ImageImageImage

I hate it, but Weaver absolutely has to be fired.

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Re: I hate it, but Weaver absolutely has to be fired. 

Post#441 » by vege » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:15 pm

DBC10 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
vege wrote:
If instead of Joe Harris and Monte Morris (whom we ended up donating to Minny) we signed Grant Williams and Donte DiVivincenzo we would be a play in level team, with Ivey and Stew leading our 2nd unity with Burks and Cade/DDV/Bojan/Williams/Duren starting

Play in team because we add DDV & Grant Williams to the worst team in the league? :lol:

I didn’t know that you of all people had that much irrational optimism lol

Personally, I’m glad there’s extreme flexibility this offseason with tons of cap space rather than having $24M tied up in those 2 players on a lottery team.

If the team does worse with their acquisitions than DDV and William this offseason, maybe I’ll come around to your school of thought.

No kidding, vege is forgetting we have Monty managing the roster and would've still played Hayes and Livers significant minutes. And honestly, the butterfly effect is in effect as well, considering them being on this team would change everything

Again, Grant Williams underperformed under Luka, no way am I convinced that he can play with Cade even with him being out of his slump somewhat right now due to being in a new environment

Monty has been the scapegoat and people are ignoring how incompetent Weaver have been. Monty is an imbecile, but this is on Troy Weaver (and Arn Tellem) not Monty.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,258

Post#442 » by GreekAlex » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:23 pm

vege wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
Play in team because we add DDV & Grant Williams to the worst team in the league? :lol:

I didn’t know that you of all people had that much irrational optimism lol

Personally, I’m glad there’s extreme flexibility this offseason with tons of cap space rather than having $24M tied up in those 2 players on a lottery team.

If the team does worse with their acquisitions than DDV and William this offseason, maybe I’ll come around to your school of thought.

No kidding, vege is forgetting we have Monty managing the roster and would've still played Hayes and Livers significant minutes. And honestly, the butterfly effect is in effect as well, considering them being on this team would change everything

Again, Grant Williams underperformed under Luka, no way am I convinced that he can play with Cade even with him being out of his slump somewhat right now due to being in a new environment

Monty has been the scapegoat and people are ignoring how incompetent Weaver have been. Monty is an imbecile, but this is on Troy Weaver (and Arn Tellem) not Monty.

Do you give Weaver any leeway based on Gores history of meddling with the front office?

Maybe the bar is low for me but I’m grateful that we don’t have any un-tradable contracts.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#443 » by theBigLip » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:51 pm

thesack12 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
vege wrote:We could have signed Grant Williams this offseason. Weaver thought it was a better idea spend more money to acquire Joe Harris, or to trade for Monte Morris so he could donate him to Minny for less than what he paid to acquire him in the first place.

And some people still think Weaver is going to build a good team/roster this offseason. A dumbass even insulted me for pointing out how bad our situation around here is.

I mean, people think Fontecchio is a good defender, so I don't know what else need to happen for people to wake up and face reality. Weaver is the worst GM to ever run a franchise in the NBA, and there were some bad ones in NBA history.

Read on Twitter

You mean we could have overpaid for Grant Williams this summer, like Dallas did. Just because he's had a few games with Charlotte doesn't mean that was a good signing, or a missed opportunity by us.

Weaver is not even close to the "worst GM of all time". If that's what you really believe, why do you torture yourself and stay on this board or pay attention to the Pistons at all?

Isiah and SVG were clearly worse GMs. Even Dumars is probably worse - Darko, CV and BG signings.

Outside of obvious troll type posts, this underlined statement is EASILY the worst take I have ever seen on this website in the 16 years that I've been a member.

Dumars took over a roster that wasn't exactly flush with talent, yet elevated his team from a non playoff team to making the Eastern Conference Finals in only two years. He won a championship in his 4th season, and the following year taking the Finals to a game 7.

