ImageImageImage

Grimes has knee problems>how did he pass Pistons physical ??(Red/Flag)

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Re: Grimes has knee problems>how did he pass Pistons physical ??(Red/Flag) 

Post#41 » by Mr Peanut » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:44 am

kellmellus50 wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:
Go and look at Bojan and Burks's numbers in NY and then come back and say this with a straight face.

Totally agree. Everyone wants to just bag on Weaver. I thought the trade deadline went well. Moved on from Livers and Bagley (and his salary next year creating more cap space), dumped Hayes, got Fontecchio for Morris, and Grimes for BB and Burks. Grimes is clearly not 100%. He will be fine for next year if not before. No home runs, but solid trades.

Your wrong he will not be fine next year, check his history he had knee problems every year (3) and the pistons choose to look the other way.Next year because of reacurring knee problems will play about 1/2 of the games if were lucky.

QUENTIN GRIMES
#24 - SHOOTING GUARD - DETROIT PISTONS
PPG
RPG
APG
NBA > DETROIT PISTONS > QUENTIN GRIMES INJURIES
NEWS
BIO
SOCIAL
STATS
VIDEOS
GAME LOG
INJURIES
DATE
INJURY
3/14/24
Knee
3/3/24
Knee
2/12/24
Knee
1/31/24
Knee
12/30/23
Illness
11/15/23
Hand
4/22/23
Shoulder
12/21/22
Ankle
11/10/22
Foot
11/5/22
Foot
10/18/22
Foot
2/25/22
Knee
2/7/22
Knee

OK, so he had two listed knee injuries in February two years ago during his rookie season (within 18 days of each other so presumably the same injury) and then all of the other knee injuries you've listed are from the last 6-7 weeks (so would pertain to one injury). Where's the knee injuries from last season?

And I doubt anyone chose to "look the other way". The Pistons have a medical staff that would do their due diligence on something like this. I get that we have our gripes with Gores/Weaver/Monty, but I don't think we can necessarily assume that the inadequacies in the organization extend to the doctors/staff who would've pored through Grimes's medical records and decided whether they felt his injury troubles would be a long-term issue or not. Remember, this is the same staff that found enough red flags to suggest rescinding the Bol Bol trade so they aren't afraid to back out if they smell trouble.

And probably best to avoid rampant speculation on his games played next season when you have very little facts (or medical knowledge) to work with.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#42 » by kellmellus50 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:50 pm

Where's the knee injuries from last season ? MR Peanut your like the Pistons i don't see anything LOL

all you have to do is pick a year and look!!!!

Grimes will not be on the team next year because of his bad knees he will end up being cut before the start of the season.

2/25/22
Knee
2/7/22
Knee
Knee
12/30/23
Knee
3/3/24
Knee
2/12/24
Knee
1/31/24
Knee
3/14/24
Knee
Mr Peanut
Starter

Post#43 » by Mr Peanut » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:16 am

kellmellus50 wrote:Where's the knee injuries from last season ? MR Peanut your like the Pistons i don't see anything LOL

all you have to do is pick a year and look!!!!

Grimes will not be on the team next year because of his bad knees he will end up being cut before the start of the season.

2/25/22
Knee
2/7/22
Knee
Knee
12/30/23
Knee
3/3/24
Knee
2/12/24
Knee
1/31/24
Knee
3/14/24
Knee

I can't tell if you're joking or not. All of those dates you've listed are either from Grimes's 2021-22 season (October 2021 - April 2022) or his 2023-24 season (October 2023 - now).

None of those dates include the 2022-23 season (October 2022 - April 2023), the one where he played 71 games in the regular season and 9 playoff games. Those of us who can read dates can appreciate that he has had two separate knee injuries (one in his rookie season, and one now).

Also the 12/30/23 one was a non-COVID illness and not knee related so don't try and alter the list to support your argument (which is looking incredibly flimsy).
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#44 » by kellmellus50 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:40 pm

Detroit Pistons’ Quentin Grimes Knee Injury: Future & Surgery Concerns
By BVM Sportsdesk, 03/08/2024
In the 2023-24 season, with little to play for, the Detroit Pistons are scrutinizing Quentin Grimes' fit within the team, obtained in a trade with the Knicks, but his persistent knee injury is raising concerns as he misses more games.

The Big Picture
The Pistons are in a critical phase of evaluating Grimes' role in their future roster amidst his recurring knee issues, highlighting the importance of his performance and health for the team's decision-making process.

By the Numbers
Grimes played 71 games in year two and has appeared in 49 games this season, missing 11 games and counting due to injury.
He has been on the injury list three times with knee injuries since 2022, with concerns growing about the potential need for offseason surgery.
State of Play
Grimes' recurring knee injury is a focal point as the Pistons consider extending his contract for next season.
The team faces a delicate balance between Grimes' value as a 3-and-D wing player and the risks associated with his injury history.
What's Next
The Pistons will closely monitor Grimes' injury situation in the remaining games of the season to make an informed decision on his future with the team, potentially impacting their offseason plans.

