ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,258

Re: Around the League 

Post#1801 » by GreekAlex » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:18 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:The Pistons also remain engaged with the Grizzlies on a potential Killian Hayes trade with the sticking point second-round draft pick compensation, leaguesources told HoopsHype.

I don’t see any clear cut matching salary from the Grizz
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,689

Post#1802 » by Cowology » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:23 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:The Pistons also remain engaged with the Grizzlies on a potential Killian Hayes trade with the sticking point second-round draft pick compensation, leaguesources told HoopsHype.

Biyombo works. We're going after another C! :lol:
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#1803 » by chrbal » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:30 pm

GreekAlex wrote:

They have like 3 meh young forwards (Ziarie Williams, Roddy, and LaRivia<?>) and a trade exception from Brooks
GreekAlex
Veteran

Post#1804 » by GreekAlex » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:29 pm

Read on Twitter

Thank God that we drafted Duren and dodged this bullet.

Imagine if weaver was able to have his way.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#1805 » by chrbal » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:13 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
Read on Twitter

1- Indiana sends the Suns gift baskets every holiday in thanks for matching his contract.

2- it seems odd to me that he’s like a career 16-17 points per game as a classic center and he barely gets to the free throw line.

3- he’s 25 and his development seems to have flatlined.
GreekAlex
Veteran

Post#1806 » by GreekAlex » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:16 pm

chrbal wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
Read on Twitter

1- Indiana sends the Suns gift baskets every holiday in thanks for matching his contract.

2- it seems odd to me that he’s like a career 16-17 points per game as a classic center and he barely gets to the free throw line.

A lot of people blamed Monty for the feud with Ayton.

It’s starting to look like Ayton doesn’t have the best attitude.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#1807 » by chrbal » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:23 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
chrbal wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean he missed a game because he couldn’t get out of his driveway. Like how is that even a thing
GreekAlex
Veteran

Post#1808 » by GreekAlex » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:27 pm

chrbal wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
chrbal wrote:

I mean he missed a game because he couldn’t get out of his driveway. Like how is that even a thing

I never heard that one lol

Please share it with me.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#1809 » by vege » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:42 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
chrbal wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

Please share it with me.

Some team employers tried to reach him and they couldn't. It's bizarre, but doesn't look like it was his fault.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#1810 » by chrbal » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:43 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
chrbal wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

Please share it with me.

Sorry sheet of ice, never mind
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 474

Post#1811 » by MortSahlfan » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:17 pm

: Alec Burks and Bojan Bogdanovic said that they will play tonight vs. Indiana.
– Alec Burks on joining a contender: “No disrespect to Detroit — they’re just trying to rebuild and build around the great young players that they have, which in the future they, will be really good — but as you get older in this league, you want to play for different things.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,788

Post#1812 » by Snakebites » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:57 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:: Alec Burks and Bojan Bogdanovic said that they will play tonight vs. Indiana.
– Alec Burks on joining a contender: “No disrespect to Detroit — they’re just trying to rebuild and build around the great young players that they have, which in the future they, will be really good — but as you get older in this league, you want to play for different things.

Yeah, I’m sure he’s glad to be on a team playing for something. And he’s played well enough to be worthy of being out there getting meaningful playoff minutes.

And I am SO SO glad we didn’t go all in on Deandre Ayton, though given his max offer he got from Indy was matched I doubt we’d have ended up with him regardless.
keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 136

Post#1813 » by keepitrealhomes » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:09 pm

Snakebites wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:: Alec Burks and Bojan Bogdanovic said that they will play tonight vs. Indiana.

Yeah, I’m sure he’s glad to be on a team playing for something. And he’s played well enough to be worthy of being out there getting meaningful playoff minutes.

And I am SO SO glad we didn’t go all in on Deandre Ayton, though given his max offer he got from Indy was matched I doubt we’d have ended up with him regardless.

We probably don’t hire Monty if we have ayton, so there’s that.

I’m in a probably small boat that doesn’t think Monty is a bad coach, and I really think weaver had a lot to do with the rotations to start the year
GreekAlex
Veteran

Post#1814 » by GreekAlex » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:16 pm

keepitrealhomes wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

I’m in a probably small boat that doesn’t think Monty is a bad coach, and I really think weaver had a lot to do with the rotations to start the year

I try to always see the positives and I don’t think Monty is unsalvageable but I think he’s stubborn and not really creative.

I hope he proves me wrong because I believe he’ll be here for at least 2 more seasons.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#1815 » by mattao313 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:28 pm

Snakebites wrote:

I got flamed in that Ayton thread saying he would be a bad contract and we could get a C in the draft that would be 80% of him. We did exactly that it feels good to be right sometimes lmao.

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app
Championships
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#1816 » by DBC10 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:15 pm

mattao313 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

I got flamed in that Ayton thread saying he would be a bad contract and we could get a C in the draft that would be 80% of him. We did exactly that it feels good to be right sometimes lmao.

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app

I didn't want him either. I specifically argued that Duren could offer 80% of what Ayton would be without the mental lapses like he showed in the playoffs. You just don't grab players that meltdown under pressure like that under the guise of youth

So glad we didn't pull the trigger
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 474

Post#1817 » by MortSahlfan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:44 pm

Ayton became what Whiteside was for them, too.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#1818 » by vege » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:38 am

keepitrealhomes wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

You're both correct and incorrect imo. I do think Monty is a terrible coach, but the rest of what you said seems correct to me.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#1819 » by DBC10 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Sample size is small but regardless an interesting spike in JI's evolution in offense as of late. Eye test says he's really ramped it up a notch prior to even the trade deadline and before all star break. Curious how he takes the momentum after the break

This was obvious to anyone that watched last season, there would be nuggets of where Ivey showed potential as the lead guard. He's doing it better this season despite the slow start/sabotage

You'd rather be on this list than not
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#1820 » by MotownMadness » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:17 pm

DBC10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sample size is small but regardless an interesting spike in JI's evolution in offense as of late. Eye test says he's really ramped it up a notch prior to even the trade deadline and before all star break. Curious how he takes the momentum after the break

This was obvious to anyone that watched last season, there would be nuggets of where Ivey showed potential as the lead guard. He's doing it better this season despite the slow start/sabotage

You'd rather be on this list than not

Thats actually crazy that he's top 5

Return to Detroit Pistons