ImageImageImage

Game 68 - Pistons @ Celtics - 7:30pm ET

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer
And1: 474

Game 68 - Pistons @ Celtics - 7:30pm ET 

Post#1 » by MortSahlfan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:35 am

When I woke up, I remembered that 3 at the buzzer. Hope the Pistons can beat the Celtics and make up for it.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Re: Game 68 - Pistons @ Celtics - 7:30pm ET 

Post#2 » by Mr Peanut » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:13 am

Would be nice if we could push them like the last game in Boston but somehow I doubt that happens.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#3 » by MortSahlfan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:38 pm

Fournier on Monty: “He’s one of the best teachers I’ve had since I’ve been a pro. He reminds me of the coaches in Europe. Usually in the NBA you install a system and players just play, you don’t have plays. He’s very detailed, especially defensively.”
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by MortSahlfan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:10 pm

#Celtics forwards Jayson Tatum (right ankle impingement) & Jaylen Brown (right ankle sprain) are questionable for tonight's game vs. the #Pistons.

Kristaps Porzingis (right hamstring strain) is listed as probable.

Jrue Holiday (right shoulder), Al Horford & Sam Houser are out.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,764

Post#5 » by theBigLip » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:56 pm

MortSahlfan wrote:#Celtics forwards Jayson Tatum (right ankle impingement) & Jaylen Brown (right ankle sprain) are questionable for tonight's game vs. the #Pistons.

Kristaps Porzingis (right hamstring strain) is listed as probable.

Jrue Holiday (right shoulder), Al Horford & Sam Houser are out.

So if we’re playing against their second string we have a chance :lol:
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by MortSahlfan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:14 pm

I'm not sure it increases our chance that much. This team will be unpredictable and hungry. And a lot of teams underestimate them.

If our guys had pride, they would try to kick their ass. We've seen this many times before. Detroit has become a place to manage your load.
joedumars1
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,078

Post#7 » by joedumars1 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:12 pm

Tatum out, cade and font out. Sasser might start
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by MortSahlfan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:10 pm

Evan Fournier has been fined $25k for kicking the ball into the stands at the end of last night’s loss, the NBA just announced
Patrick27
Junior
And1: 107

Post#9 » by Patrick27 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:51 pm

With Cade and Simone out, I wouldn't be shocked to see Ivey go off for 40 tonight.
MortSahlfan
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by MortSahlfan » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:05 am

Pretty good game so far.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,788

Post#11 » by Snakebites » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:07 am

Trade Ivey or Cade.

Seriously. They don't fit together. Move one while there's still value to be had, there will be none after enough time of them never having good games together.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,053

Post#12 » by bstein14 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:23 am

You know interest is at an all-time low with this team when we still on page one well after a game has ended. Even during the massive losing streak and really all the years I've been posting here this really never happens. No one cares right now and the hope many people had about our "young core" continues to dwindle. The past few years the off seasons have been more exciting than the regular seasons.... especially come late in the season.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#13 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:42 am

Snakebites wrote:Trade Ivey or Cade.

Seriously. They don't fit together. Move one while there's still value to be had, there will be none after enough time of them never having good games together.

Been saying this for awhile. Its very obv they have no synergy together. Ivey is a on ball player in the NBA same as he was in college.

Fans have FOMO trading a player that could potentially breakout later like Ivey. Well guess what the change of scenery is what will allow him to breakout.

The good thing is hes shown enough he will have value on the trade market. Other teams will see the flashes hes shown on tape. High draft pick with top 1% NBA athleticism.
Neptune
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#14 » by Neptune » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:40 am

buzzkilloton wrote:

Been saying this for awhile. Its very obv they have no synergy together. Ivey is a on ball player in the NBA same as he was in college.

Fans have FOMO trading a player that could potentially breakout later like Ivey. Well guess what the change of scenery is what will allow him to breakout.

The good thing is hes shown enough he will have value on the trade market. Other teams will see the flashes hes shown on tape. High draft pick with top 1% NBA athleticism.

Naw, it's there 1st full year playing together. Why give up on it so soon.

In other news, bad lost tonight. I think Grimes might be done for. The Knicks gave us a bad trade that needs to be investigated.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,352

Post#15 » by buzzkilloton » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:43 am

Neptune wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

In other news, bad lost tonight. I think Grimes might be done for. The Knicks gave us a bad trade that needs to be investigated.

As snakebites said "while there's still value to be had,there will be none after enough time of them never having good games together"

Currently Ivey is year two of his rookie deal which adds value to another team trading for him. We can sell him now while he has that "unknown ceiling". If he returns year 3 and only improves at the level he did from year one to year two(not very much at all look at the per 36 numbers) then his value will be lower. Say Monty decides hes best off the bench like he did at the start of this season that too will lower Iveys value as were essentially saying we dont see him as a starter.

