ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Re: Around the League 

Post#1861 » by DBC10 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:29 pm

Murray is off the table but I do get slightly curious what it would take for Trae Young
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#1862 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:28 pm

DBC10 wrote:Murray is off the table but I do get slightly curious what it would take for Trae Young

Careful the vast majority of Pistons fans hate Trae Young and his game.

If we had Trae Cade would move to a secondary ball handler. Trae is so good at passing and very ball dominant so its not going to change with Cade. It wouldnt be the optimal fit but it would work better then Ivey+Cade.

I would assume Trae would have alot of demand on the market. I would imagine it would be something like Ivey+one of Duren or Ausar+top 5 pick+future unprotected lotto. Thats about the most we can offer and thats likely what the price would be.

I'm not huge on Trae as a player either. Still though he is a superstar and still just 25. I doubt we would ever be real title contenders but it would at least be the most entertaining ball we've had in like 15+ years. For me I would hope their is a better target to back up the truck on. A player that will allow Cade to continue as the lead handler but also can provide high level 3+D(not sure who but thats the guy i want).
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#1863 » by DBC10 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 4:45 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
DBC10 wrote:Murray is off the table but I do get slightly curious what it would take for Trae Young

If we had Trae Cade would move to a secondary ball handler. Trae is so good at passing and very ball dominant so its not going to change with Cade. It wouldnt be the optimal fit but it would work better then Ivey+Cade.

I would assume Trae would have alot of demand on the market. I would imagine it would be something like Ivey+one of Duren or Ausar+top 5 pick+future unprotected lotto. Thats about the most we can offer and thats likely what the price would be.

I'm not huge on Trae as a player either. Still though he is a superstar and still just 25. I doubt we would ever be real title contenders but it would at least be the most entertaining ball we've had in like 15+ years. For me I would hope their is a better target to back up the truck on. A player that will allow Cade to continue as the lead handler but also can provide high level 3+D(not sure who but thats the guy i want).

I'd personally roll the dice on a potential Trae for Ivey/Duren/top 5 this year as a starting point and add in contracts and roles they'd want from us. The reality is, it's really hard to get a true star in this league, let alone get them to come to Detroit. The payoff of Trae/Cade backcourt could be a high risk high reward at the cost of not a huge amount of assets. With that backcourt, I'd be hesitant on letting go of Ausar though for the defense and hustle
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#1864 » by joedumars1 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:41 pm

I’m out on trae. Think we’ve seen his best, I don’t think we’ve seen Cades, trae probbaly hurts Cades developing, but idk. Rather go for a knockdown 3pt shooter who doesn’t need the ball
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1865 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Apr 4, 2024 7:43 pm

DBC10 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

I'd personally roll the dice on a potential Trae for Ivey/Duren/top 5 this year as a starting point and add in contracts and roles they'd want from us. The reality is, it's really hard to get a true star in this league, let alone get them to come to Detroit. The payoff of Trae/Cade backcourt could be a high risk high reward at the cost of not a huge amount of assets. With that backcourt, I'd be hesitant on letting go of Ausar though for the defense and hustle

Even if we had to add another 1st to do the deal it wouldnt hurt too much. Reason being with Young+Cade I would expect that were a playoff team yearly.

Another point is we would be using our cap space on a impact player. Sure were giving up assets to do it but its much better then blowing all our cap on T.Harris/DDR whatever crap we add in FA.

All in all I wouldnt hate it or anything. Surely not a Blake type trade getting a 25 yo. Also if it was completely awful Young would still have value on the market if we wanted to trade again.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#1866 » by MortSahlfan » Fri Apr 5, 2024 5:06 pm

whatever happened to Killian Hayes?

Read on Twitter
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,790

Post#1867 » by Snakebites » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:48 pm

Tigers are 6-1.

If they’re decent this year that’s two Detroit teams having renaissances.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#1868 » by joedumars1 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 8:57 pm

Snakebites wrote:Tigers are 6-1.

If they’re decent this year that’s two Detroit teams having renaissances.

