Trade Deadline 2024 (All Trades)

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 136

Re: Trade Deadline 2024 (All Trades) 

Post#61 » by keepitrealhomes » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:54 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
keepitrealhomes wrote:And KO officially fetches a first rounder. Are we still sure we 100% won the bogey trade?

He was also traded with a recent lottery pick.

Fair enough.
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,220

Post#62 » by NYPiston » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:55 pm

Kilo wrote:All I want out of this deadline is the owed future first back from the NYK. I don't care about any other deal.

Yep, that stupid pick is severely handcuffing the Pistons trade flexibility and will for many years until it conveys or they trade for it back.
kpt
Senior
And1: 209

Post#63 » by kpt » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:55 pm

keepitrealhomes wrote:And KO officially fetches a first rounder. Are we still sure we 100% won the bogey trade?

Not entirely true…Agbaji was more of why they got a first rounder. Yet yes, Kelli was a part of that trade.
keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 136

Post#64 » by keepitrealhomes » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:58 pm

kpt wrote:

Not entirely true…Agbaji was more of why they got a first rounder. Yet yes, Kelli was a part of that trade.

Kevin Knox plus essentially the same pick got us a good rotation wing. I think Toronto made better use of the pick, but we’ll see.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#65 » by ducler » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:09 pm

Good job by OKC, next to nothing for Hayward I like it
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,818

Post#66 » by theBigLip » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:02 pm

Per Hollinger:

In Detroit’s case, they need to waive one player before the action starts, likely Joe Harris or James Wiseman. From there, they are likely to execute the Danuel House salary dump with Philadelphia first; that trade won’t require physicals and they should be able to waive House immediately after it’s done. They can then move on to the Knicks deal and waive Evan Fournier as soon as that is completed, leaving them with just the Monte Morris trade to finalize with the league office.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,431

Post#67 » by Billl » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:43 pm

Ugh. Starting to feel like killian might actually not get dealt? Deadline is fast approaching.
Neptune
Veteran
And1: 1,271

Post#68 » by Neptune » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:47 pm

Billl wrote:Ugh. Starting to feel like killian might actually not get dealt? Deadline is fast approaching.

Saving the best for last?
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,278

Post#69 » by GreekAlex » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:59 pm

Neptune wrote:
Billl wrote:Ugh. Starting to feel like killian might actually not get dealt? Deadline is fast approaching.

We can only hope.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,818

Post#70 » by theBigLip » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:03 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
Neptune wrote:

We can only hope.

Would the Pistons extend Hayes, even at the minimum? If the answer is “no” then any return that doesn’t involve extended salary should be sufficient.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 748

Post#71 » by A_dub06 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:07 pm

So the hornets can get a 1st for Washington but terrible weaver couldn’t hold out for our 1st back form the Knicks for Bojan. Fire weaver already!
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#72 » by DetroitSho » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:16 pm

A_dub06 wrote:So the hornets can get a 1st for Washington but terrible weaver couldn’t hold out for our 1st back form the Knicks for Bojan. Fire weaver already!
Why are you comparing those two situations like they're even close to the same?

Are we about to hear this all day? "Such and such can get a 1st for X player, but Weaver couldn't for Bogey" with absolutely zero context being added.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#73 » by DetroitDon15 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:48 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:So the hornets can get a 1st for Washington but terrible weaver couldn’t hold out for our 1st back form the Knicks for Bojan. Fire weaver already!

Are we about to hear this all day? "Such and such can get a 1st for X player, but Weaver couldn't for Bogey" with absolutely zero context being added.

The real issue is players lesser than Bogey (KO and Washington specifically) were dealt for less. Detroit coulda hold firm on getting their pick back. It’s heavily protected and won’t turn for years. Knicks are obviously playing for the now. I just don’t get it. How any of these trades are making improvements to this roster. We traded assets and didn’t get much back. I like Grimes but he’s rotational piece. It’s so frustrating but It’s why the Pistons are a dumpster fire. Again being a salary dump for seconds. Ugh so painful.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 748

Post#74 » by A_dub06 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:50 pm

DetroitDon15 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:

The real issue is players lesser than Bogey (KO and Washington specifically) were dealt for less. Detroit coulda hold firm on getting their pick back. It’s heavily protected and won’t turn for years. Knicks are obviously playing for the now. I just don’t get it. How any of these trades are making improvements to this roster. We traded assets and didn’t get much back. I like Grimes but he’s rotational piece. It’s so frustrating but It’s why the Pistons are a dumpster fire. Again being a salary dump for seconds. Ugh so painful.

This is exactly my sentiment and what bothers me. Burks and Bojan is a great help to their bench and I think given the circumstances could’ve gotten our pick back but weaver sucks at negotiating
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,524

Post#75 » by JRoy » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:52 pm

Well done, DET.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
DetroitDon15
General Manager

Post#76 » by DetroitDon15 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:56 pm

A_dub06 wrote:
DetroitDon15 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:Why are you comparing those two situations like they're even close to the same?

This is exactly my sentiment and what bothers me. Burks and Bojan is a great help to their bench and I think given the circumstances could’ve gotten our pick back but weaver sucks at negotiating

Agree. I sometimes feel that Weaver is trying to get favors with other teams. I’m not sure that he realizes teams only go to him if they want to use the Pistons. I don’t see the Pistons pulling value (compared to other announced trades in comparison). It just confuses me greatly. Unless BB and Burks said they wanna play for the Knicks, I’m just shocked.
DetroitDon15
General Manager

Post#77 » by DetroitDon15 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:57 pm

JRoy wrote:Well done, DET.

I assume that you mean congrats on continuing to be a dumpster fire and laughing stock.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,292

Post#78 » by vege » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:57 pm

DetroitDon15 wrote:

I assume that you mean congrats on continuing to be a dumpster fire and laughing stock.

And the league's farm.
Neptune
Veteran
And1: 1,271

Post#79 » by Neptune » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:58 pm

With Hayes being released, I guess we're done making moves
DetroitDon15
General Manager

Post#80 » by DetroitDon15 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:05 pm

vege wrote:
DetroitDon15 wrote:

And the league's farm.

Yeah I’m waiting for the Cade extension and dealing Cade for a broken LaVine and a second two years from now.

Return to Detroit Pistons