ImageImageImage

2024 Free Agency - Who Would YOU Want To Get The Max Contract?

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,052

Re: 2024 Free Agency - Who Would YOU Want To Get The Max Contract? 

Post#141 » by bstein14 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:46 pm

theBigLip wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:
Am I wrong that Poole is still stinking up the joint from a bench role? And even when he was 1b next to Kuzma as a starter he was still bad; so I don't have high hopes he does better in a similar role here.

He's still a low IQ volume shooter that's way better suited as a tank commander.

I loved him at Michigan but that's as far as it goes. Hard pass; especially for what he is getting paid.
No you are not wrong. Poole thinks very highly of himself, and hated going to the bench.

Monk is the better player, comes off the bench already, and has a killer attitude, and plays with ferocity.

He is two years older(26vs24) but I don't care. Monk is amazing athletically besides being a damn good shooter.

Hell, keep Ivey, and sign Monk as the teams Vinny Johnson, and use the Pick+Stewart for a PF upgrade.

Cade/Sasser
Ivey/Monk
Ausar/Grimes
FA/Tek
Duren/Wiseman

Interchangeable pieces all over the damn place.

I’m a sucker for Poole. He was awesome in 2022 playoffs. So he’s proven he can play the well. The Draymond punch really sent things sideways for Poole and the Warriors.

Washington should hold on to him instead of trading him as his value has bottomed out. If we were to trade for him now, I would expect Washington to add some asset. We don’t really have any negative contracts to dump.

If we had even the smallest amount of interest in Poole, the deal would have been made for Bagley and one of the guys we bought out. Bagley + Joe Harris for Poole + picks. There is zero chance we have any interest in Poole... thankfully.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,258

Post#142 » by GreekAlex » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:47 pm

theBigLip wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:
Am I wrong that Poole is still stinking up the joint from a bench role? And even when he was 1b next to Kuzma as a starter he was still bad; so I don't have high hopes he does better in a similar role here.

He's still a low IQ volume shooter that's way better suited as a tank commander.

I loved him at Michigan but that's as far as it goes. Hard pass; especially for what he is getting paid.
No you are not wrong. Poole thinks very highly of himself, and hated going to the bench.

Monk is the better player, comes off the bench already, and has a killer attitude, and plays with ferocity.

He is two years older(26vs24) but I don't care. Monk is amazing athletically besides being a damn good shooter.

Hell, keep Ivey, and sign Monk as the teams Vinny Johnson, and use the Pick+Stewart for a PF upgrade.

Cade/Sasser
Ivey/Monk
Ausar/Grimes
FA/Tek
Duren/Wiseman

Interchangeable pieces all over the damn place.

I’m a sucker for Poole. He was awesome in 2022 playoffs. So he’s proven he can play the well. The Draymond punch really sent things sideways for Poole and the Warriors.

Washington should hold on to him instead of trading him as his value has bottomed out. If we were to trade for him now, I would expect Washington to add some asset. We don’t really have any negative contracts to dump.

Second to the Pistons, I’m a Warriors fan because I was living in San Jose during the time Steph & Klay were first drafted and I got to see them come up.

I liked Poole at one point since he came up with that organization but now he just rubs me the wrong way.

He has a bad combination of arrogance & entitlement and with the trade to the Wizards he has no excuse for his poor play.

He’s away from Draymond and he’s a top option getting tons of shots in Washington.

I have no interest at any salary based on his attitude.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#143 » by Canadafan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:03 pm

bstein14 wrote:If we could trade Ivey + pick for Lauri M I'd be 100% down and then I'd spend our cap space on one of Monk, Tyus Jones, or Quickley to play alongside Cade as the other starting guard.

Preferably Quickly so I can troll my buddies who are raps fans
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#144 » by Canadafan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:04 pm

Muteboy wrote:Lots of talk around Tobias Harris. I'll just leave this here...

Read on Twitter

Ya. Something about Tobias just bores me incredibly. I'd be so disappointed if that was our big move this summer.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,740

Post#145 » by zeebneeb » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:24 pm

Canadafan wrote:

Read on Twitter

Ya. Something about Tobias just bores me incredibly. I'd be so disappointed if that was our big move this summer.
If Harris is signed to some absurd contract in the summer, Weaver has to be fired out of a cannon. Into the sun.

Tek is the better player now, and Harris would be a band-aid at best.

I am really concerned about this offseason.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#146 » by theBigLip » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:19 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

Read on Twitter

If Harris is signed to some absurd contract in the summer, Weaver has to be fired out of a cannon. Into the sun.

Tek is the better player now, and Harris would be a band-aid at best.

I am really concerned about this offseason.

It will be a different offseason. Of course we should all be concerned. It is more critical than last summer. Time to blow our wad. We are not likely to have this opportunity again in many years.

No Tobias. No one over 30. I would hope we get two starters this summer.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#147 » by vege » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:26 pm

If we add Tobias and Melton we would be a respectable team. If we add Tobias, Melton and Hartenstein and get rid of Ivey and Stew we would be a good team.
GreekAlex
Veteran

Post#148 » by GreekAlex » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:46 pm

vege wrote:If we add Tobias and Melton we would be a respectable team. If we add Tobias, Melton and Hartenstein and get rid of Ivey and Stew we would be a good team.

I understand your sentiment regarding Ivey being addition by subtraction because of his carelessness, streaky shooting and defensive issues even though I partially disagree and expect him to improve.

I don’t understand how “getting rid” of Stew will make us a good team. He plays winner basketball even if you don’t like the role that they’re trying to force him into.