Overall Joe's teams had 7 consecutive 50+ win seasons with one 64 win season, 7 consecutive ECF's, 2 Finals appearances, and 1 championship.

Meanwhile, bum ass Troy Weaver has failed to eclipse 23 wins in his 4 years on the job. This despite having a #7 pick, #1 pick, #5 pick, another #5 pick, and gobs of cap space every summer.

A more simplistic way to compare:
Dumars won a championship in year 4.
Weaver fielded one of the worst teams in NBA history in year 4.

Troy Weaver is not even in the same galaxy of a GM that Dumars was. As I said above, saying Dumars was worse is EASILY the worst take I've ever seen.

Maybe I should have used green font :lol:
But my point is that Dumars clearly made some mistakes that Weaver has not.

You (and lots of others) keep whining about Weaver’s drafting. Weaver’s done a good job. Hayes was his worse pick. But that wasn’t as bad as Darko.

Another big complaint is free agency. Weaver hasn’t blown his wad (yet). When Dumars did, he spent a boatload on Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon. I’m sure Weaver will do better than that this summer.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#444 » by theBigLip » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:57 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
vege wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

Do you give Weaver any leeway based on Gores history of meddling with the front office?

Maybe the bar is low for me but I’m grateful that we don’t have any un-tradable contracts.

I don’t think that last point is appreciated by others. They would rather whine about end of bench guys as wasting money, but none of them were long or expensive. Our cap is in great shape - we have young talented players on rookie contracts and tons of cap space. There are a lot of teams that are jealous. Unfortunately, all our fans look at is the number of wins in a rebuilding season. :shrug:
vege
RealGM

Post#445 » by vege » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:10 am

theBigLip wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
vege wrote:

I don’t think that last point is appreciated by others. They would rather whine about end of bench guys as wasting money, but none of them were long or expensive. Our cap is in great shape - we have young talented players on rookie contracts and tons of cap space. There are a lot of teams that are jealous. Unfortunately, all our fans look at is the number of wins in a rebuilding season. :shrug:

Yeah because 17 and 8 wins seasons are ok. At least we have cap space :crazy: We had cap space for 3 seasons now, what we did with the cap space? 0 nada nothing. Weaver is inept.
GreekAlex
Veteran

Post#446 » by GreekAlex » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:17 am

vege wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

Yeah because 17 and 8 wins seasons are ok. At least we have cap space :crazy: We had cap space for 3 seasons now, what we did with the cap space? 0 nada nothing. Weaver is inept.

Do you have amnesia? No one wanted to win the first few seasons of Weavers tenure here.

Even last season, everyone was all aboard the Wemby train.

This is the first season that they tried to compete.

17 & 8 win seasons are better than capped out 28 win teams. :crazy:
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,228

Post#447 » by thesack12 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:25 am

theBigLip wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
You mean we could have overpaid for Grant Williams this summer, like Dallas did. Just because he's had a few games with Charlotte doesn't mean that was a good signing, or a missed opportunity by us.

Weaver is not even close to the "worst GM of all time". If that's what you really believe, why do you torture yourself and stay on this board or pay attention to the Pistons at all?

Isiah and SVG were clearly worse GMs. Even Dumars is probably worse - Darko, CV and BG signings.

Outside of obvious troll type posts, this underlined statement is EASILY the worst take I have ever seen on this website in the 16 years that I've been a member.

Dumars took over a roster that wasn't exactly flush with talent, yet elevated his team from a non playoff team to making the Eastern Conference Finals in only two years. He won a championship in his 4th season, and the following year taking the Finals to a game 7.

Overall Joe's teams had 7 consecutive 50+ win seasons with one 64 win season, 7 consecutive ECF's, 2 Finals appearances, and 1 championship.

Meanwhile, bum ass Troy Weaver has failed to eclipse 23 wins in his 4 years on the job. This despite having a #7 pick, #1 pick, #5 pick, another #5 pick, and gobs of cap space every summer.

