Re: Game 55: Pistons @ Pacers 7PM EST 

Post#3 » by joedumars1 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:42 am

Hali going to **** us up. Cade will try to out due him
topsearch92
Junior
And1: 153

Post#4 » by topsearch92 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:23 pm

Ivey vs Mathurin rematch? Mathurin told Ivey he couldn’t guard him during rising stars and scored consistently on him and a 1v1 against Duren too
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 489

Post#5 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:06 pm

I like that.. I'd like to see some intensity this game.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,366

Post#6 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:01 pm

If the ROS stays status quo I think Weaver gets fired.

I know the vast majority want Monty gone as well myself included. I just think with us being a non contending team hes gonna get another crack at with more say on the roster next season. Then if next season is a crap show the new GM gets a coach. Gotta get rid of Weaver to get to Monty.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,100

Post#7 » by bstein14 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:13 pm

Isaiah Stewart C Feb 22 Out Feb 21: Stewart (ankle) is listed as questionable for Thursday's game versus the Pacers.
Quentin Grimes SG Feb 22 Out Feb 21: Grimes (knee) is doubtful to play Thursday against the Pacers.
Cade Cunningham PG Feb 22 Day-To-Day Feb 21: Cunningham is listed as probable due to left knee injury management.

Cade just had a full all-star break off and he's still listed as day-to-day due to "left knee injury management" means he's probably going to miss a decent chunk of time the rest of the way. It wasn't just some minor lingering thing that needed a bit of time to get back to normal its something worse than that if he's still missing games after a long break like that.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,085

Post#8 » by joedumars1 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:20 pm

bstein14 wrote:Isaiah Stewart C Feb 22 Out Feb 21: Stewart (ankle) is listed as questionable for Thursday's game versus the Pacers.
Quentin Grimes SG Feb 22 Out Feb 21: Grimes (knee) is doubtful to play Thursday against the Pacers.
Cade Cunningham PG Feb 22 Day-To-Day Feb 21: Cunningham is listed as probable due to left knee injury management.

Cade just had a full all-star break off and he's still listed as day-to-day due to "left knee injury management" means he's probably going to miss a decent chunk of time the rest of the way. It wasn't just some minor lingering thing that needed a bit of time to get back to normal its something worse than that if he's still missing games after a long break like that.

He should be sitting if he isn’t 100% imo
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:51 pm

Monty says he's done experimenting, and I'm guessing the line-up we see (when Stew and Grimes are back) is to go forward for at least a while.
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Post#10 » by Drwho17 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:58 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:Monty says he's done experimenting, and I'm guessing the line-up we see (when Stew and Grimes are back) is to go forward for at least a while.

Hah, I'll see it when I believe it, i'm guessing Fornier gets 30 minutes tonight.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#11 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:09 pm

Drwho17 wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:Monty says he's done experimenting, and I'm guessing the line-up we see (when Stew and Grimes are back) is to go forward for at least a while.

Hah, I'll see it when I believe it, i'm guessing Fornier gets 30 minutes tonight.

I can't see him playing Fournier 30 minutes... Trade deadline is over. Especially when Grimes somes back. They probably want to evaluate him before deciding when Fournier is not in our plans..... We do need veterans, though, but guys who can play defense. Fournier has never shown any leadership skills, seems quiet. He didn't say he was happy to be in Detroit; he said he was happy to get out of NYC. I don't see him playing much longer in the NBA. He just seems depressed like Killian Hayes.
Patrick27
Junior
And1: 107

Post#12 » by Patrick27 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:48 pm

joedumars1 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:Isaiah Stewart C Feb 22 Out Feb 21: Stewart (ankle) is listed as questionable for Thursday's game versus the Pacers.

If Cade doesn't suit up for the rest of the year, how do we know if we give him the max this summer?

Cade should want to be out there to improve his resume. Right now it doesn't scream max guy. It screams fragile player that doesn't make his team win games.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,277

Post#13 » by GreekAlex » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:34 pm

Patrick27 wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:

If Cade doesn't suit up for the rest of the year, how do we know if we give him the max this summer?

Cade should want to be out there to improve his resume. Right now it doesn't scream max guy. It screams fragile player that doesn't make his team win games.

There’s no way that I’d extend Cade this summer unless he’s offering a discount.

If Maxey, who is much more accomplished than Cade can wait until after his 4th season, so can Cade.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,430

Post#14 » by Billl » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:43 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
Patrick27 wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:He should be sitting if he isn’t 100% imo

There’s no way that I’d extend Cade this summer unless he’s offering a discount.

If Maxey, who is much more accomplished than Cade can wait until after his 4th season, so can Cade.

There is a 100% chance we extend Cade at the rookie max if he is willing. And Maxey is only waiting for cap reasons. The cap hold is like 300% coming off rookie deals less than the league avg, so he's only going to count for $12M until resigned. The sixers can use cap space to bring in some help and then resign him. Cade is going to count for something like $35M (250% of $14), so we need to make our moves before that.
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 181

Post#15 » by Rip32 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:34 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:The Pistons waived guard Malcolm Cazalon

who?? :noway:

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 181

Post#16 » by Rip32 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:35 pm

Patrick27 wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:

Even if he did suit up the rest of the year, I wouldn't give him a max contract

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
Patrick27
Junior
And1: 107

Post#17 » by Patrick27 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:43 pm

Rip32 wrote:
Patrick27 wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:He should be sitting if he isn’t 100% imo

Even if he did suit up the rest of the year, I wouldn't give him a max contract

Then we should have traded him for picks 2 weeks ago.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:04 pm

Rip32 wrote:

the man who just "helped" to reunite the Pistons with Buddy Boheim.. And every time his dad showed up, Buddy played! Amazing how they coordinated that.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,707

Post#19 » by Invictus88 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:36 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:
Rip32 wrote:

the man who just "helped" to reunite the Pistons with Buddy Boheim.. And every time his dad showed up, Buddy played! Amazing how they coordinated that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DetroitPistons/comments/18l5mag/nepotism_runs_deep_with_detroit_pistons/

Boeheim isn't mentioned in the above but Weaver was an assistant for Jim Boehem as well...
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,085

Post#20 » by joedumars1 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:44 pm

Patrick27 wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:

I mean trying to play through an injury can hurt the team and can hurt how he’s perceived cause ever since he’s came back from the last injury 3-4 games? He looks like a **** player

Return to Detroit Pistons