ImageImageImage

2023-2024 Rotation/Minutes

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 496

2023-2024 Rotation/Minutes 

Post#1 » by MortSahlfan » Sat Jul 1, 2023 10:53 am

Let's guess we're done dealing. I think we have the max amount of players. I can't even think of minutes yet. I don't know if we have a cohesive unit but I can't wait to see how this team looks out on the floor.

If it was up to me..

Cade-32/Morris-16
Ivey-30/Burks-18
Ausar-26/Livers-22
Bojan-26/Stew-22
Duren-28/Wiseman-20

Bagley, Glasser.. I actually forgot about Harris, but I'd rather play Livers over him, anyway. Good defender, and just needs to be more aggressive on the offensive end, since he can shoot. Good guy. If we play Harris a ton of minutes, like many guys in their contract years, they gets their money, and suddenly guys start missing games.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Re: 2023-2024 Rotation/Minutes 

Post#2 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sat Jul 1, 2023 11:57 am

Cade 30 / Morris 18
Ivey 30 / Hayes 18 -- If he's improved his shot, otherwise Burks
Ausar 24 / Bojan 24 -- either might start, but i much prefer to see Ausar with Cade and Ivey
??? 24 / Stewart 24 --- I think we have a hole at starting PF (Probably Bagley though)
Duren 30 / Wiseman 18

Sasser heads to the Cruise...
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,374

Post#3 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 1:11 pm

Might be a Casey thing, might be a young player thing, but is probably mostly an injury thing, but what I've realized from watching all 82 the last two seasons is that more players get more minutes than you think. It's a long season.

Sasser and Hayes will both get plenty of run. Bagley too.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,115

Post#4 » by Kilo » Sat Jul 1, 2023 2:00 pm

Livers isn't getting rotation minutes.

Bojan, Thompson and Harris will eat all the SF minutes. Stew and Bojan will share PF minutes with Bagley also getting some.

But all is moot as almost certainly there is an incoming trade that likely ships out one of Wiseman/Bagley and Hayes for a PF signed longer term.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
aad
Starter
And1: 470

Post#5 » by aad » Sat Jul 1, 2023 2:17 pm

Livers will not play over Harris u can book that
Sort
Rookie
And1: 448

Post#6 » by Sort » Sat Jul 1, 2023 2:26 pm

I think the likelihood that this is the final roster is maybe three percent? And which of these players will embrace Monty's playbook and style the best? It's hard to even guess right now. If this was the final roster, there's clearly a lot of talent here that doesn't mesh well. We know the two bigs failed. I'm not positive Cade and Ivey maximize one another. You can't play Bojan with another poor defender (Harris, Bagley). And a player like Duren could have a great developmental summer or come back looking rusty and out of shape. We don't him as a professional yet (though obviously I'm hopeful).
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,969

Post#7 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jul 1, 2023 2:29 pm

I think we have another trade in us at some point this off-season.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,986

Post#8 » by zeebneeb » Sat Jul 1, 2023 2:45 pm

MotownMadness wrote:I think we have another trade in us at some point this off-season.
Has to be. The roster is bizarre, and its heavy on the ends(guard/Center).

Anyone got a handy list of Power Forwards, that can shoot at least 33% from deep?

Let's say that this is the starting group;

Cade
Ivey
Bojan
Stewart
Duren

Who replaces Stewart, and Duren? To me, Stewart would be perfect coming off the bench at the PF spot, to continue stretching the floor.

Morris
Burks
Asser
Bagley?
Wiseman?

Its having to many C/PF who can't shoot outside of 15 feet that is the glaring problem. Now if the starters are;

Cade
Ivey
Asser
Stewart
Duren

You can, against bench players, bring in Bojan to play at the 4, with Bagley or Wiseman.

Morris
Burks
Livers
Bojan
Wiseman

I don't know. Its a mess.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#9 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jul 1, 2023 2:48 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:I think we have another trade in us at some point this off-season.

Anyone got a handy list of Power Forwards, that can shoot at least 33% from deep?

Cade
Ivey
Bojan
Stewart
Duren

Who replaces Stewart, and Duren? To me, Stewart would be perfect coming off the bench at the PF spot, to continue stretching the floor.

Morris
Burks
Asser
Bagley?
Wiseman?

Its having to many C/PF who can't shoot outside of 15 feet that is the glaring problem. Now if the starters are;

Cade
Ivey
Asser
Stewart
Duren

You can, against bench players, bring in Bojan to play at the 4, with Bagley or Wiseman.

Morris
Burks
Livers
Bojan
Wiseman

Yeah we gotta get that 4 spot addressed. I think we can make it work with what we got but it's certainly not ideal.

I like the rest of the roster (for now) besides that spot though.
kpt
Senior
And1: 209

Post#10 » by kpt » Sat Jul 1, 2023 2:55 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:

Cade
Ivey
Bojan
Stewart
Duren

Morris
Burks
Asser
Bagley?
Wiseman?

