joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,085

Re: Game 62 - Pistons vs. Nets - 7pm ET 

Post#141 » by joedumars1 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:55 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:What is going on in here lol
People found their next thing to be mad at for no reason, that's all.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

For some reason, regardless of the view, religion bothers some people in a different way.

Some “bothered posters” have said that it’s only because he was being “preachy” on basketball time but I don’t really believe that.

If Ivey had gone into a short monologue and preached about how government backed dollars were going down and everyone needed to load up on Bitcoin or else, I doubt anyone would be frantic or outraged.

I think people would have found that “1 off” occurrence amusing or been able to quickly dismiss it rather than run to a message board to vent.
so you’re saying go big on Bitcoin
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,279

Post#142 » by GreekAlex » Sat Mar 9, 2024 10:07 pm

joedumars1 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:People found their next thing to be mad at for no reason, that's all.

For some reason, regardless of the view, religion bothers some people in a different way.

Some “bothered posters” have said that it’s only because he was being “preachy” on basketball time but I don’t really believe that.

If Ivey had gone into a short monologue and preached about how government backed dollars were going down and everyone needed to load up on Bitcoin or else, I doubt anyone would be frantic or outraged.

I think people would have found that “1 off” occurrence amusing or been able to quickly dismiss it rather than run to a message board to vent.
so you’re saying go big on Bitcoin

Exactly :lol: :lol: :lol:
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#143 » by DetroitSho » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:32 am

GreekAlex wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:

Spot on

Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,398

Post#144 » by Mr Peanut » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:25 am

GreekAlex wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:

I think it's important to not assume how other people would (or how you think they should) react to different situations, especially when they've all lived a different experience and have a different worldview to yourself. And it is arguably trivializing the situation by comparing Ivey's subject to the price of Bitcoin. But I digress, as this isn't the right forum.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,279

Post#145 » by GreekAlex » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:47 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:People found their next thing to be mad at for no reason, that's all.

I think it's important to not assume how other people would (or how you think they should) react to different situations, especially when they've all lived a different experience and have a different worldview to yourself. And it is arguably trivializing the situation by comparing Ivey's subject to the price of Bitcoin. But I digress, as this isn't the right forum.

I enjoy this board for the social component and high quality discussions with other knowledgeable fans about the team that I love.

I was just a little surprised at what I viewed as an overreaction to a seemingly innocent situation.

I want to contribute to an enjoyable platform and spread positivity and bring people together.

I’m going to turn the page on this topic and I wish everyone, including those I disagree with, well.

Return to Detroit Pistons