They will have a good year. Their pitching is
Legit and they have some nice young hitters. Wings are fighting for playoffs. Pistons could take a pretty big leap next year, Cade has to stay healthy tho
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,690

Post#1869 » by Cowology » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:25 am

I don't watch college sports unless a Michigan team is playing for a national title. Just not my thing. Decided to tune into the womans Final Four to check out the hype around Caitlin Clark and like... this has been a damn good game. It's a hell of a lot better than anything the Pistons have put on the floor. And some of these players have really impressed me. Like I'm sitting here going "damn" and "oh ****!" Caitlin out here making Luka-like step back 3's. It's kinda insane. I gotta give it up to the ladies. They are crushing it.
breezypeezy
Senior
And1: 303

Post#1870 » by breezypeezy » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:50 am

Lebrons calling up Bronny.
Pretty sure he'll be able to land one of the 2 way positions on the Lakers and get to play with Lebron here and there.
Lebron does have that kind of clout for a temporary accomodation.
Though I think there both out of the league after about 2 more seasons.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1871 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:56 am

Great drafting Troy

Read on Twitter
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,054

Post#1872 » by bstein14 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:59 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:Great drafting Troy

Read on Twitter

What sucks is we haven't seen incredibly high usage #1 pick Cade get that many points ever in a game... and we also haven't seen Ivey hit 40 points in a game yet with incredible amount of opportunity with all the Cade and other injuries.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#1873 » by Snakebites » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:25 pm

Grayson Allen got 4/70 from the Suns.

Strap in guys. Free agents will be costly…
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1874 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:31 pm

Snakebites wrote:Grayson Allen got 4/70 from the Suns.

I actually thought he would be a solid pick up for us. He had a really good season. 46% from 3pt on 6attempts per game starting playing 33mins per game.

Not the best defender but just having that kind of shooter to catch and shoot from Cade would of been incredible. We for sure need to add at least one elite sharp shooter this offseason.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#1875 » by Snakebites » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:35 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:

I actually thought he would be a solid pick up for us. He had a really good season. 46% from 3pt on 6attempts per game starting playing 33mins per game.

Not the best defender but just having that kind of shooter to catch and shoot from Cade would of been incredible. We for sure need to add at least one elite sharp shooter this offseason.

Yeah I thought so too.

Him getting extended for that much isn’t a positive sign though. That’s the amount I thought we could get a guy like that in an overpay. Clearly my expectations need adjusting.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#1876 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:53 pm

Snakebites wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Yeah I thought so too.

Him getting extended for that much isn’t a positive sign though. That’s the amount I thought we could get a guy like that in an overpay. Clearly my expectations need adjusting.

Not alot of teams have alot of money on the market at least. If everyone was sitting on a bag it would be crazy.

Suns were likely worried if they let him hit the open market a team like us would offer the same or more. Its possible the Suns make a playoff run and Allen has a big postseason and his price goes up as well. Another point is the Suns are pretty capped out so they really cant afford to let him go.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,054

Post#1877 » by bstein14 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:59 pm

I was also thinking Grayson at slightly above MLE might be a really solid signing for us essentially having Allen start at SF and get about 26 MPG and Font back him up at SF and get about 22 MPG and then we'd have 48 MPG of great shooting from the SF spot... obviously if one is hot you ride the hot hand more for that game.

It'll be interesting to see what Font gets he's for sure not getting Allen money but he might end up at $10+ million per.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#1878 » by MortSahlfan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:50 am

When the Lakers were up 14, I thought, "They don't wanna play Denver".. but then Zion goes down.. I thought GS would win with their championship pedigree, but their season is over.. I wonder what the front office does now.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#1879 » by MortSahlfan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:42 pm

After a handful of basic spelling mistakes, it's beyond annoying

"Thompson would like to say with the only team he's known, but he and Golden State haven't gotten close on a contract extension."

STAY...
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#1880 » by Snakebites » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:43 pm

It was tough watching Zion go to the locker room after the game he had.

Man, watching these play-in games really shows how far we have to go before we become in any way competitive.

These aren’t even the top dogs but the level of play is just…different than what I see when most of the games I watch are Piston games.

Return to Detroit Pistons