has to go for a guy who is gonna play D and is willing to give up the ball.

KCP & Harris have improved as playmakers, SJ has too so having a dude monopolizing the ball isn't helping them or us as a unit

That's why Rubio makes sense, why Payton & Mudiay make sense - they won't call their own number and are better defensively

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1957 » by MotownMadness » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Need to get Favors, some package around Morris and Baynes for him?

Reggie/Ish
KCP/Bullock
Johnson/Harris
Favors/Leuer/Ellenson
Drummond/Boban/Favors

Pieces still don't fit though as Favors can't spread the floor and all our guys play better with Ish's pass first mentality than RJs me first mentality

IF we make a trade RJ has to go for a guy who is gonna play D and is willing to give up the ball.

KCP & Harris have improved as playmakers, SJ has too so having a dude monopolizing the ball isn't helping them or us as a unit

That's why Rubio makes sense, why Payton & Mudiay make sense - they won't call their own number and are better defensively

Honestly at this point with how poor of a 3 point shooting team we are and how bad Dre is offensively I'm ready to back old school with a 3 out 2 in offense.
Southern Piston
Senior
And1: 95

Post#1958 » by Southern Piston » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:32 pm

Does anyone think Minn would do Jackson, Morris, and Baines for Rubio, pechovich retirement contract and there 2017 1st top 5 protected. I think it suits us well, we won't really regress at all this season, and we will have some extra excitement going into the new arena. I actually think Jackson, Morris, and Baines would be the perfect group of guys to plug into Lavine, Wiggins, and Towns. They could make a run at the playoffs, they need to win, this has a better chance to get them there next yr than another pick mid lottery pick i think.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#1959 » by MotownMadness » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:38 pm

Southern Piston wrote:Does anyone think Minn would do Jackson, Morris, and Baines for Rubio, pechovich retirement contract and there 2017 1st top 5 protected. I think it suits us well, we won't really regress at all this season, and we will have some extra excitement going into the new arena. I actually think Jackson, Morris, and Baines would be the perfect group of guys to plug into Lavine, Wiggins, and Towns. They could make a run at the playoffs, they need to win, this has a better chance to get them there next yr than another pick mid lottery pick i think.

If I'm taking on that package that pick better convey though. That would be terrible to take on all that crap without getting a pick out of it which stands a good chance.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#1960 » by Pharaoh » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:55 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Southern Piston wrote:Does anyone think Minn would do Jackson, Morris, and Baines for Rubio, pechovich retirement contract and there 2017 1st top 5 protected. I think it suits us well, we won't really regress at all this season, and we will have some extra excitement going into the new arena. I actually think Jackson, Morris, and Baines would be the perfect group of guys to plug into Lavine, Wiggins, and Towns. They could make a run at the playoffs, they need to win, this has a better chance to get them there next yr than another pick mid lottery pick i think.

If I'm taking on that package that pick better convey though. That would be terrible to take on all that crap without getting a pick out of it which stands a good chance.

Ain't no way Minnesota are giving up Rubio, a massive expiring deal AND a lotto pick for RJ, Mook & Baynes

IF they offered Rubio for RJ you take it and be happy IMO

Return to Detroit Pistons