Troy Weaver is not even in the same galaxy of a GM that Dumars was. As I said above, saying Dumars was worse is EASILY the worst take I've ever seen.

You (and lots of others) keep whining about Weaver’s drafting. Weaver’s done a good job. Hayes was his worse pick. But that wasn’t as bad as Darko.

Another big complaint is free agency. Weaver hasn’t blown his wad (yet). When Dumars did, he spent a boatload on Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon. I’m sure Weaver will do better than that this summer.

Yeah, I rarely even post around here these days so I just go ahead and disregard the "whining" accusations.

The Darko pick is revisionist history. Darko was SUPREMELY hyped going into that draft. Can't speak for others, but I'm old enough to remember the pre-draft process in 2003.

But you don't have to believe, just read this article... It likens him to Dirk, Gasol, Olajuwon, Chamberlain

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/9/24/6841293/rip-hamilton-reaction-darko-milicic-2003-nba-draft

All that being said, Darko was a colossal bust, therefore Dumars deserves the criticism of that pick.

In the interest of fairness, you can't pin Dumars' drafting prowess on a single pick. He got Prince @ 23 who was a core player for 7 year run of great teams. He got Maxiell @ 26 who was a rotation player on a 5 year run of great teams. He got Okur in the 2nd round @ 38 who was a key contributor off the bench for the championship team. He got Stuckey at 15, who Dumars mistakenly put too much faith in but was a decent player and a solid pick @ 15. Stuckey was light years better than Hayes who was taken @ 7. He drafted Afflalo @ 27, who didn't get much of a chance while in Detroit but went on to have a rock solid career so @ 27 that was a very good pick.

Dumars started his tenure with his highest pick each year being: 14, 9, 23, 2, 54, 26, 60, 15, and 29. Its quite a bit easier to hit on picks at the top of the draft. While the Darko pick turned out awful, Dumars' draft record overall in his first 10 years is quite solid.

As for free agency, Everybody talks about Gordon and Villanueva, but nobody wants to mention signing Billups to an MLE contract and netting Antonio Mcdyess as a free agent. On the whole, Dumars free agency performance isn't stellar but its worth noting that Dumars had substantial cap space only twice during his tenure, and both those times were after the "goin to work" team was disbanded.

Also, if we are going to give Troy Weaver some leeway in regards to free agency because its a well known fact that Detroit is absolutely not a free agent destination, why does Dumars not get that same credence?

In addition, we can't forget that Troy has had massive cap space every year he's been in office. Yet, he has not improved the team in any meaningful way with all that cap space.

You have your head in the sand if you don't think Weaver hasn't made any mistakes, that's just an asinine statement. Now if you want to say he hasn't made mistakes to the magnitude of a bust #2 pick or 3 Bust high dollar free agent signings like Dumars did, fine. However, again in the interest of fairness Dumars held the job for 14 years, Weaver only 4. So there is immensely more Dumars moves to critique than Weaver moves.

Its not hard to field 20 win teams on an annual basis. Its also not really all that hard to tear down a roster. Maintaining cap flexibility is the best thing you can say about Weaver's tenure. Weaver has literally done nothing to prove that he knows how to build a winner. If we are being honest with ourselves this team is at least 2 years away from even challenging to make the play in.

People get way too hung up on Darko and Gordon/CV. Show me a GM that hasn't made mistakes, let alone one that had a flawless resume over a 14 year career.

At the end of the day Dumars transformed his team from a non playoff team into a championship team in 4 years.
Weaver turned a 20 win team into a likely <15 win team in 4 years, even with having #7 pick, #1 pick, #5 pick, #13 pick, #5 pick, + massive cap space every year.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#448 » by theBigLip » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:19 am

vege wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

Disagree. You want to use it to get quality players once your young core has some experience. Had Weaver spent it on average players the last couple of years, we wouldn’t have the space to use this year when it seems appropriate. I don’t want to just be average - I’d rather play the long game and become elite.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#449 » by joedumars1 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:21 am

GreekAlex wrote:
vege wrote:
theBigLip wrote:

Do you have amnesia? No one wanted to win the first few seasons of Weavers tenure here.

