ImageImageImage

Bojan & Burks to the Knicks (Woj)

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,316

Re: Bojan & Burks to the Knicks (Woj) 

Post#121 » by Moose » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:20 am

How was the defense of Burks this season?

During his time with the Knicks, it was good, but maybe things have changed.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#122 » by LaSheed » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:56 am

Moose wrote:How was the defense of Burks this season?

Not great but he was doing so much on offense it didn't really matter
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Re: Burks to the Knicks (Woj) 

Post#123 » by FloridaMan78 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:01 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

(Pistons pick)
top 18 protected in 24,
top 13 in 2025
top 11 in 2026
top 9 in 2027 and defaults to a 2nd rounder in 2027 if it passes through those protections.

I don’t mind having the pick tied up. It prevents the organization from trading it for a win now player when the team isn’t ready to win now.

I suspect you’ll wind up with a second.

We got Isiah Stewart, not Duren from trading that pick.

Rather than get the pick back, I would have liked if the Pistons renegotiated the protections.

It seems my memory is off on the trade. I hated the Jalen Duren trade by the way. I wanted him, but the Knicks wanted cap space and it helped us lock up both Brunson and Isiah Hartenstein, so they may have gotten that one right. I still hated that cap space trade at the time.

So, if I'm reading your post right, you think the PIstons will be bad for the next 3 seasons. Ouch. I hope that doesn't happen and we get a first round pick in 2026 or 2027 but you oould very easily end up being right.

Knicks got our pick from the thunder for Dieng. Which was traded from Houston to the thunder for Sengun.

The Duren trade was Bucks conditional 2025 1st and eating Kemba’s contract. The Bucks pick was from the Jerami Grant trade.

Chances are we’re gonna suck for while and that pick is going to be a second. League history worst ever to play off team would be a pretty big jump in three years. Pretty amazing if we’re out of the bottom five in a couple years.

15 wins 2024
25 wins 2025
30 wins 2026
35 wins 2027

That would be a pretty optimistic goal, and the Knicks would still get a second.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#124 » by vege » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:02 am

Moose wrote:How was the defense of Burks this season?

His defense was bad, but he was having to carry the offense, so he couldn't give a lot of effort on defense. I think he will be solid on defense for the Knicks.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#125 » by Mr Peanut » Fri Feb 9, 2024 10:16 am

If you wanted to be a glass half full person, and consider one half of the trade being Bojan for Grimes, we essentially got three second round picks for Burks. One to take on his contract initially from the Knicks in the trade in 2022 (in reality we got two second rounders but we'll consider one to take on Nerlens Noel) and then two in this deal.

Just trying to find a silver lining somewhere :lol:
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#126 » by Piston Pete » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:04 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=FKtR2fxMNJOdyh99SM8kYg[/x]
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,053

Post#127 » by bstein14 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:00 am

Rough start for Bojan and Burks in NY who now have lost 3 in a row. Burks 1-8 tonight and Bojan 1-5 from deep and a -13 in 23 minutes as the Knicks lose on a last second foul call against the Rockets tonight. Amen Thompson started went 4-5 and 13 rebounds 5 assists and 5 steals in this one tonight is impressive for sure for Ausar's twin brother.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#128 » by theBigLip » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:14 am

FloridaMan78 wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
I don’t mind having the pick tied up. It prevents the organization from trading it for a win now player when the team isn’t ready to win now.

I suspect you’ll wind up with a second.

We got Isiah Stewart, not Duren from trading that pick.

Rather than get the pick back, I would have liked if the Pistons renegotiated the protections.

It seems my memory is off on the trade. I hated the Jalen Duren trade by the way. I wanted him, but the Knicks wanted cap space and it helped us lock up both Brunson and Isiah Hartenstein, so they may have gotten that one right. I still hated that cap space trade at the time.

So, if I'm reading your post right, you think the PIstons will be bad for the next 3 seasons. Ouch. I hope that doesn't happen and we get a first round pick in 2026 or 2027 but you oould very easily end up being right.

Knicks got our pick from the thunder for Dieng. Which was traded from Houston to the thunder for Sengun.

The Duren trade was Bucks conditional 2025 1st and eating Kemba’s contract. The Bucks pick was from the Jerami Grant trade.

Chances are we’re gonna suck for while and that pick is going to be a second. League history worst ever to play off team would be a pretty big jump in three years. Pretty amazing if we’re out of the bottom five in a couple years.