Bottom Line
Quentin Grimes' persistent knee issues are posing a significant dilemma for the Pistons, forcing a careful assessment of his long-term role with the team and potential implications for their future strategy and player development.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#45 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:43 pm

Weaver traded for a lemon.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#46 » by theBigLip » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:46 pm

I don’t think we will know if this is a good trade or not until next year. If he’s healthy, we win that trade for sure. If not, oh well. Burks was toast and Bogdonovich is getting old, can’t play D and wasn’t a long term option.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#47 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:55 pm

theBigLip wrote:I don’t think we will know if this is a good trade or not until next year. If he’s healthy, we win that trade for sure. If not, oh well. Burks was toast and Bogdonovich is getting old, can’t play D and wasn’t a long term option.

Yeah they werent anything special. Its moreso about having a couple NBA players in the rotation to give the kids some competent teammates. Filling the roster with Gleaguers isnt optimal.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#48 » by theBigLip » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:02 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
theBigLip wrote:I don’t think we will know if this is a good trade or not until next year. If he’s healthy, we win that trade for sure. If not, oh well. Burks was toast and Bogdonovich is getting old, can’t play D and wasn’t a long term option.

Yeah they werent anything special. Its moreso about having a couple NBA players in the rotation to give the kids some competent teammates. Filling the roster with Gleaguers isnt optimal.

Agree it’s a G league team now. But we should get to refresh with some established NBA players this summer which we badly need. I know I’ve been one of the few Weaver supporters on this board, but his spending this summer will decide for me if he’s competent or not.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#49 » by kellmellus50 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:33 pm

I will bet anyone that Grimes will be on the injured list sometime next year with knee problems
Mr Peanut
Starter

Post#50 » by Mr Peanut » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:18 am

Interesting fact is that Grimes and Isaiah Stewart have played the exact same number of games (168) over the past three seasons. Also taking into account that Grimes had a reasonable number of healthy scratches in his rookie season where Thibs DNP-CD'd him.
Mr Peanut
Starter

Post#51 » by Mr Peanut » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:22 am

From a few days ago:

Read on Twitter
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,469

Post#52 » by Canadafan » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:08 pm

theBigLip wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Agree it’s a G league team now. But we should get to refresh with some established NBA players this summer which we badly need. I know I’ve been one of the few Weaver supporters on this board, but his spending this summer will decide for me if he’s competent or not.

Ya he needs to strike gold this summer with 2 possibly 3 impact rotation players. Wouldn't hurt if one or 2 of them were all stars haha
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#53 » by theBigLip » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:53 am

Canadafan wrote:
theBigLip wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Ya he needs to strike gold this summer with 2 possibly 2 impact rotation players. Wouldn't hurt if one or 2 of them were all stars haha

We can pay. We’re not going to lose any bidding wars if we really want someone. But I hope we don’t overpay for anyone. We really don’t have any bad contracts on the team and I’d like to keep it that way.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,050

Post#54 » by bstein14 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:10 am

It'll be interesting to see what Font looks like as a #1 option with a lot of bench guys around him. He might earn himself some money if he can pull off a few 30 pointers.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#55 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:09 pm

Grimes has missed seven straight and has appeared in just six of the 22 games he's been on the Pistons.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#56 » by joedumars1 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:35 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:Grimes has missed seven straight and has appeared in just six of the 22 games he's been on the Pistons.

You slacking man, grimes out for year. Happy easter
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#57 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:41 pm

"out for the season" sound dramatic but with like 2 weeks left in the season it's not a big deal
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Mr Peanut
Starter

Post#58 » by Mr Peanut » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:42 am

Read on Twitter

Probably fair to note that he is out due to muscle soreness, rather than any ongoing concern with the knee itself per se. Not requiring surgery and presumably will be ready for a full off-season of training.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#59 » by joedumars1 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:27 pm

Mr Peanut wrote:
Read on Twitter

Probably fair to note that he is out due to muscle soreness, rather than any ongoing concern with the knee itself per se. Not requiring surgery and presumably will be ready for a full off-season of training.

So in my little head, no surgery means he still going to be dealing with same **** for sure next year, unless he just doesn’t want to play through it this year, but will next. Weird no surgery but it keeps him out of games and seems to be a lingering thing
Mr Peanut
Starter

Post#60 » by Mr Peanut » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:19 pm

joedumars1 wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:
Read on Twitter

So in my little head, no surgery means he still going to be dealing with same **** for sure next year, unless he just doesn’t want to play through it this year, but will next. Weird no surgery but it keeps him out of games and seems to be a lingering thing

Surgery isn't a panacea. It may make sense if he was dealing with a ligament injury but the reports available suggest that isn't the case. Most non-ligamentous knee injuries are better managed conservatively.

It's possible that if were actually playing for something he could suit up and play through muscle soreness. But our season is lost and there's no point him risking further injury to get us from 13 to 15 wins.

Return to Detroit Pistons