Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,490

Re: 2023-2024 Rotation/Minutes 

Post#541 » by Canadafan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:49 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:
Canadafan wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:
He's been a good offensive player, and better than I thought on defense. He was brought in the game at the end to inbound. Orlando played great D, but he didn't panic.

However, he's not going to re-sign back, so we're preventing other guys from playing, although outside of the guys we've drafted, Fontecchio is the only one I'd want to re-sign. But all the cap space in the world means nothing if the best free agents don't wanna come here. Hence, Joe Harris.

I thought Fournier has a team option and Weaver already stated they planned on picking it up?

I see he does have one for 19 million. If he plays well, why not. We need veterans, but he doesn't strike me as a very vocal guy. Although, Monty said Cade, Duren, and Evan talked during half-time.

Another vet for us to pick up our coveted 2nd rounder for before deadline next year lol.
Then again, if we can deal him and let's say Muscala for a Grimes-level young rotation player by next deadline that would work too
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 491

Post#542 » by MortSahlfan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:41 pm

Canadafan wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:
Canadafan wrote:
I thought Fournier has a team option and Weaver already stated they planned on picking it up?

I see he does have one for 19 million. If he plays well, why not. We need veterans, but he doesn't strike me as a very vocal guy. Although, Monty said Cade, Duren, and Evan talked during half-time.

Another vet for us to pick up our coveted 2nd rounder for before deadline next year lol.
Then again, if we can deal him and let's say Muscala for a Grimes-level young rotation player by next deadline that would work too

It would be nice if we could have a veteran for more than a year. It doesn't have to be a Udonis Haslem, but even a guy like him who's here for 1/4 of the time he was.

I think Weaver makes a lot of moves simply because there's nothing else, and he just crosses his fingers, hoping for the best, because there's no plan. What he says, and what he does are usually at odds with each other.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 470

Post#543 » by Crymson » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:59 pm

It's depressing to think about next season's rotations and realize that none if it is likely to matter all that much unless the roster is freed from the all-consuming scourge that is Monty Williams.

Canadafan wrote:I thought Fournier has a team option and Weaver already stated they planned on picking it up?

You heard wrong. Imagine Weaver spending two 2nds to dump Bagley for cap space and then blowing all of that space plus more by picking up the $19 million option of a salary dump who's worth maybe 20% of that salary, tops. Fournier is a no-defense gunner who's past his physical prime and wasn't very athletic in the first place. If he's on the team at all next season, it'll be as a depth player.

There's no chance that his option gets picked up unless it needs to be done for some convoluted reason of salary matching in a draft-day trade.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,490

Post#544 » by Canadafan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:51 pm

Crymson wrote:It's depressing to think about next season's rotations and realize that none if it is likely to matter all that much unless the roster is freed from the all-consuming scourge that is Monty Williams.

Canadafan wrote:I thought Fournier has a team option and Weaver already stated they planned on picking it up?

You heard wrong. Imagine Weaver spending two 2nds to dump Bagley for cap space and then blowing all of that space plus more by picking up the $19 million option of a salary dump who's worth maybe 20% of that salary, tops. Fournier is a no-defense gunner who's past his physical prime and wasn't very athletic in the first place. If he's on the team at all next season, it'll be as a depth player.

There's no chance that his option gets picked up unless it needs to be done for some convoluted reason of salary matching in a draft-day trade.

Ah yes, I mis-read this-"Evan Fournier, who was excited to be traded by New York and eager for his new opportunity in Detroit, has played 25 minutes per game in his two games since joining the Pistons. While some around the league wondered if Fournier could hit the free agent market after landing with a rebuilding Detroit team, the Pistons have indicated they plan to keep the Frenchman, HoopsHype has learned."
They just meant he's not being bought out this year I guess
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 637

Post#545 » by remi_222 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:56 pm

just hope he's gonna KILL New York tonight !!! A happy Fournier is always giving you whatever role you give him ! Great pro and great teamate ! sort of a Batum in his way. Detroit can be the Clipper's Batum
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,377

Post#546 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:22 am

I've seen enough. Weaver nailed these deadline pickups. I've got some restored hope in him.

Duren
Stew
Tech
Cade
Grimes

Thats my starting lineup. It has shooting and it has defense.

Everyone is alway complaining about the full bench units and not Staggering Cade and Ivey. Now we got Ivey coming off the bench where he can be a high usage bucket getter.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,358

Post#547 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:42 pm

Ivey should definitely be staggered more, but he belongs in the starting line up over Grimes, IMO. Grimes has looked solid on defense but needs to look more consistent on offense before I want him starting.

Return to Detroit Pistons