ImageImageImage

Detroit Pistons F/C Isaiah Stewart punched Phoenix's Drew Eubanks in the back tunnels of Suns arena

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,807

Re: Detroit Pistons F/C Isaiah Stewart punched Phoenix's Drew Eubanks in the back tunnels of Suns arena 

Post#81 » by theBigLip » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:00 am

GreekAlex wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Stew now has a court date for the 23rd.

He should take it to trial and make Eubanks testify lol

I can’t imagine this getting very far. It’s not like Stewart just walked up and punched him. I’m sure Eubanks was saying something way out of line. He’s not going to look good (and neither is Stewart). Even if Stewart gets 10 games, it’s not going to affect the season much.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Re: Detroit Pistons F/C Isaiah Stewart punched Phoenix's Drew Eubanks in the back tunnels of Suns arena 

Post#82 » by GreekAlex » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:16 am

theBigLip wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

I can’t imagine this getting very far. It’s not like Stewart just walked up and punched him. I’m sure Eubanks was saying something way out of line. He’s not going to look good (and neither is Stewart). Even if Stewart gets 10 games, it’s not going to affect the season much.

Yeah, I’m surprised that it got this far.

Hopefully it will blow over soon.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,897

Post#83 » by Snakebites » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:37 am

We don’t actually know what happened and I’m disinclined to blindly assume the best of Stewart given his tendency to overreact to things.

I’m sure he was provoked but I’d like to know how severely. Either way he wasn’t provoked physically in a way that might justify this, or so it would seem.

Doubt there’s a lot else to it. Some sort of deal will be cut at some point-likely before the court date.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#84 » by MotownMadness » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:46 am

Stewart is gonna be on probation in AZ
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,947

Post#85 » by Uncle Mxy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:49 am

https://arizonasports.com/story/3543213/court-date-set-for-pistons-isaiah-stewart-in-phoenix-for-punching-suns-drew-eubanks/

Court date is the 23rd, so betting he misses the next two games even if he's ready -- hopefully they call it a suspension.
Don't wait until after the court date to get that part out of the way.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,928

Post#86 » by Fo-Real » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:28 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Stewart is gonna be on probation in AZ

He wont, its just a misdemeanor assault. He will get a fine and a stern talking to.
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Post#87 » by Drwho17 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:49 pm

theBigLip wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

Well, you know I'm not sure about the part about Stewart just walking up and punching him. I was watching Gilbert Arenas podcast, and he said Stewart stepped up to him in Vegas, about something he posted on Instagram relating to the Lebron incident. Not sure how often he does this, but it seems like he may be a bit thin skinned with a long memory.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,705

Post#88 » by Invictus88 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:02 pm

At this point do we play better as a team with Stewart playing a significant role? Maybe as a backup C?
I'd much rather see other guys playing (with the exception of Wiseman of course) in slots formerly taken by him if I'm being honest.

There's way better things I'd rather be focusing on (all the new players, seeing whether the 4 young guys can play together, can Cade get healthy etc). So I hope this gets resolved quickly. Not for the sake of Stewart at all. Just so that we don't have to deal with it anymore.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager

Post#89 » by Uncle Mxy » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:17 pm

Drwho17 wrote:Well, you know I'm not sure about the part about Stewart just walking up and punching him. I was watching Gilbert Arenas podcast, and he said Stewart stepped up to him in Vegas, about something he posted on Instagram relating to the Lebron incident. Not sure how often he does this, but it seems like he may be a bit thin skinned with a long memory.

Beef Stew stewing about a beef seems appropriate. The most successful player in basketball was famously thin-skinned. He's a young kid who just needs to focus on making a difference in games.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,802

Post#90 » by DBC10 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:29 pm

Uncle Mxy wrote:
Drwho17 wrote:Well, you know I'm not sure about the part about Stewart just walking up and punching him. I was watching Gilbert Arenas podcast, and he said Stewart stepped up to him in Vegas, about something he posted on Instagram relating to the Lebron incident. Not sure how often he does this, but it seems like he may be a bit thin skinned with a long memory.

