ImageImageImage

Summer League 2022 - Make or break for Killian? Which Pistons should attend?

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,259

Re: Summer League 2022 - Make or break for Killian? Which Pistons should attend? 

Post#61 » by BDM22 » Wed Jul 6, 2022 3:35 pm

Adg1987 wrote:I saw Pistons fans trashing Keegan Murray on twitter last night. pretty sad praying for a kids downfall because you want your team to seem smart for making a pick.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend hanging out in the replies of NBA twitter. That is pretty much where the worst of the worst goes across all sports fanbases. Mostly just trolls.

Also, there is no "being smart for making the pick" relating to Murray/Ivey and the Pistons. Murray was not available to the Pistons. Weaver was picking the best from guys like Ivey, Mathurin, Daniels, and Sharpe in that range of the draft. Who was taken above his draft slot is irrelevant.

Keegan is gonna be a beast btw.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Re: Summer League 2022 - Make or break for Killian? Which Pistons should attend? 

Post#62 » by FloridaMan78 » Wed Jul 6, 2022 3:59 pm

It would be nice if he played in summer league. He’s not though, right?

He’s bigger than I thought. Nice jumper. Nice one dribble pull up. Can attack close outs.

flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,378

Post#63 » by flow » Wed Jul 6, 2022 4:04 pm

BDM22 wrote:
Adg1987 wrote:I saw Pistons fans trashing Keegan Murray on twitter last night. pretty sad praying for a kids downfall because you want your team to seem smart for making a pick.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend hanging out in the replies of NBA twitter. That is pretty much where the worst of the worst goes across all sports fanbases. Mostly just trolls.

Also, there is no "being smart for making the pick" relating to Murray/Ivey and the Pistons. Murray was not available to the Pistons. Weaver was picking the best from guys like Ivey, Mathurin, Daniels, and Sharpe in that range of the draft. Who was taken above his draft slot is irrelevant.

Keegan is gonna be a beast btw.

Yep. 19.6 & 8 over 3 games on 51% shooting and 44% from 3 is a very nice showing, indeed. Summer league or not.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#64 » by rmfc » Wed Jul 6, 2022 4:18 pm

There are so many pathetic people in the world. I have no idea how anyone can root for someone (whom they never knew personally) to fail. You would be surprised how many "Pistons fans" (lots of such examples on this board) root for their own team's players to not just fail but fail spectacularly.

It's best to ignore the noise and move on.

Keegan is going to be a fine player in the league and is a good fit with the current Kings roster.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#65 » by Manocad » Wed Jul 6, 2022 5:37 pm

grpistons wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:It'll be interesting to see who starts. Seems like we're wanting to get Cade/Bey/Stewart some chemistry built up with Ivey and Duren. I wonder if we'll just roll with those 5 as starters for game 1.

Will the Duren trade go through in time?

I think so. We don't play until the 7th right?

Depends on which time zone you're in. The game is in Vegas at 9 pm Pacific time July 7 which is 12 am midnight Eastern time July 8.
grpistons
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#66 » by grpistons » Wed Jul 6, 2022 5:55 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:It would be nice if he played in summer league. He’s not though, right?

He’s bigger than I thought. Nice jumper. Nice one dribble pull up. Can attack close outs.

I believe he is on the SL roster.
Obe1ball
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#67 » by Obe1ball » Thu Jul 7, 2022 3:58 am

FloridaMan78 wrote:Kyle Foster looks nice. We’ll see what he looks like against better competition.

46% from 3, shooting 8 a game and a lot of those were from NBA range. He's ready to shoot, when he catches it. Need to see if his handle stands up.
Obe1ball
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#68 » by Obe1ball » Thu Jul 7, 2022 3:59 am

grpistons wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:It would be nice if he played in summer league. He’s not though, right?

Read that he wasn't coming.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,120

Post#69 » by tmorgan » Thu Jul 7, 2022 4:15 am

Don’t see Duren or Procida on the roster (from Summer League website).
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#70 » by FloridaMan78 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 4:50 am

tmorgan wrote:Don’t see Duren or Procida on the roster (from Summer League website).