15 wins 2024
25 wins 2025
30 wins 2026
35 wins 2027

That would be a pretty optimistic goal, and the Knicks would still get a second.

Good post!
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#129 » by LaSheed » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:47 am

bstein14 wrote:Rough start for Bojan and Burks in NY who now have lost 3 in a row. Burks 1-8 tonight and Bojan 1-5 from deep and a -13 in 23 minutes as the Knicks lose on a last second foul call against the Rockets tonight. Amen Thompson started went 4-5 and 13 rebounds 5 assists and 5 steals in this one tonight is impressive for sure for Ausar's twin brother.

Yeah have to figure that. Knicks will be ok. Just need to get healthy.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#130 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:22 pm

just like they were on the pistons no defence =games lost that's why we lost 28 straight games
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,053

Post#131 » by bstein14 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:40 pm

theBigLip wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

15 wins 2024
25 wins 2025
30 wins 2026
35 wins 2027

Good post!

35 wins in 2027 would most likely be the 9th or 10th pick which the Knicks would get that year instead of a second.

That said the numbers you putting up there don't seem realistic to me at all if we spend our money this summer on actual good NBA players.

2024 = 20 wins
2025 = 35 wins
2026 = 40 wins
2027 = 45 wins
I'd say those are a lot more realistic if our young core develops and we add talent with all that cap space. If we spend $65 million and we win just 25 games next year, after we won 23 in Cade's rookie year playing guys like Killian, Bey, Bagley, etc.... then our young "talent" is really awful.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#132 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:53 pm

bstein14 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:

15 wins 2024
25 wins 2025
30 wins 2026
35 wins 2027

Good post!

35 wins in 2027 would most likely be the 9th or 10th pick which the Knicks would get that year instead of a second.

That said the numbers you putting up there don't seem realistic to me at all if we spend our money this summer on actual good NBA players.

2024 = 20 wins
2025 = 35 wins
2026 = 40 wins
2027 = 45 wins
I'd say those are a lot more realistic if our young core develops and we add talent with all that cap space. If we spend $65 million and we win just 25 games next year, after we won 23 in Cade's rookie year playing guys like Killian, Bey, Bagley, etc.... then our young "talent" is really awful.

We have been playing pretty solid lately. Just got to move Wiseman to the island of misfit toys with the rest of the misfits. Even if all we do is add Harris,one other vet, and a top 5 pick we should be able to push 30(not sure on 35 seems aggressive)

Getting rid of BB is addition by subtraction. Guy was such a negative on defense we were 4 on 5 when he was out there. Should of sold him after year one for best offer.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,755

Post#133 » by zeebneeb » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:02 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
Good post!

2024 = 20 wins
2025 = 35 wins
2026 = 40 wins
2027 = 45 wins

We have been playing pretty solid lately. Just got to move Wiseman to the island of misfit toys with the rest of the misfits. Even if all we do is add Harris,one other vet, and a top 5 pick we should be able to push 30(not sure on 35 seems aggressive)

Getting rid of BB is addition by subtraction. Guy was such a negative on defense we were 4 on 5 when he was out there. Should of sold him after year one for best offer.
I am rather fearful of predicting anything next year.

Every season, me and my brother when the schedule comes out, we print out two copies, and we both pick wins and losses, on each individual game.

Needless to say, this years predictions started both copies on fire, after game twenty.

They still smolder.
Sort
Rookie
And1: 445

Post#134 » by Sort » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:09 pm

I don't think that trade is lopsided as popular opinion has it. Both Bogey and Burks have been wretched defensively and Grimes will have a chance to be a legit player here in a defined role. And yeah, Knicks have had some injuries, but those games should have been winnable.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#135 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:10 pm

2024 = 20 wins
2025 = 40 wins
2026 = 60 wins
2027 = NBA championship
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#136 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:10 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
bstein14 wrote:

2024 = 20 wins
2025 = 35 wins
2026 = 40 wins
2027 = 45 wins

I am rather fearful of predicting anything next year.

Every season, me and my brother when the schedule comes out, we print out two copies, and we both pick wins and losses, on each individual game.

Needless to say, this years predictions started both copies on fire, after game twenty.

They still smolder.

Haha yeah its been brutal and painful. Esp seeing all the other young teams vs us just demoralyzing.

I'm a notorious Pistons bear. Still these last few games have been the most hope I've had since we won Cade its been good basketball. I had my finger on the button ready to explode it all a week ago now I'm sipping that koolaid with the full time bulls.