Cade
Ivey
Asser
Stewart
Duren

Morris
Burks
Livers
Bojan
Wiseman

Yeah we gotta get that 4 spot addressed. I think we can make it work with what we got but it's certainly not ideal.

I like the rest of the roster (for now) besides that spot though.

Think of it if we get a solid starting 4, that is three and D. That puts Stewart into his more natural roll of energy Big off the bench, and Boj can get some spot minutes at 4 and Ausar, Boj, and Harris can divvy up the 3 minutes. That is depth w development right there.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#11 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jul 1, 2023 2:58 pm

If we could fill in Tobias at the 4 for next season ditching the unwanted guys than that could work.

IDK if we could match the salaries to make it work or not
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#12 » by FloridaMan78 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 6:34 pm

MotownMadness wrote:If we could fill in Tobias at the 4 for next season ditching the unwanted guys than that could work.

It would have to include Bojan. Hopefully Bagley. Throw in Killian and it’s a match. Like Bstein was saying though there’s something up with the Clippers trade, guessing they’re involved too.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#13 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jul 1, 2023 6:37 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:If we could fill in Tobias at the 4 for next season ditching the unwanted guys than that could work.

It would have to include Bojan. Hopefully Bagley. Throw in Killian and it’s a match. Like Bstein was saying though there’s something up with the Clippers trade, guessing they’re involved too.

Do we really want to move Bojan for him? Not even sure Tobias is better than Bojan
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,513

Post#14 » by Canadafan » Sat Jul 1, 2023 7:20 pm

Maybe Joe Harris gets rerouted with Bagley+Hayes....I weirdly still want to keep Hayes and see if he can figure it out though.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,376

Post#15 » by Spider156 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 7:46 pm

aad wrote:Livers will not play over Harris u can book that

They play different positions. It’s like saying livers won’t play over Burke. Why would they not play together?
Defense wins championships
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,410

Post#16 » by mattao313 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 7:49 pm

Spider156 wrote:

They play different positions. It’s like saying livers won’t play over Burke. Why would they not play together?
With how the roster is constructed harris will probably play a lot of sf.

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app
Championships
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,376

Post#17 » by Spider156 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 9:45 pm

mattao313 wrote:
Spider156 wrote:

Yeah but Livers is SF/PF. Harris is SG/SF. Livers likely plays a lot more PF and that’s fine, he’s a backup PF. Harris is a backup SG/SF. It’s not a good argument. It’s like arguing Burke will take time away from Bogan. No Burke is 2/3, Bogan is 3/4. Your argument would make more sense if you say Harris will take time away from Ausar. But the players play very differently. So in reality the best argument is Harris will take time away from Burke which doesn’t hurt the team. That’s called having veteran depth.
Defense wins championships
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#18 » by FloridaMan78 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 9:56 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:

Do we really want to move Bojan for him? Not even sure Tobias is better than Bojan

The fit would be better. IMO Tobias is better, not with regards to contract. Tobias is at least an even defender. Bojan is only playable because he’s so good offensively. But with Cade and Ivey we really need some two way players. At least the roster makes more sense. Joe Harris gives Ausar the chance to win the job.

Cade/Morris/Sasser
Ivey/Burkes
Harris/Ausar
Tobias/Stewart
Duren/Wiseman
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,410

Post#19 » by mattao313 » Sat Jul 1, 2023 10:01 pm

Spider156 wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
Spider156 wrote:They play different positions. It’s like saying livers won’t play over Burke. Why would they not play together?

Yeah but Livers is SF/PF. Harris is SG/SF. Livers likely plays a lot more PF and that’s fine, he’s a backup PF. Harris is a backup SG/SF. It’s not a good argument. It’s like arguing Burke will take time away from Bogan. No Burke is 2/3, Bogan is 3/4. Your argument would make more sense if you say Harris will take time away from Ausar. But the players play very differently. So in reality the best argument is Harris will take time away from Burke which doesn’t hurt the team. That’s called having veteran depth.
Still we have Bojan, Stewart, and Bagley getting minutes at pf most likely so I'm not sure who he's gonna play over there either

Championships
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#20 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jul 1, 2023 10:02 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:

The fit would be better. IMO Tobias is better, not with regards to contract. Tobias is at least an even defender. Bojan is only playable because he’s so good offensively. But with Cade and Ivey we really need some two way players. At least the roster makes more sense. Joe Harris gives Ausar the chance to win the job.

Cade/Morris/Sasser
Ivey/Burkes
Harris/Ausar
Tobias/Stewart
Duren/Wiseman

Im just seeing Bojan with 21.6 ppg and a 2.6 OBPM
Vs
Harris with 14.7 ppg and a 0.6 OBPM

Thats a pretty big gap on the offensive end

Return to Detroit Pistons