ImageImageImage

Grimes has knee problems>how did he pass Pistons physical ??(Red/Flag)

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Re: Grimes has knee problems>how did he pass Pistons physical ??(Red/Flag) 

Post#21 » by joedumars1 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:26 pm

Snakebites wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:Who cares? Bojan and Burks weren’t getting us anything of value anymore, we missed the boat on bojan 4-5months into his pistons career is when he should’ve been shipped. Moving them opened up playing the younger guys good move

They were assets and I'm sure most of us would like to have gotten value for them.

I haven't given up on that yet, but the early returns are less than great.

What could we have a got? 2nds? Bojan avg 12 and Burks 7 for New York. We got what we could imo (a young guy who had promise) who some were very excited for, I wasn’t as excited from grimes, but seen why some could be, I think they got what they could for a old man and a streaky chucker. Detroit missed the boat on bojan having value. Would you rather still have Burks and bojan and not see Ivey/Sasser get minutes to see what they have? Not to mention how it might’ve effected font minutes.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#22 » by theBigLip » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:16 pm

joedumars1 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:Who cares? Bojan and Burks weren’t getting us anything of value anymore, we missed the boat on bojan 4-5months into his pistons career is when he should’ve been shipped. Moving them opened up playing the younger guys good move

They were assets and I'm sure most of us would like to have gotten value for them.

What could we have a got? 2nds? Bojan avg 12 and Burks 7 for New York. We got what we could imo (a young guy who had promise) who some were very excited for, I wasn’t as excited from grimes, but seen why some could be, I think they got what they could for a old man and a streaky chucker. Detroit missed the boat on bojan having value. Would you rather still have Burks and bojan and not see Ivey/Sasser get minutes to see what they have? Not to mention how it might’ve effected font minutes.

Seems like if Grimes has offseason surgery he should be 100% for next year. I don’t consider this a wasted trade if that happens.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#23 » by Invictus88 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:19 pm

theBigLip wrote:
joedumars1 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:They were assets and I'm sure most of us would like to have gotten value for them.

Seems like if Grimes has offseason surgery he should be 100% for next year. I don’t consider this a wasted trade if that happens.

If you were to tell me that for burks, bojan, and knox that we would have gotten a better version of bojan (that is younger and defends) and a 23 yr-old lockdown defender sg that still has potential offensively I would say "sign me up" 10 out of 10 times.

Without the knee injury we probably don't get him. We have nothing to play for this season. If he is full-strength by training camp then we've done great.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#24 » by Mr Peanut » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:04 am

As far as I'm aware, patella subluxations resolve the majority of the time with just conservative management and only the minority end up needing surgery (which still has a good long-term outcome).

Not worried in the slightest with Grimes - he's 23 years old and will recover nicely, and on day one of next season he will have been at full health for some time.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,310

Post#25 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:28 pm

His jumpshot is what we really need to recover.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,689

Post#26 » by Cowology » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:29 pm

I had pretty low expectations when we acquired him, so I'll be pleased if he's any sorta meaningful rotation player next year.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#27 » by mattao313 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:26 pm

The little I've seen of him I'm not impressed looks like a Langston Galloway clone.

Sent from my SM-A528B using RealGM mobile app
Championships
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#28 » by kellmellus50 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:42 am

mattao313 wrote:The little I've seen of him I'm not impressed looks like a Langston Galloway clone.

100% agree I'm not impressed either.
Mr Peanut
Starter

Post#29 » by Mr Peanut » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:25 am

He got pretty significant minutes on a good Knicks team last year, shooting 39% from three on almost 6 attempts per game, TS 62%, WS .101/48, DPM 0.1, VORP 1.0.

But sure, let's just base our evaluation on 6 games here where he is clearly not at full health.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,053

Post#30 » by bstein14 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:18 am

Mr Peanut wrote:He got pretty significant minutes on a good Knicks team last year, shooting 39% from three on almost 6 attempts per game, TS 62%, WS .101/48, DPM 0.1, VORP 1.0.

But sure, let's just base our evaluation on 6 games here where he is clearly not at full health.