I'm going to enjoy making some somewhat bullish predictions today 30 wins next season we can do it. After all star break we may go back to being the same turds we were the first half. At least I got a good couple weeks of excitement that we might have something to fan about.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:23 pm

Sort wrote:I don't think that trade is lopsided as popular opinion has it. Both Bogey and Burks have been wretched defensively and Grimes will have a chance to be a legit player here in a defined role. And yeah, Knicks have had some injuries, but those games should have been winnable.

I wasnt a fan on first glance. I seen zeeb and a few other guys super hype on Grimes who I knew very little about. His stats underwhelming this year but if hes the lock down defender as advertised thats needed.

I still think BB should of been moved when interest was higher. That said maybe Grimes is a steal and thats not the case as it plays out ROS.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,755

Post#138 » by zeebneeb » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:51 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
Sort wrote:I don't think that trade is lopsided as popular opinion has it. Both Bogey and Burks have been wretched defensively and Grimes will have a chance to be a legit player here in a defined role. And yeah, Knicks have had some injuries, but those games should have been winnable.

I wasnt a fan on first glance. I seen zeeb and a few other guys super hype on Grimes who I knew very little about. His stats underwhelming this year but if hes the lock down defender as advertised thats needed.

I still think BB should of been moved when interest was higher. That said maybe Grimes is a steal and thats not the case as it plays out ROS.
Most people don't know a ton about Grimes, and that makes perfect sense.

What folks need to know are these 4 things;

1.)He is 23 years old. Fits the timeline.

2.)He has superior SG size, athleticism, and can switch to the SF.

3.)He has a career .379 3-Point percentage.(5.0A)

4.)He is a beast of a defender.

Grimes, and Thibs, a notorious taskmaster, had a falling out around Christmas. Grimes got benched.

The Pistons, should, at the very minimum try this lineup;(defensively)

Ivey
Grimes
Cade
Ausar
Duren

You will have two aggressive defensive players in the starting lineup, whom are both lob threats as well.

I believe Grimes should be a starter, as he was his second year when he was starting to break out. He could absolutely be a 18-22ppg scorer, whilst providing superior defense at his position, who can switch, 1-3. Right now, you can put Ausar on just about anyone save for really big 5's, and watch them struggle. Imagine having that same ability with Grimes, 1-3.

It is going to be a fun as hell 28 games after the all-star break, for certain.

*edit* here a couple of videos showcasing his defense. Him and Ausar are gonna be a killer combo.

https://youtu.be/qeGNAtTFF8M?si=7qVIMZUniZIuBYaU

https://youtu.be/lwosiPjHlvg?si=z1mmiRGQRGr3rG2D

https://youtu.be/VwyiqKADipA?si=NPLajygDBlad0dPS

And just a bonus one.

https://youtu.be/Gc0R0YRqpAM?si=X9ti6S2y8ozMGUpq

And finally here is a link of him talking about the trade, that was posted just a little bit ago. Also has some Fournier quotes;

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2024/2/13/24071636/quentin-grimes-and-evan-fournier-open-up-after-trade-to-detroit-pistons
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#139 » by FloridaMan78 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:15 pm

bstein14 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:

15 wins 2024
25 wins 2025
30 wins 2026
35 wins 2027

Good post!

2024 = 20 wins
2025 = 35 wins
2026 = 40 wins
2027 = 45 wins

Last year the Wizards and Indiana both had 35 wins, I was just going by that. They were picks 8 and 9. That pick is top 9 protected.

That’s a bit more optimistic and of course I’d be ecstatic. I just think there’s also a possibility we take a step back. I like the moves made by Weaver. But the big move happens with that cap space and we have no idea how that’s gonna work out. Add the fact that Cades health has not been good along with Duren’s and there’s a good possibility this may not work out so great. I hate being a Debbie downer but…yeah.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#140 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:21 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
Good post!

2024 = 20 wins
2025 = 35 wins
2026 = 40 wins
2027 = 45 wins

Last year the Wizards and Indiana both had 35 wins, I was just going by that. They were picks 8 and 9. That pick is top 9 protected.

That’s a bit more optimistic and of course I’d be ecstatic. I just think there’s also a possibility we take a step back. I like the moves made by Weaver. But the big move happens with that cap space and we have no idea how that’s gonna work out. Add the fact that Cades health has not been good along with Duren’s and there’s a good possibility this may not work out so great. I hate being a Debbie downer but…yeah.

When the projected vegas win totals o/u come out i doubt it goes higher then 25.

Return to Detroit Pistons