Re: Game 65 - Pistons vs. Raptors - 7pm ET 

Post#61 » by Neptune » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:02 am

Good win! Now make it a 3 game winning streak against Miami
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 474

Post#62 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:42 pm

vege wrote:I am 100% done with Ivey. He can't guard anyone. He can't even guard Dick who's bad, IQ just humiliates Ivey. Ivey is bad. We should've traded him while he still had any value.

He can't guard DIck.. Got back-doored by Dick, too. He can't shoot 3's and has no mid-range. Turns it over. Yeah, Cade might turn it over, but at least he's a Top 10 in assists.

But a win is a win, although I have to echo Kelser's sentiment about the team looking flat.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#63 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:43 pm

Has Grimes ever made a shot for the Pistons? Umude can't be any worse. I hope Ausar is back tomorrow.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,052

Post#64 » by bstein14 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:51 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:Has Grimes ever made a shot for the Pistons? Umude can't be any worse. I hope Ausar is back tomorrow.

Grimes has been disappointing for sure he's not looking like a rotation player at the moment. Umude has clearly been better. Hopefully Grimes pulls it together soon.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#65 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:55 pm

Bobby Marks: Simone Fontecchio has now started 41-games and as a result reached starter criteria. His Qualifying Offer and cap hold in 2024-25 is $5,216,324. Acquired at the trade deadline, Fontecchio is averaging 15.2 points, 49% FG and 43% on 3’s with the Pistons. He is a restricted FA if the QO is tendered by 6/29.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#66 » by Neptune » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:37 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:He can't guard DIck.. Got back-doored by Dick, too

This statement is crazy! :lol:
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#67 » by theBigLip » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:17 pm

bstein14 wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:Has Grimes ever made a shot for the Pistons? Umude can't be any worse. I hope Ausar is back tomorrow.

Grimes has been disappointing for sure he's not looking like a rotation player at the moment. Umude has clearly been better. Hopefully Grimes pulls it together soon.

Isn’t he recovering from an injury? He’s a legit rotation player even if we haven’t seen it yet
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#68 » by Billl » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:25 pm

I'm still trying to hold out hope for Ivey, but man, it's not looking good. Everyone needs to be able to defend. You can kinda turn a little blind eye if a guy is a flame thrower and scores more that he give up, but you can't be a 15 ppg guy and not play defense.
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Post#69 » by Drwho17 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:28 pm

NYPiston wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:The Pistons now go for their longest win streak since the 21-22 season. 3 in a row.

No, im not joking. Its been 149 games since their last 3 game winning streak.

Unfortunately it's against a Miami team that's starting to peak as we near the playoffs, unsurprisingly, so it's bloody unlikely.

Miami is struggling right now, Pistons can beat them at LCA.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#70 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:49 pm

Pistons are 4-6 in the last 10
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,258

Post#71 » by GreekAlex » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:53 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:Pistons are 4-6 in the last 10

If only the season was 100 games longer, we’d be in prime position to make our play-off run. :lol:
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,740

Post#72 » by zeebneeb » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:54 pm

theBigLip wrote:
bstein14 wrote:

Isn’t he recovering from an injury? He’s a legit rotation player even if we haven’t seen it yet
People really need to take a step back on Grimes.

He is only a year older then Cade. He is a career .778 FT shooter. He is a career .371 three-point shooter(yes that includes his awful start with the Pistons at .143) is a hell of a defender, and plays within the team structure. He is still dealing with a knee issue, but, because of the competitor that he is, he isn't taking the time needed to heal all the way. Last night I watched him grabbing that same knee.

I firmly believe in Grimes. So much so, that I am Absolutely willing to trade Ivey+pick for an upgrade at the 4, and immediately start Grimes. Zero issue with that.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#73 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:30 pm

I'd like to start Sasser next to Cade, since Sasser is not a pg, but has a pg body and can defend and shoot 3's over 40%. Ivey can then come off the bench and not have to worry about passing or defending starters.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#74 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:15 pm

I'm not going to start an entire thread for this, but found it funny...

