ImageImageImage

2024 Free Agency - Who Would YOU Want To Get The Max Contract?

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Re: 2024 Free Agency - Who Would YOU Want To Get The Max Contract? 

Post#181 » by Canadafan » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:49 am

Crymson wrote:
Canadafan wrote:Grayson and Tyus would both be good for us. Then trade ivey with our pick for a starting forward

Tyus is intent upon starting. He's not going to sign here to play backup point guard.

Trading Ivey now would almost undoubtedly mean selling low.

Sign him to start him then. Cade doesn't need to be constantly handling the ball anyways.
If we can get Bridges or Lauri for ivey and out top5 pick plus another pick it's worth it. That's a big if though lol
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,053

Post#182 » by bstein14 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:07 pm

C Duren (34) / Top 3 pick (14) / Wiseman
F Stew (25) / Ausar (23)
F Grayson (25) / Font (23)
G Cade (34) / Ivey(14) / Grimes
G Tyus Jones(31) / Ivey(17) / Sasser

A 9 man rotation with a 3 guard rotation between Tyus, Cade, and Ivey. This one has Tyus and Ivey each getting 31 MPG on average. That said, if Grimes or Sasser can beat out Ivey for some of those backup guard minutes I wouldn't be surprised. Ivey has been fairly inconsistent this year but the same can be said about Sasser. Front and Grayson both close to splitting time at SF and Stew and Ausar both close to splitting time at PF.

The benefit of essentially splitting Stew and Ausar at PF is that they are both high energy players if you let each play half the game they can really go hard for 24 MPG. Grayson and Font really the same thing... both great shooters that can keep their legs fresher essentially knowing that they will each be getting about half a game of minutes each night. Both for sure should get their shots up when open and both should be double digit scorers even though they are only playing half a game.

Whoever we add, I feel like the #1 most important thing is to be great shooters that space the floor..... and #2 is being lower TO players since our current group has turned it over like crazy.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#183 » by Canadafan » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:35 pm

^^^^I like;
Duren 30 Stew 18
Lauri(or JGrant) 30 Font 18
Ausur 30 Graysen 18
Cade 30 Grimes 18
Tyus(or Brogden) 30 Sasser 18

If we luckily can trade Ivey + picks for a Lauri or Miles I'm all over that. Likely wouldn't happen so I'm all about taking on Grant and Brogdan without trading our pick and probably still have space left over for Allen. Boom lol

Return to Detroit Pistons