ImageImageImage

GAME 59- PISTONS vs Cavs- 7pm ET

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,288

Re: GAME 59- PISTONS vs Cavs- 7pm ET 

Post#61 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:26 am

The whole bench lineups over the last four games have been pretty terrible. Monty needs to mix and match when Sasser comes back.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,275

Post#62 » by vege » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:26 am

mattao313 wrote:The off season needs to hurry up

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app

Do you really think the dumb asses who assembled this abomination of a roster are going to fix it, really? The offseason is giving me nightmates.
vege
RealGM

Post#63 » by vege » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:26 am

Do you really think the dumb asses who assembled this abomination of a roster are going to fix it, really? The offseason is giving me nightmates.
smann7
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#64 » by smann7 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:38 am

Bench was ****, starters just couldn’t make shots

Cade and Ivey might be starting to work out a balance.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,130

Post#65 » by The Moose » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:41 am

Stew and Ausar were great, Cade was alright, the rest were rubbish
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,363

Post#66 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:43 am

Ausar is a monster.

Best way to improve the roster is trade Ivey. He just doesnt have synergy with Cade been obv for a long time. Dude cant 3 nor can he D.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#67 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:49 am

buzzkilloton wrote:Ausar is a monster.

Best way to improve the roster is trade Ivey. He just doesnt have synergy with Cade been obv for a long time. Dude cant 3 nor can he D.

They have no “synergy” because we play a .5 second offense minus Cade. I’m not sure where the mandate came from, but Cade is being force fed to make him a better all around player. Hopefully he it works, but his usage as of today is not winning basketball.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:00 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:

They have no “synergy” because we play a .5 second offense minus Cade. I’m not sure where the mandate came from, but Cade is being force fed to make him a better all around player. Hopefully he it works, but his usage as of today is not winning basketball.

Post ASB has been some of the best basketball the Pistons have played all season. Cade has been on a tear with that really high usage. Even today Cade had 10ast to 1 turnover he just didnt shoot well. Our franchise player is actually turning into a franchise player we just need to get the right guys around him.

As currently constructed I'd move Ivey to the bench. Its clear as day hes not useful off the ball. Hes not above league average from 3pter nor does he play + defense.

Trading him this offseason while his value is very high + our draft pick is the best route for us to get a impactful player to use all that cap space on. You gotta give something to get something.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,913

Post#69 » by MotownMadness » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:17 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:

Post ASB has been some of the best basketball the Pistons have played all season. Cade has been on a tear with that really high usage. Even today Cade had 10ast to 1 turnover he just didnt shoot well. Our franchise player is actually turning into a franchise player we just need to get the right guys around him.

As currently constructed I'd move Ivey to the bench. Its clear as day hes not useful off the ball. Hes not above league average from 3pter nor does he play + defense.

Trading him this offseason while his value is very high + our draft pick is the best route for us to get a impactful player to use all that cap space on. You gotta give something to get something.

Leaning this way

I wanted to put a package around him for Murray
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:45 am

MotownMadness wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:They have no “synergy” because we play a .5 second offense minus Cade. I’m not sure where the mandate came from, but Cade is being force fed to make him a better all around player. Hopefully he it works, but his usage as of today is not winning basketball.

Leaning this way

I wanted to put a package around him for Murray

Mikal Bridges could be a target as well. Hes miscast as a 1 option but would look good in our lineup. Also will be some unknowns popping up.

Remember how good the Suns got when they made that move for CP3? Maybe a vet were not thinking of is the guy who levels us up.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,897

Post#71 » by Snakebites » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:02 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
Mikal Bridges could be a target as well. Hes miscast as a 1 option but would look good in our lineup. Also will be some unknowns popping up.

Remember how good the Suns got when they made that move for CP3? Maybe a vet were not thinking of is the guy who levels us up.

Don't forget- the Suns made a sizable leap BEFORE they traded for CP3. They went from 19 wins to 34 (in a shortened season).

I'd love to get Mikal but don't view him as attainable. I'd love to be proven wrong.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:10 am

Snakebites wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Don't forget- the Suns made a sizable leap BEFORE they traded for CP3. They went from 19 wins to 34 (in a shortened season).

Sure im not saying were going to the finals next year. We could make a massive jump with the right addition though next season. Then the year after maybe were the cp3 Suns who knows.

I sure as hell dont want our offseason to be add a meh prospect in a meh draft and overpay T.Harris because thats the only option. Were at the point we can make an aggressive move to complement our franchise player.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,170

Post#73 » by MrBigShot » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:17 am

I feel like Ivey & Cade can co-exist but monty is not the guy to make it work. You have to stagger them and let Ivey spend more time on the ball.

Ausar playing pretty well as of late. Will be interesting to see how he improves in the off season.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,897

Post#74 » by Snakebites » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:19 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Sure im not saying were going to the finals next year. We could make a massive jump with the right addition though next season. Then the year after maybe were the cp3 Suns who knows.

I sure as hell dont want our offseason to be add a meh prospect in a meh draft and overpay T.Harris because thats the only option. Were at the point we can make an aggressive move to complement our franchise player.

I think we're in agreement that we'd rather fork over the assets to get a guy like Bridges then overpay for Tobias Harris. Absolutely.

But that question is based on the assumption that both of those are actually options.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,410

Post#75 » by mattao313 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:21 am

vege wrote:

At least it'll be more entertaining seeing what they do than watching this garbage team lol

Championships
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:29 am

Snakebites wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

I think we're in agreement that we'd rather fork over the assets to get a guy like Bridges then overpay for Tobias Harris. Absolutely.

But that question is based on the assumption that both of those are actually options.

James Edwards has been shilling T.Harris to us all offseason long in his articles. We got alot of money its going somewhere.

We will have to see whats on the market this offseason. There are always a few surprises. A team like Minnesota fizzes out round 1 and their notoriously cheap owner doesnt want to pay KAT due to repeaters tax. Suddenly were in a 3 team trade moving picks+Ivey. Onv dreaming just painting pictures guys get moved we have seen it many times unexpectedly.

Im just saying we got alot of space here and with the right offseason we could improve alot faster then expected.
vege
RealGM

Post#77 » by vege » Sat Mar 2, 2024 4:33 am

mattao313 wrote:
vege wrote:

At least it'll be more entertaining seeing what they do than watching this garbage team lol

You know we're very likely paying premium to acquire Zach LaVine right? Do you think that will be more entertaining? Weaver is going to destroy our franchise for years.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#78 » by Neptune » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:22 am

Tough lost. Our guards just didn't shoot the ball well tonight, but very encouraging to see us fight back.

We miss Sasser in the worst way. Our bench needs to be shorten to a 8 or 9 man rotation when Sasser returns. Hopefully Monty sees this and makes the changes.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,410

Post#79 » by mattao313 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:14 am

vege wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
vege wrote:

You know we're very likely paying premium to acquire Zach LaVine right? Do you think that will be more entertaining? Weaver is going to destroy our franchise for years.
Idk what Weaver is gonna do but still it'll be more interesting than watching this team get dismantled on a nightly basis.

Championships
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,095

Post#80 » by tmorgan » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:58 am

Neptune wrote:Tough lost. Our guards just didn't shoot the ball well tonight, but very encouraging to see us fight back.

We miss Sasser in the worst way. Our bench needs to be shorten to a 8 or 9 man rotation when Sasser returns. Hopefully Monty sees this and makes the changes.

Don’t hold your breath for Monty seeing anything.

Return to Detroit Pistons