Nonetheless, the focus today lies on the lingering resentment that Anthony seemingly harbors toward the former No. 2 pick for being selected ahead of him. Milicic, in his typical no-nonsense fashion, recently responded to this ongoing saga. “He’s still whining about it to this today. You were third; what do you want? Are you crazy? Why are you whining?” Darko exclaimed in the latest episode of ‘Jao Mile Podcast.’ “If I were third, maybe I would still be playing, and he’d be picking apples. Be quiet, brother, everything is fine…”

And who can forget this video?
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#75 » by vege » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:20 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:
vege wrote:I am 100% done with Ivey. He can't guard anyone. He can't even guard Dick who's bad, IQ just humiliates Ivey. Ivey is bad. We should've traded him while he still had any value.

He can't guard DIck.. Got back-doored by Dick, too. He can't shoot 3's and has no mid-range. Turns it over. Yeah, Cade might turn it over, but at least he's a Top 10 in assists.

But a win is a win, although I have to echo Kelser's sentiment about the team looking flat.

Ivey is making the entire team worse on defense, he is so **** bad there. He's been bad on offense, but I think he will be ok offensively, my issue with him is how bad he is on defense.

Dick backdoored Ivey, the next play he tried the same thing with Stew and got denied. That's how bad Ivey is. He is clueless and hopeless as a defender.

I mean even Wiseman is taking baby steps on defense and improving, Ivey is just getting worse at this point.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#76 » by MortSahlfan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:52 pm

vege wrote:
MortSahlfan wrote:

Ivey is making the entire team worse on defense, he is so **** bad there. He's been bad on offense, but I think he will be ok offensively, my issue with him is how bad he is on defense.

Dick backdoored Ivey, the next play he tried the same thing with Stew and got denied. That's how bad Ivey is. He is clueless and hopeless as a defender.

I mean even Wiseman is taking baby steps on defense and improving, Ivey is just getting worse at this point.

He got beat a few times by Dick... He has athleticism, and needs to use it more. No basketball IQ.. He can't play off the ball, which is another reason .. well, Monty wanted him off the bench, but the front office intervened.

He can't shoot the 3, can't shoot the mid-range.. Not a good passer or dribbler.. And eventually, teams will realize he just wants to go to the hole, which is probably why he's always open from 3... He just sorta chucks it up and hopes Jesus will do the rest.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#77 » by Mr Peanut » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:57 pm

Not sure what is going on with Ivey recently but he has taken a step back. Earlier in the season he was efficient and hitting a lot of shots from outside but that has fallen off. And he isn't putting in as much effort on defense. It seems that consistency is a real issue for him.

I hate giving up on young guys too early but if there's a good deal that comes along this off-season for Ivey/our pick for a significant upgrade then I think you have to do it. Because if Ivey doesn't significantly improve next season and become more consistent then his value will be even lower and he'll be up for an extension which we won't want to give.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#78 » by theBigLip » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:32 pm

Ivey’s played a year and a half. He’s very athletic. He’s had some good games. I don’t think there’s an urgency to get rid of him. He doesn’t cost that much on his rookie contract. But he does have work to do (as well as everyone else on our team).

Now’s the time to keep playing him and get experience and improve all around. It’s much easier to teach him up than to figure out how we can get another top 5 pick.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,123

Post#79 » by NYPiston » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:12 am

Drwho17 wrote:
Miami is struggling right now, Pistons can beat them at LCA.

I see that they've lost 4 in a row, I haven't been paying much attention to the out of town games much lately so my bad. They were running hot last time I followed.
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,310

Post#80 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:31 am

theBigLip wrote:Ivey’s played a year and a half. He’s very athletic. He’s had some good games. I don’t think there’s an urgency to get rid of him. He doesn’t cost that much on his rookie contract. But he does have work to do (as well as everyone else on our team).

Now’s the time to keep playing him and get experience and improve all around. It’s much easier to teach him up than to figure out how we can get another top 5 pick.

Word. The hardest part of the game is consistency. Half of us wanted to trade Cade earlier in the season when he was looking terrible. Ivey has some skills. No reason to give up on him yet, unless it's in a trade high for someone worth trading him for.

Return to Detroit Pistons