Their was always a very high risk Ivey and Cade wouldnt fit together. We are seeing it play out. If we simply move on no big deal but just riding it out because of FOMO makes it worse.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#16 » by BDM22 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 pm

I still think that 99% of NBA coaches could make it work. Any rational human would see that Cade and Ivey should be staggered as much as possible so that both players can spend time as the lead ball handler. Yet, how many games has Monty managed the rotations so that Ivey or Cade are on the floor 100% of the time? Almost zero. And how often is Ivey actually even given the ball as the initial playmaker when he is occasionally on the floor without Cade? Monty still gives the ball to rookie Sasser or was giving it to Killian or basically anyone else on the floor before Ivey. Only time that changes is when Cade is missing a full game, and Monty has no real option.

I don't really know if it can work long term with Ivey and Cade as both are streaky shooters, bad defenders, and loose with the ball (at this stage in their careers), but we don't have a coach capable of helping us actually find out.

I still think if you replace Ivey, you 100% need another guy that can be a creator there anyways. This idea that Cade should play like Luka as the guy dominating the ball all game as Monty wants just isn't rational. You can't have Cade being the only guy on the roster that can create offense, with everyone else just standing around.
tradez401
Starter
And1: 617

Post#17 » by tradez401 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:31 pm

Neptune wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

i still want to see what a FULL season of Cade/Ivey with upgraded talent around them looks like i dont trust this front office to make such moves though.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,053

Post#18 » by bstein14 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:16 pm

BDM22 wrote:

I still think that 99% of NBA coaches could make it work. Any rational human would see that Cade and Ivey should be staggered as much as possible so that both players can spend time as the lead ball handler. Yet, how many games has Monty managed the rotations so that Ivey or Cade are on the floor 100% of the time? Almost zero. And how often is Ivey actually even given the ball as the initial playmaker when he is occasionally on the floor without Cade? Monty still gives the ball to rookie Sasser or was giving it to Killian or basically anyone else on the floor before Ivey. Only time that changes is when Cade is missing a full game, and Monty has no real option.

I don't really know if it can work long term with Ivey and Cade as both are streaky shooters, bad defenders, and loose with the ball (at this stage in their careers), but we don't have a coach capable of helping us actually find out.

I still think if you replace Ivey, you 100% need another guy that can be a creator there anyways. This idea that Cade should play like Luka as the guy dominating the ball all game as Monty wants just isn't rational. You can't have Cade being the only guy on the roster that can create offense.

Interestingly enough, it looks like its Ausar that doesn't fit with the Cade/Ivey duo... same goes for Hayes or Livers obviously. They need a shooter at the three to space the floor for what they want to do.

ICade + Ivey + Font have played 256 minutes together over 16 games and have a +2.3 net rating
Cade + Ivey + Ausar have played 504 minutes together over 41 games and have a -7.0 net rating
Cade + Ivey + Stew have played 553 minutes together over 33 games and have a -0.7 net rating (60.4 TS% which is good)
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,764

Post#19 » by zeebneeb » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:54 pm

bstein14 wrote:You know interest is at an all-time low with this team when we still on page one well after a game has ended. Even during the massive losing streak and really all the years I've been posting here this really never happens. No one cares right now and the hope many people had about our "young core" continues to dwindle. The past few years the off seasons have been more exciting than the regular seasons.... especially come late in the season.
I saw that there was a game tonight, checked the thread, read that Cade was out. Immediately lost interest, played warzone instead, then watched replays of other games later.

There was, even with the Celtics missing a bunch of players, and the Pistons healthy, a less then 10% chance (im being nice) of a victory. Without Cade, that drops to virtually zero.

My interest in the team is at an all-time low. Even more so then the Gordon/Villanueva era, when I walked away for quite awhile. My interest is at an all-time high for the rest of the league though, and that is due to the Pistons organization driving me away. (By the way, peeps need to watch other games right now, as the refs have stopped blowing the whistle, and the games have been amazing to watch.)

This is, since I've been a fan, which is going on 40 damn years, the worst era of Pistons basketball I've ever witnessed, and the Pistons have statistically, one of the worst GM's of all-time

I see no way out of this mess. Why watch, when there is virtually no chance of the team winning?
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,123

Post#20 » by NYPiston » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:54 pm

bstein14 wrote:You know interest is at an all-time low with this team when we still on page one well after a game has ended. Even during the massive losing streak and really all the years I've been posting here this really never happens. No one cares right now and the hope many people had about our "young core" continues to dwindle. The past few years the off seasons have been more exciting than the regular seasons.... especially come late in the season.

2nd of a back to back against the best team in the league with no Cade or Tech, a complete waste of time.
It's hard enough to watch a game with a full Pistons lineup.

The thing is that this offseason isn't exciting either. One of the least exciting drafts of my lifetime, actually it's THE least exciting draft that I can remember, and we just know that Weaver is only going to bring in a marginal talent to supplement The Core 4. I sense that the majority of the fanbase is over this "restoration" as well. The Pistons are probably the 4th most popular Detroit franchise so I can only imagine how apathetic a lot of Detroiters are towards the Pistons now.

Return to Detroit Pistons