Even last season, everyone was all aboard the Wemby train.

This is the first season that they tried to compete.

17 & 8 win seasons are better than capped out 28 win teams. :crazy:
Ill take this junk over Ben Gordon Charlie v stuckey? As best prospect? Can’t remember. Then we got smoove with Dre as best prospect? Yeah I’ll take cade Ivey duren ausar cap space over vets like that. I like font, grimes seem like he might be nice add too. We also adding another draft pick probbaly, idk what he does with the cap space. It takes two to tango tho, sometimes she a dirty player
GreekAlex
Veteran

Post#450 » by GreekAlex » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:25 am

theBigLip wrote:
vege wrote:
theBigLip wrote:

Disagree. You want to use it to get quality players once your young core has some experience. Had Weaver spent it on average players the last couple of years, we wouldn’t have the space to use this year when it seems appropriate. I don’t want to just be average - I’d rather play the long game and become elite.

THIS.

People who would rather win 5-10 more games per season during the first few years of a rebuild are delusional.

Imagine wanting to suffer through those seasons and getting an even worse draft pick with no cap space.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#451 » by theBigLip » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:25 am

thesack12 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

Yeah, I rarely even post around here these days so I just go ahead and disregard the "whining" accusations.

The Darko pick is revisionist history. Darko was SUPREMELY hyped going into that draft. Can't speak for others, but I'm old enough to remember the pre-draft process in 2003.

But you don't have to believe, just read this article... It likens him to Dirk, Gasol, Olajuwon, Chamberlain

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/9/24/6841293/rip-hamilton-reaction-darko-milicic-2003-nba-draft

All that being said, Darko was a colossal bust, therefore Dumars deserves the criticism of that pick.

In the interest of fairness, you can't pin Dumars' drafting prowess on a single pick. He got Prince @ 23 who was a core player for 7 year run of great teams. He got Maxiell @ 26 who was a rotation player on a 5 year run of great teams. He got Okur in the 2nd round @ 38 who was a key contributor off the bench for the championship team. He got Stuckey at 15, who Dumars mistakenly put too much faith in but was a decent player and a solid pick @ 15. Stuckey was light years better than Hayes who was taken @ 7. He drafted Afflalo @ 27, who didn't get much of a chance while in Detroit but went on to have a rock solid career so @ 27 that was a very good pick.

Dumars started his tenure with his highest pick each year being: 14, 9, 23, 2, 54, 26, 60, 15, and 29. Its quite a bit easier to hit on picks at the top of the draft. While the Darko pick turned out awful, Dumars' draft record overall in his first 10 years is quite solid.

As for free agency, Everybody talks about Gordon and Villanueva, but nobody wants to mention signing Billups to an MLE contract and netting Antonio Mcdyess as a free agent. On the whole, Dumars free agency performance isn't stellar but its worth noting that Dumars had substantial cap space only twice during his tenure, and both those times were after the "goin to work" team was disbanded.

Also, if we are going to give Troy Weaver some leeway in regards to free agency because its a well known fact that Detroit is absolutely not a free agent destination, why does Dumars not get that same credence?

In addition, we can't forget that Troy has had massive cap space every year he's been in office. Yet, he has not improved the team in any meaningful way with all that cap space.

You have your head in the sand if you don't think Weaver hasn't made any mistakes, that's just an asinine statement. Now if you want to say he hasn't made mistakes to the magnitude of a bust #2 pick or 3 Bust high dollar free agent signings like Dumars did, fine. However, again in the interest of fairness Dumars held the job for 14 years, Weaver only 4. So there is immensely more Dumars moves to critique than Weaver moves.

Its not hard to field 20 win teams on an annual basis. Its also not really all that hard to tear down a roster. Maintaining cap flexibility is the best thing you can say about Weaver's tenure. Weaver has literally done nothing to prove that he knows how to build a winner. If we are being honest with ourselves this team is at least 2 years away from even challenging to make the play in.