Beef Stew stewing about a beef seems appropriate. The most successful player in basketball was famously thin-skinned. He's a young kid who just needs to focus on making a difference in games.

I think we got to make a smart distinction here, the most successful player in the NBA was thin skinned and used that to his motivation to destroy others on the court. Thereby backing up the talk with actual meaningful action. We can't be going around being thin skinned and using that as an excuse to "punch good" in which case it seems what Stew did
Sort
Rookie
And1: 448

Post#91 » by Sort » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:40 pm

Part of my wished Stew was set off by some racist comment so at least you could have some semblance of feeling sorry for him. He's a young person with some anger issues. It so doesn't matter what freaking Eubanks thinks or says about anyone that doesn't really know him.

Main thing here is that Stew can learn from this and he uses some of that money and success to also get some support for himself as a person. I can guarantee you that the initial report that this was "unprovoked" is not true, but that also doesn't mean Stew had any real reason to lose his self control like this.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#92 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:06 pm

My assumption when the report said it was “unprovoked” was that it wasn’t provoked physically. There was no physical threat Stewart. The physical aspect of the confrontation was one-sided.

And I’m inclined to believe that was the case.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,086

Post#93 » by bstein14 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:13 pm

Snakebites wrote:My assumption when the report said it was “unprovoked” was that it wasn’t provoked physically. There was no physical threat Stewart. The physical aspect of the confrontation was one-sided.

If two people are "chest to chest" you'd assume one of them first initiated some contact with the other. Still won't end well for Stew but at least its misdemeanor assault and not felony assault.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,485

Post#94 » by Canadafan » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:22 pm

The whole league is full of soft little pansies lol. Look at the all star game compared to even the days of KG Carter Iverson Marbury. Such a difference.
Then you got clowns like Scottie barnes throwing over the head half court shots during skills comps. Great example for the kids watching.
Beef Stew needs to slap a bunch of these jokers around.
Even when LeBron totally cheap shotted him and bloodied him. Nobody said much about that. That was a vicious cheap shot! I'd be running around like a maniac trying to kick his ass too. Lmao
Soft soft soft. Bunch of girls in the NBA
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#95 » by Snakebites » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:23 pm

bstein14 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:My assumption when the report said it was “unprovoked” was that it wasn’t provoked physically. There was no physical threat Stewart. The physical aspect of the confrontation was one-sided.

If two people are "chest to chest" you'd assume one of them first initiated some contact with the other. Still won't end well for Stew but at least its misdemeanor assault and not felony assault.

And I’ll be honest, my assumption given what I’ve seen from Stewart is that the physical initiator was him.

He has the thinnest skin I’ve ever seen in an NBA player and is quick to get physical. He also takes way too long to cool down. As much as I hated the cheap shot Lebron had on him and the way he denied it afterwards, Stewart’s overall reaction to that was embarrassing. And he’s had plenty of smaller issues too that we’ve all seen.

I don’t know what Eubanks said or did to set him off but I’m not going to assume Stewart’s reactions were reasonable.

I hope he gets the help he needs. He’s got some issues to resolve and if he doesn’t it could impact him and his career.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,336

Post#96 » by Kalamazoo317 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:24 pm

DBC10 wrote:
Uncle Mxy wrote:

I think we got to make a smart distinction here, the most successful player in the NBA was thin skinned and used that to his motivation to destroy others on the court. Thereby backing up the talk with actual meaningful action. We can't be going around being thin skinned and using that as an excuse to "punch good" in which case it seems what Stew did

Though I agree, it's also worth distinguishing that Gilbert Arenas as a source of this information is a bit dubious considering his own behavioral history in the league.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,485

Post#98 » by Canadafan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:20 pm

3game suspension
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#99 » by GreekAlex » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:35 pm

Read on Twitter

We need that video asap lol
Uncle Mxy
General Manager

Post#100 » by Uncle Mxy » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:21 pm

Canadafan wrote:3game suspension

This will really hurt our playoff chances.

Return to Detroit Pistons