Knicks fans mentioned the reason he fell out of the rotation in NY was largely due to his poor shot selection which we've already seen here as well. Thibs mostly wanted Grimes to just take open catch and shoot threes and Grimes wanted to get the ball more... more shots... more creating his own, etc.

Not so much unlike the situation Jerami Grant was in Denver where they mostly wanted him in the corners catch and shoot they didn't want him trying to do too much they had other players who could create.

So Grimes is coming to Detroit with the idea he's going to have more freedom and more shots but the reality is he has not looked good at all and a lot of those shots have been forced, rushed, not in the rhythm of an offense, etc. Part of that comes with playing with the guys more and getting to know the system better but I also know next season he'll be playing for a contract so hopefully he puts the work in during the offseason to really come out and help us take that leap and he gets back to being much more efficient on offense and a ball hawk on defense.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#31 » by kellmellus50 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:55 pm

Pistons have yet to release their injury report after playing 24 hours ago. Ausar Thompson (illness) has missed the past four games, and Quentin Grimes has missed two straight with right knee soreness. He missed four games at the start of March with the same issue.
SuperBad
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#32 » by SuperBad » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:36 am

Could we flip Grimes this summer for Bruce Brown and take on the salary for our cap cap pace, and extend him 2 yrs?
tradez401
Starter
And1: 617

Post#33 » by tradez401 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:42 pm

we definitely lost the knicks trade only trade troy won was the fontecchio/monte trade dont see the interest in grimes he plays better defense than livers but his health early on is concerning and his jumpshot is shot.
tradez401
Starter
And1: 617

Post#34 » by tradez401 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:44 pm

mattao313 wrote:The little I've seen of him I'm not impressed looks like a Langston Galloway clone.

galloway could shoot lol.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#35 » by BDM22 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:03 pm

tradez401 wrote:we definitely lost the knicks trade only trade troy won was the fontecchio/monte trade dont see the interest in grimes he plays better defense than livers but his health early on is concerning and his jumpshot is shot.

Grimes shot 38.6% percent from 3 on high volume last year and 38.1% his rookie year. He shot 40% his last year in college. I see no reason to believe that he's just suddenly a horrendous 3 point shooter.

Probably should have just let him heal properly instead of rush him back to play through an injury like they did with Duren earlier in the year, and seem to have done with Cade.
Mr Peanut
Starter

Post#36 » by Mr Peanut » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:15 am

tradez401 wrote:we definitely lost the knicks trade only trade troy won was the fontecchio/monte trade dont see the interest in grimes he plays better defense than livers but his health early on is concerning and his jumpshot is shot.

Go and look at Bojan and Burks's numbers in NY and then come back and say this with a straight face.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#37 » by theBigLip » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:06 am

Mr Peanut wrote:

Go and look at Bojan and Burks's numbers in NY and then come back and say this with a straight face.

Totally agree. Everyone wants to just bag on Weaver. I thought the trade deadline went well. Moved on from Livers and Bagley (and his salary next year creating more cap space), dumped Hayes, got Fontecchio for Morris, and Grimes for BB and Burks. Grimes is clearly not 100%. He will be fine for next year if not before. No home runs, but solid trades.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#38 » by mattao313 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:29 am

tradez401 wrote:

galloway could shoot lol.
Lmao more of supposedly good on defense and is a chucker.

Championships
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#39 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:17 am

Troys magic touch strikes again
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#40 » by kellmellus50 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:40 pm

theBigLip wrote:
Mr Peanut wrote:

Totally agree. Everyone wants to just bag on Weaver. I thought the trade deadline went well. Moved on from Livers and Bagley (and his salary next year creating more cap space), dumped Hayes, got Fontecchio for Morris, and Grimes for BB and Burks. Grimes is clearly not 100%. He will be fine for next year if not before. No home runs, but solid trades.

Your wrong he will not be fine next year, check his history he had knee problems every year (3) and the pistons choose to look the other way.Next year because of reacurring knee problems will play about 1/2 of the games if were lucky.

QUENTIN GRIMES
#24 - SHOOTING GUARD - DETROIT PISTONS
PPG
RPG
APG
NBA > DETROIT PISTONS > QUENTIN GRIMES INJURIES
NEWS
BIO
SOCIAL
STATS
VIDEOS
GAME LOG