People get way too hung up on Darko and Gordon/CV. Show me a GM that hasn't made mistakes, let alone one that had a flawless resume over a 14 year career.

At the end of the day Dumars transformed his team from a non playoff team into a championship team in 4 years.
Weaver turned a 20 win team into a likely <15 win team in 4 years, even with having Four top 5 picks + massive cap space every year.

Good post and agree with a lot of it. Darko was a consensus #2.

Weaver only had 3 top 5 picks - Cade, Ivey and Thompson. He’s certainly not lucky in the lottery.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#452 » by thesack12 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:37 am

theBigLip wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:

Weaver turned a 20 win team into a likely <15 win team in 4 years, even with having Four top 5 picks + massive cap space every year.

Weaver only had 3 top 5 picks - Cade, Ivey and Thompson. He’s certainly not lucky in the lottery.

Yeah, you're right. Weaver has had #7, #1, #5, #13, and #5. He's definitely not been short on high end draft capital.

Detroit has absolutely had cruddy lottery luck, but you can't rely on lottery luck as a critical component to build your team. Especially with the flattened odds that were put in place several years ago. Every team in the league can look back and say well if we had better lottery luck we would be in a lot better shape.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#453 » by theBigLip » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:53 am

thesack12 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

Yeah, you're right. Weaver has had #7, #1, #5, #13, and #5. He's definitely not been short on high end draft capital.

Detroit has absolutely had cruddy lottery luck, but you can't rely on lottery luck as a critical component to build your team. Especially with the flattened odds that were put in place several years ago. Every team in the league can look back and say well if we had better lottery luck we would be in a lot better shape.

I agree we shouldn’t depend on luck but a few league changes have worked against us, even though I think they are good for the league.

1. (As you mentioned) Flatten lottery odds. It’s good that it reduces the number of tanking teams and meaningless games. For years we had middle lottery picks - back in the day we might have gotten lucky and moved up. And now, when our record really sucks, they flatten the odds and we’ve gotten later picks. Bad timing by us.

2. Winning games is now much harder. With a combination of flattening of the lottery odds with the extra playoff spots with the play-in, most every team is trying hard to win every game, as it should be. Again, I like the change but we (and Spurs/Wizards) are taking the brunt of this change.
vege
RealGM

Post#454 » by vege » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:54 am

theBigLip wrote:
vege wrote:
theBigLip wrote:

He tried to sign Max Struss and Struss didn't want to play for us. No one will sign with us if they have any other option. By being this incompetent and building a dysfunctional roster, he developed a loser's culture, our youg players didn't develop, and the entire league including the players see us as a joke.

Jokic refused to play against us. TWICE.

That's not how you become elite.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#455 » by thesack12 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:55 am

In regards to the Darko pick, its also worth noting that Dumars traded him to Orlando and got the #15 back in return. So he was able to extract very good value out of a prospect that was going nowhere in Detroit.

Comparing that to the Hayes pick @ #7, Killian was outright cut while still playing on his rookie contract. He also remains unemployed 3 weeks after being cut. We'll have to see how the careers of the guys drafted after Hayes plays out over the next 10 years or so to fully evaluate just how bad of a pick that was. But its extremely rare for a top 10 pick to get cut on his rookie contract, and there is a chance we might never see him put on another NBA uniform.
GreekAlex
Veteran

Post#456 » by GreekAlex » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:05 am

vege wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
vege wrote:

He tried to sign Max Struss and Struss didn't want to play for us. No one will sign with us if they have any other option. By being this incompetent and building a dysfunctional roster, he developed a loser's culture, our youg players didn't develop, and the entire league including the players see us as a joke.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if the mods can make your default text a different color so people don’t take you seriously.