Please enlighten me as to why you think that’s so.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#149 » by DetroitSho » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:16 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
vege wrote:If we add Tobias and Melton we would be a respectable team. If we add Tobias, Melton and Hartenstein and get rid of Ivey and Stew we would be a good team.

I understand your sentiment regarding Ivey being addition by subtraction because of his carelessness, streaky shooting and defensive issues even though I partially disagree and expect him to improve.

I don’t understand how “getting rid” of Stew will make us a good team. He plays winner basketball even if you don’t like the role that they’re trying to force him into.

I've seen you request logic from this guy in the past, that's an exercise in futility. Don't hold your breath.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,979

Post#150 » by tmorgan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:45 pm

Stew is easily our second best defender (Ausar is a savant), a solid floor-stretcher, and a good teammate. Yeah, there are things he does that he shouldn’t be doing (like put the ball on the floor, ever), but better teammates and team play would solve a lot of that. He’s definitely not the problem, even if he should be plsying 25 minutes as the third big.

Current Ivey, though, is making us worse 4 nights out of 5.
GreekAlex
Veteran

Post#151 » by GreekAlex » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:29 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

I've seen you request logic from this guy in the past, that's an exercise in futility. Don't hold your breath.

Yeah, it might be time to give up on that. He’s just such a prominent poster here that it’s difficult to ignore sometimes.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#152 » by DetroitSho » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:47 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

Yeah, it might be time to give up on that. He’s just such a prominent poster here that it’s difficult to ignore sometimes.
Nah it's easy, trust me

vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#153 » by vege » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:03 am

tmorgan wrote:Stew is easily our second best defender (Ausar is a savant), a solid floor-stretcher, and a good teammate. Yeah, there are things he does that he shouldn’t be doing (like put the ball on the floor, ever), but better teammates and team play would solve a lot of that. He’s definitely not the problem, even if he should be plsying 25 minutes as the third big.

Stewart is a completely inept offensive player, he is a solid defender but nothing special. He is an ok player, but not a good fit, we need better around Cade/Ausar/Duren.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#154 » by theBigLip » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:47 am

vege wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Stew is easily our second best defender (Ausar is a savant), a solid floor-stretcher, and a good teammate. Yeah, there are things he does that he shouldn’t be doing (like put the ball on the floor, ever), but better teammates and team play would solve a lot of that. He’s definitely not the problem, even if he should be plsying 25 minutes as the third big.

Stewart is a completely inept offensive player, he is a solid defender but nothing special. He is an ok player, but not a good fit, we need better around Cade/Ausar/Duren.

He’s not inept on offense. He is getting better at 3s and gets his share of rebounds when Duren and Thompson aren’t sucking them all in. Solid defensive player. And everything I’ve read he’s a real hard worker in practice and a good teammate. We extended him at a reasonable price. I think he’s a great fit in our rotation but not as a starter. That should get fixed in the offseason.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,052

Post#155 » by bstein14 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:05 am

I think Stewart will be a good starter in this league by the time his contract is up.. He's still only 22 now so if he is on the bench a few seasons and then moves back into a starter role at 25 or 26 just as he's about to enter his "prime" years I think I could see a situation similar to what we got from Jerami Grant... Stew obviously has put in a lot of work with his shot to get to where he is now and I am sure he'll continue to put in work to get better and better.

On/Off and +/- stats have shown he's a key player for our success. Ivey/Cade/Font/Stew/Duren has also been incredibly efficient in their limited time together.... The offense was clearly lacking with Hayes/Ivey/Ausar/Stew/Duren, etc but if you add in more capable offensive players (like Font) and more in FA this summer it makes role players like Stew even better because its less you have to throw it to them to make something happen.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#156 » by MotownMadness » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:26 am

Yeah im fine with Stewart for what he is and he actually knows his role. The problem is Monty who doesn't know his role.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#157 » by Canadafan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:06 am

"Weaver has to be fired out of a cannon. Into the sun" :lol: :lol: :lol:
dVs33
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Post#158 » by dVs33 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:22 am

I would like us to get a legit starting level 3 and D PF.
I still think J Grant would be a good fit because of his shooting and defense.
Bring stew off the bench at either PF or C. Maybe bring another stretch big in (I thought mascala would fit that role) Wiseman works as a 3rd C or back up c if we need size.
Cade / sasser
Ivey / grimes
Ausaur / tek
FA / stew
Duren / stew / Wiseman
I don't hate that for next year

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using RealGM mobile app
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#159 » by Mr Peanut » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:29 am

Stewart seems better served for a bench role but he definitely still has a place on our team. His on/off this season is +8.8 which is by far the best of any of our players. He plays winning basketball, which is something we sorely need.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#160 » by Canadafan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:51 pm

dVs33 wrote:I would like us to get a legit starting level 3 and D PF.
I still think J Grant would be a good fit because of his shooting and defense.
Bring stew off the bench at either PF or C. Maybe bring another stretch big in (I thought mascala would fit that role) Wiseman works as a 3rd C or back up c if we need size.
Cade / sasser
Ivey / grimes
Ausaur / tek
FA / stew
Duren / stew / Wiseman
I don't hate that for next year

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using RealGM mobile app

We still have so much cap space that we can take Grant and Bogdan as well. A legit point guard would help us so much too.
Our lineup would be;
Cade Brogdan
Ivey Sasser
Ausur Grimes
Grant Tek
Duren Stew
Plus our top5 pick to roll the dice with
Plus Wiseman
A few vet minimums to fill us out

Return to Detroit Pistons