The trades haven’t gone through yet.

Procida had a pic of Vegas on his Instagram. I guess we’ll see. So much anticipation to the summer league lol.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,132

Post#71 » by bstein14 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 5:01 am

FloridaMan78 wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Don’t see Duren or Procida on the roster (from Summer League website).

Procida had a pic of Vegas on his Instagram. I guess we’ll see. So much anticipation to the summer league lol.

The Kemba/Duren trade is now official.... it became official late night on July 5th 8:45 PM the NY Knicks put out the press release.

The interesting thing is that the Burks/Noel trade isn't official yet, and Brunson didn't officially sign on the first day he could. So some type of trade is likely being discussed holding everything up. It'll be interesting to see if perhaps one of Burks or Noel go to Dallas... or whether we end up sending out someone like Olynyk or CoJo to Dallas.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,967

Post#72 » by MotownMadness » Thu Jul 7, 2022 5:05 am

bstein14 wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:

The Kemba/Duren trade is now official.... it became official late night on July 5th 8:45 PM the NY Knicks put out the press release.

The interesting thing is that the Burks/Noel trade isn't official yet, and Brunson didn't officially sign on the first day he could. So some type of trade is likely being discussed holding everything up. It'll be interesting to see if perhaps one of Burks or Noel go to Dallas... or whether we end up sending out someone like Olynyk or CoJo to Dallas.

Hope your right, one of the frontcourt guys need to go to balance out the log jam a bit.

Hope we keep Burks though
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#73 » by FloridaMan78 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 6:36 am

Obe1ball wrote:
grpistons wrote:

Read that he wasn't coming.

Yea I just read Langolis twitter. He said he’s in Vegas and watched practice, but isn’t expected to play. So annoying lol.
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,252

Post#74 » by NYPiston » Thu Jul 7, 2022 2:08 pm

Apparently he is on the SL roster. I'm actually more intrigued by him than Ivey and Duren because I've seen plenty of those two and know what they're all about whereas we just have Prodica's highlight videos to draw from which were pretty impressive I got to say.

FloridaMan78 wrote:

The trades became official yesterday.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,113

Post#75 » by Kilo » Thu Jul 7, 2022 2:22 pm

Procida is under contract to his Italian team. There would be pros and cons about bringing him over now - I mean **** Saben Lee if you wanted to bring him on a full contract. But he wouldn't play much and G-League is still garbage ball. But he would be practicing with the Pistons daily and getting used to NBA athleticism. He'll play a lot more in Italian league, provided his team isn't bitter and leaves him on the bench.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#76 » by The Moose » Thu Jul 7, 2022 3:14 pm

Read on Twitter
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,969

Post#77 » by zeebneeb » Thu Jul 7, 2022 3:41 pm

The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter
Perfect. Late start, but ill be watching for sure.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#78 » by FloridaMan78 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 5:09 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

Awesome! I didn’t think he’d play with limited practice time with the team. Can’t wait to see him and Ivey play.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,259

Post#79 » by BDM22 » Thu Jul 7, 2022 5:32 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
The Moose wrote:
Read on Twitter

Awesome! I didn’t think he’d play with limited practice time with the team. Can’t wait to see him and Ivey play.

Yeah, I don't really understand why you wouldn't throw him out there for a Summer League game. Not like they're trying to win something. Just want to see guys out there making plays. I'm sure the schemes are extremely simple. Toss him into pick and rolls with Ivey just to get an idea. There is no downside.

The logistics of this all seem so bizarre. He travels with the team on the plane and gets introduced at the press conference but can't even sit in on a practice (even if he's not physically participating)?
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by FloridaMan78 » Sat Nov 5, 2022 8:12 pm

Manocad wrote:I expect the team will pick up Hayes' option for a fourth year, let him walk/use him as trade filler if he doesn't produce, he won't play in the summer league, and I'm not terribly interested in who does unless the Pistons draft Sharpe. I've seen plenty of Ivey and Murray.

I guess you skated on that one. You are purveyor of semantics. You weren’t exactly against it.

Return to Detroit Pistons