ImageImageImage

Miles Bridges (poll)

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

How would you feel if we sign Miles Bridges this offseason?

Love it!
18%
Hate it!
66%
Impartial, so-so
16%

Total votes: 50

Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Miles Bridges (poll) 

Post#1 » by Piston Pete » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:09 pm

How would you feel if we sign Miles Bridges this offseason?
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,804

Re: Miles Bridges (poll) 

Post#2 » by DBC10 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:29 pm

Not a fan
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,373

Post#3 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:46 pm

I’d be shopping for a new team.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,294

Post#4 » by GreekAlex » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:51 pm

It depends. I can’t really answer the poll.

He’s not my 1st choice but he’s better than some of the options that I’ve heard and he’s better than striking out completely.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,090

Post#5 » by joedumars1 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:00 pm

I’m curious why his name comes up? Does charlotte not have the $ to re sign him? Does he want to leave there? He is no slam dunk if we did go after him that’s not counting all the other ****. He’s going to get $ idk from who.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Post#6 » by bstein14 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:01 pm

If the options were Miles Bridges for 4 years $90 million (with the last year being a team option) with clauses where we can void the contract at any time if off the court legal issues arise or give Tobias Harris 4 years $160 million I'd take Miles Bridges.

If it was Tobias Harris at 4/$90 or Miles Bridges at 4/$90 I'd take Tobias Harris.
Patrick27
Junior
And1: 107

Post#7 » by Patrick27 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:19 pm

What he did was disgusting and unforgivable. I want to cheer for the Pistons, but not at the expense of cheering for someone like him. It ruins the whole sports experience for me when I have to want someone like him to succeed on our behalf. I just can't.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,322

Post#8 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:58 pm

I think we'd regret it, mostly because he'll command a big financial commitment and I don't trust his character. If we were talking MLE type money I'd feel better about the risk / reward. But at $20M+/year I'd look elsewhere personally.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,379

Post#9 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:11 pm

I'm obv the one vote on a island with Bridges that would love to get him. Figuring his court cases are good I'm willing to roll the dice on the scumbag. We got a good culture here we got room for one bad guy. Hes young people change not saying I agree with what he did I just think the juice is worth the squeeze.
'
He can ball and would fit perfect with our squad. Hes all star level talent that hasnt hit his ceiling yet. He says he wants to stay with the Hornets but if we outbid everyone I think he would come home. Its not often you get a chance at this kinda talent in FA when your the Pistons.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,010

Post#10 » by Snakebites » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:11 pm

Patrick27 wrote:What he did was disgusting and unforgivable. I want to cheer for the Pistons, but not at the expense of cheering for someone like him. It ruins the whole sports experience for me when I have to want someone like him to succeed on our behalf. I just can't.

Setting aside whether what he did was “forgivable” or not forgiveness begins with remorse and improvement.

He’s shown neither, in fact his actions after the fact suggest he hasn’t learned a thing.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,265

Post#11 » by Piston Pete » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:25 pm

Still a pretty new poll, but early indications prove that OG is far and away our #1 priority this offseason.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#12 » by chrbal » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:26 pm

I get wanting to improve the roster. I get wanting to sign a younger player who’s shown skills and might come at a discount because of the outside stuff.

But not him. Not with what he’s done, violating the protection order, and really showing no signs thay he’s grown past that.

If a person came from the future and said Miles got banned from the NBA in 2026, I would say that sounds about right
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:32 pm

I think if Bridges is in a Pistons uniform dropping back2back 40 burgers like he has recently the vast majority of fans would love him. I'd be down to give him a huge bag if we could put a clause in there any trouble contract is voided.

Their has been rumors we are interested so this could be a thing. I really think were looking at Harris or Bridges they just make the most sense barring some unknown hitting the market. Word is OG wanted to be in NY before the trade and said he would take less money to be there.

During an appearance on FanDuel TV's Run It Back on Wednesday, Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium said the Pistons want to add a power forward between now and the start of next season, and he named Pascal Siakam and OG Anunoby of the Toronto Raptors, Tobias Harris of the Philadelphia 76ers and Miles Bridges of the Charlotte Hornets as potential targets:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10102665-nba-rumors-pistons-eye-tobias-harris-pascal-siakam-og-anunoby-miles-bridges-in-fa
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,010

Post#14 » by Snakebites » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:34 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:I think if Bridges is in a Pistons uniform dropping back2back 40 burgers like he has recently the vast majority of fans would love him. I'd be down to give him a huge bag if we could put a clause in there any trouble contract is voided.

Their has been rumors we are interested so this could be a thing. I really think were looking at Harris or Bridges they just make the most sense barring some unknown hitting the market. Word is OG wanted to be in NY before the trade and said he would take less money to be there.

During an appearance on FanDuel TV's Run It Back on Wednesday, Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium said the Pistons want to add a power forward between now and the start of next season, and he named Pascal Siakam and OG Anunoby of the Toronto Raptors, Tobias Harris of the Philadelphia 76ers and Miles Bridges of the Charlotte Hornets as potential targets:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10102665-nba-rumors-pistons-eye-tobias-harris-pascal-siakam-og-anunoby-miles-bridges-in-fa

It’s definitely a possibility.

Fair to point out the Hornets are arguably worse than us this year (Net rating and conventional +/- data both suggest they have been). Not saying he should be able to lift them up by himself, but I’m not sure how much the needle moves with him despite solid stats.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by buzzkilloton » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:35 pm

Snakebites wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:I think if Bridges is in a Pistons uniform dropping back2back 40 burgers like he has recently the vast majority of fans would love him. I'd be down to give him a huge bag if we could put a clause in there any trouble contract is voided.

It’s definitely a possibility.

Fair to point out the Hornets are arguably worse than us this year (Net rating and conventional +/- data both suggest they have been). Not saying he should be able to lift them up by himself, but I’m not sure how much the needle moves with him despite solid stats.

Yeah I wouldnt put that on him though. Hornets have been banged up. Melo hurt all year only 22 games, Terry traded,Williams missing games, Hayward only ran 25 before traded and banged up alot etc. Millers obv awesome but hes a rookie taking minutes.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,410

Post#16 » by mattao313 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:43 pm

I want us to go after him aggressively 25 year old 3 level scorer that fits our team like a glove the only thing I don't like besides the legal stuff is his ts is that great.

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app
Championships
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,848

Post#17 » by theBigLip » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:53 pm

bstein14 wrote:If the options were Miles Bridges for 4 years $90 million (with the last year being a team option) with clauses where we can void the contract at any time if off the court legal issues arise or give Tobias Harris 4 years $160 million I'd take Miles Bridges.

If it was Tobias Harris at 4/$90 or Miles Bridges at 4/$90 I'd take Tobias Harris.

Totally agree. And OG at any cost takes precedence.
bjones521
Pro Prospect
And1: 394

Post#18 » by bjones521 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:32 pm

I could care less what he did honestly. But with the emergence of Duren and Ivey I'd say no. I don't want any shots being take away from Cade, Ivey and Duren. Go get Tobias where he can hit open 3's and complement the core 3.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#19 » by vege » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:19 am

I would hate it, but I understand the situation we are in. We don't have a lot of options.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,193

Post#20 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:55 am

I'd check out until Weaver/Bridges were gone.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!

Return to Detroit Pistons