Game 67 - Pistons vs. Heat - 3pm

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,123

Re: Game 67 - Pistons vs. Heat - 3pm 

Post#41 » by NYPiston » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:21 pm

JNewton wrote:
I've been a pretty staunch defender of Cade, but he's been quite disappointing this year. The next GM, whenever Weaver is finally shown the door, is going to have to come in a do a complete teardown and expansion team day zero re-rebuild. Quite frustrating the last 4 years have been completely for naught; I don't think there's anything salvageable here.

Huh? Cade has been fine, he's actually upped his efficiency and has become more of a playmaker. His defense kind of blows although he shows flashes of solid defense but I don't think that'll ever be a strength of his, he's just not quick enough.
No, he hasn't reached superstar status like we hoped but Cade is the last one I'd call out for being disappointing.

With that said, what an idiotic decision to end the game yesterday. Not only not taking the last shot of the game but settling for a 3 in that moment. You just hope that it's a leaning experience.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,123

Post#42 » by NYPiston » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:24 pm

smann7 wrote:Monty should have taken a TO, calmed everyone down and drawn up a final play.

Yeah, but that would require coaching which he seems to have no interest in doing this season.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#43 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:35 pm

bstein14 wrote:
JNewton wrote:
Snakebites wrote:This one’s on Cade.

t.

There is no chance that the next GM could come in and convince Gores we need another few years of a rebuild. 100% if Weaver is fired he's going to be replaced by someone selling Gores on quickly moving this team into the playoffs. Literally fans chanting sell the team at home games and the worst losing streak of all time no one is going to get this GM job telling Gores we need 2-3 more years of being a 20s win team.

Makes no since at all. Post ASB Cade has been a 23 8ast 5reb shooting 40% from 3pter on about 7 per. Hes worth building around even if hes not a MVP level player hes going to be a multiple time all star.

We need to give him real NBA players to play with. Cades played a bunch of minutes of his career with Killian Hayes whos not even a NBA player. The majority of our roster has stunk since we've had him and most the guys we do have dont even have synergy with his skillset.

I'm not talking adding Tobias either. We need to get some big time talent here. Hit the trade market.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,943

Post#44 » by Uncle Mxy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:56 pm

Snakebites wrote:This one’s on Cade.

Cade shouldn't be playing PG.

Return to Detroit Pistons