Your Jokic comment is an all time classic lol
thesack12
RealGM

Post#457 » by thesack12 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:29 am

theBigLip wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:

I agree we shouldn’t depend on luck but a few league changes have worked against us, even though I think they are good for the league.

1. (As you mentioned) Flatten lottery odds. It’s good that it reduces the number of tanking teams and meaningless games. For years we had middle lottery picks - back in the day we might have gotten lucky and moved up. And now, when our record really sucks, they flatten the odds and we’ve gotten later picks. Bad timing by us.

2. Winning games is now much harder. With a combination of flattening of the lottery odds with the extra playoff spots with the play-in, most every team is trying hard to win every game, as it should be. Again, I like the change but we (and Spurs/Wizards) are taking the brunt of this change.

You got me curious about being tougher to win now, so I did a little research.

The following is how many games the 8th seed in the East, West won in the last 20 years.

This isn't the best metric of course, but its does provide a bit of relevant data.

42, 45
40, 44
40, 42
37, 50
39, 48
41, 50
37, 46
35, 36
38, 45
49, 38
38, 45
44, 41
41, 41
43, 47
42, 48
33, 35 *Shortened, bubble season* Using win % extrapolated to an 82 game season: 37,38
34, 38 *72 game season* Using win % extrapolated out to an 82 game season: 38,43
43, 36 *Play in instituted*
44, 42
45, 47 *Estimate based on current winning %

There does appear to be a slight uptick in required wins to make the playoffs since the play in was put in place 3 years ago, but its not a substantial jump. That said, this season is shaping up to be pretty competitive. But overall its a small sample size, and again this data point is certainly not something that is super analytical.

It is worth noting that the leaguewide talent base has been on an incline for the last several years. We have also moved away from the "super team" era, therefore there is a lot more parity in the league. There are less elite teams and less terrible teams now than in the past.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#458 » by theBigLip » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:49 am

thesack12 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

You got me curious about being tougher to win now, so I did a little research.

The following is how many games the 8th seed in the East, West won in the last 20 years.

This isn't the best metric of course, but its does provide a bit of relevant data.

42, 45
40, 44
40, 42
37, 50
39, 48
41, 50
37, 46
35, 36
38, 45
49, 38
38, 45
44, 41
41, 41
43, 47
42, 48
33, 35 *Shortened, bubble season* Using win % extrapolated to an 82 game season: 37,38
34, 38 *72 game season* Using win % extrapolated out to an 82 game season: 38,43
43, 36 *Play in instituted*
44, 42
45, 47 *Estimate based on current winning %

There does appear to be a slight uptick in required wins to make the playoffs since the play in was put in place 3 years ago, but its not a substantial jump. That said, this season is shaping up to be ultra competitive. But overall its a small sample size, and again this data point is certainly not something that is super analytical.

It is worth noting that the leaguewide talent base has been on an incline for the last several years. We have also moved away from the "super team" era, therefore there is a lot more parity in the league. There are less elite teams and less terrible teams now than in the past.

Good research. I’m wondering what the numbers look like if it’s the 10th seed since that is the play-in cutoff.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#459 » by theBigLip » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:54 am

vege wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
vege wrote:

So wrong on so many points.

Max Struss wants to play for a championship. I guess that’s Weaver’s fault :lol:

Our young players are developing. Cade, Ivey, Duren are all looking better every game.

There isn’t a losing culture. That just belongs to certain “fans”. I would say it’s just the opposite. Seems to me the team plays hard in spite of the record.
vege
RealGM

Post#460 » by vege » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:02 pm

theBigLip wrote:
vege wrote:
theBigLip wrote:

So wrong on so many points.

Max Struss wants to play for a championship. I guess that’s Weaver’s fault :lol:

Our young players are developing. Cade, Ivey, Duren are all looking better every game.

There isn’t a losing culture. That just belongs to certain “fans”. I would say it’s just the opposite. Seems to me the team plays hard in spite of the record.

Yeah, just like I was wrong about Ivey's defense being a joke last season :lol:

Return to Detroit Pistons